Thailand mulls ID wristbands, curfews for tourists

webfact

"Thailand’s tourism minister said on Tuesday that identification wristbands would be distributed to tourists ..."

How about also having information about how much money they are carrying? So after they are targeted, mugged, robbed and possibly murdered, the authorities will know how much cash was stolen and how much to expect in order to focus their investigation on guitar playing Burmese. whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif .

Edited by jaltsc
  • Like 1

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Is this just a Malaysian newspaper trying to spread dirt about Thailand? Is there any Thai news report on this?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/09/30/us-thailand-britain-murder-idUSKCN0HP08520140930

Nothing to do with Malaysia.

Except that it's reported in a Malaysian Newspaper (a tourism competitor to Thailand). The Reuters report is an exact copy. Who picked it up from who?

• Like 2

How about injecting a GPS tracking device into all tourists like they do with dolphins to track their movements?? That way, the Thai tourist Authority will know exactly what each and every tourist do while they were visiting Thailand, also good to track and monitor all foreigners who may want to do their regular visa runs...... laugh.png

I'm going to refuse to wear it if I am given one.

Unless they give me a whistle as well.

This brings logic to a complete new level. Until of course electronic tracking comes in and another tier is formed.......................rolleyes.gif

Still, you might not have to carry your passport with you where ever you go.

Edited by chrisinth

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Is this just a Malaysian newspaper trying to spread dirt about Thailand? Is there any Thai news report on this?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/09/30/us-thailand-britain-murder-idUSKCN0HP08520140930

Nothing to do with Malaysia.

Except that it's reported in a Malaysian Newspaper (a tourism competitor to Thailand). The Reuters report is an exact copy. Who picked it up from who?

Did you not see the byline on this? https://twitter.com/MimiSawitta

The notion that a) a Malaysian newspaper would make this up (including quotes) and then b)Reuters would run with it, is a little surreal.

How nice, I wonder what colour they will be, and will it have "I love the King" stamped on it too. Bet that many more tourist will come when they here of the free tag. Courts here issue them here but only if you earn one by being a bad boy/girl.

Prbkk post # 47

Shes's been in office less than a month and 2 major blunders. She should be contemplating going back to flogging aircons and fridges

Prbkk. You forgot the dead horses in your postbeatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAucheesy.gifcheesy.gif

The only thing missing from this idea to take it into the realms of utter insanity would be to the fine levied on tourists should they refuse to wear the ID Tag.

Persecute the victim to make them feel more secure - clearly they have no concept of the culture which they try to woo into spending their holidays here.

• Like 1

'And then they told me all the uneducated Thais lived in Issan and worked in the rice fields...'

How we laughed.

Everyday some 'educated' moron says something even more moronic than the moron from the previous day.

Quite bizarre.

I think the general has probably offered a prize for the daftest comments/ideas for this month and as it is the last day contestants are rushing out as many as they can. Quite a few gems already.

Watch for Octobers daftest- coming soon.

Edited by Thailand

Yes it will help to identify you if you are killed or mugged. Nice message. Good Thainess.

Headline for the Mail

Don't worry the free tags will ID you when you are found dead in Thailand.

Makes Toe Tags unneeded...

• Like 1

This is a logistical triumph. Just imagine, one buddy for every two tourists. An average FMP on Phangan has say 10,000 - 20,000 people... that's 5000 - 10,000 buddies. Wow, think of the benefit to employment. Think of the extra accommodations required and the catering. This is awesome on so many levels. And then, right when you thought it could not get any better, the icing on the cake, the creme de la creme, your buddy gets to rape and murder you! Superbly astute management.