Plan for special area where tourists can party safely on Koh Tao

webfact

there are many places to party on koh tao already, AC, Maya, Castle, come to mind.

problem is the tourists went to one of these and got brutally murdered afterwards.

the attitude of thais, burmese towards tourists that they can beat, rob, rape or murder them with impunity is the real problem

handing out more than a 500 baht fine for a beating would be a good place to start

make it known, violence towards tourists in any way shape or form will not be tolerated no matter "who" you are

• Like 2

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

handing out more than a 500 baht fine for a beating would be a good place to start

make it known, violence towards tourists in any way shape or form will not be tolerated no matter "who" you are

Violence towards anyone should not be tolerated.

The punishments should be the same, because all life is equally valuable.

Wow....what a bunch of idoits. Seriously.."A safe area for tourists to party"?

"Gosh mommy can i play on the monkey bars at the double murder site?"

OH....and dont forget that " its the media fault for hampering the investigation"

It just gets worse and worse with every passing minute!!!

The next question then is, "Will there be a kill zone?" You know - an area, where the crooks can kill and rape foreigners without being proscecuted? Oh sorry, forgot... That will be the rest of the whole island then... stupide me smile.png

Edited by catweazle

Violence towards anyone should not be tolerated.

The punishments should be the same, because all life is equally valuable.

I totally agree with both of your statements, but try telling that to the Kho Tao bib's.

They haven't got a clue! "containment" is not the solution; do they really think that people want to party behind a wire fence?

I am so embarrassed for this country right now.

These statements are feeble minded and simply embarrassing for the entire country

So embarrassed.

• Like 1

It's not a secure party area that is needed. Nothing is happening to tourists while they are partying. It is the trip from the party area back to their accommodations where they face the most risks.

Yupp - that means crossing the kill zone... If they get raped and killed there, official statements will read: "It was their own fault, they strayed away from the party zone plus she had a sexy dress on, basically asking for it! We advise all foreigners to adhere to the island's rules and regulations if they want to return home alive!"

It reminds me of tourist reservations in Hurghada and Sharm el-Sheikh in Egypt.

They made those reservations to keep white people... In order to protect them, to enhance their safety on vacation.

Entrance to these areas by the local population is restricted. Otherwise they can not guarantee the safety of the tourists.

Doesn't that also happen in parts of the Caribbean.

Certainly one reason why I would never visit Ko-Tao.

jb1

• Like 1

All farangs need to be educated concerning Thai culture before coming to Thailand. In Thailand you can't be blowing off your mouth at Thai's like you normally do in your own country. On a whole Thailand is a very polite country and farangs need to more respectful and not think their better than most Thai's. Because of their Buddhist up bringing, Thai's aren't use to being insulted by others, especially farangs, Thai's have a hair trigger when it comes to their emotions, and Loosing Face is the ultimate insult. All farangs should leave their anger problems at home and learn from Thai culture.

Edited by Rooo
Font
  • Like 1

All farangs need to be educated concerning Thai culture before coming to Thailand. In Thailand you can't be blowing off your mouth at Thai's like you normally do in your own country. On a whole Thailand is a very polite country and farangs need to more respectful and not think their better than most Thai's. Because of their Buddhist up bringing, Thai's aren't use to being insulted by others, especially farangs, Thai's have a hair trigger when it comes to their emotions, and Loosing Face is the ultimate insult. All farangs should leave their anger problems at home and learn from Thai culture.

A foreigner mouthing off because he's angry a local has just tried to shaft him (padded bill, broken an agreement, etc) is one thing, but I think its the THAI'S who have the anger problem, when they resort to VIOLENCE to 'resolve' issues..

Your generic untraveled foreigner/holiday maker who Thailand likes to attract who knows no better but is willing to spend their hard earned cash for a pleasant break, should just stay clear of Thailand all together. The Thais do not deserve their business, and have done a good job at promoting their country as a cheap, safe and friendly destination. Of which for the run of the mill foreigner on their annual 2 week vacation, it is none of the above.

I have removed a post.

I understand the emotions at the moment, but please be aware that we must abide by forum rules / guidelines.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

What exactly are you trying to say. In context to what? I've read your posts three times and although combined with my knowledge of living here many years i can't fathom what you are suggesting.

Just so you know, i give the respect back that is offered to me and i don't care what country i am in. I don't believe anyone needs a lesson in Thai culture. Its quite simple, there are extremely pleasant Thais and there are thoroughly unpleasant Thais that are to be avoided. Its the same in any country.

You sound like you are very new here.

"The seven unidentified men have been barred from leaving the island, as verification of their DNA is under way, the source added."

Wonder what's taking so long... blink.png

They did it overnight for Montriwat, a brother of Koh Tao subdistrict village chief Voraphan Toovichien. wai2.gifwai.gif

No need to waste the money, people can just come to Myanmar where none of this shit goes on - no Mafia threatening you, no police extortion, REAL smiles and perhaps the most friendly people on the planet. With that said I hope tourists do not <deleted> this place also like they did so many other places...

• Like 1

Is this an acceptance by the authorities that the place is unsafe?

Still should be a mass boycott of the place IMO

Yes. Try Tripadvisor. They are quick to remove cautionary posts , close threads, and only leave "safe to go"

comments. "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

I hear quite a lot about farang should not get angry and shout or cause Thais to lose face because Thais are Bhuddist and Farang should adopt the Thai way of doing things when they come to Thailand etc etc.

Fine. All well and good. But I've lived in Issan for 7 years and all the time I see Thais get angry with each other, shout at each other and basically behave just like any other human beings do. My conclusion is that using the "Thai culture" card is just an excuse used when Thais act violently toward Farang, because in reality Thais don't respect the so called Thai culture themselves.

Oh, and one more thing, are you in anyway suggesting that the two young victims deserved their fate because they behaved badly? Or are you just trolling for the fun of it?

Yes that post from "amse" really did sound ridiculously apologist didn't it. I also think in conclusion your last line is exactly the direction this poster was heading. Final conclusion leads me to think sick trolling or just plain stupid.