Thailand mulls ID wristbands, curfews for tourists

webfact

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a novel idea!
I know, what about this...

How about, and this may seem a *touch* radical... but hear me out...

Stop your police (who are meant to be protecting and serving the innocent) taking bribes off of bloodthirsty murderers, rapists and gangsters and pinning the crime on anyone but the culprits so then people feel safe in the country... Hotels have business cards... Thats why they leave them on the front counter... So people can use them to find their way back again... Its kind of the point... If they didn't want to get back there, they wouldn't take a business card!

No need to attach a electronic tag, bracelet or leper bell onto anyone... and no need to stick everyone into a paddock with armed guards just so you don't have to make your utterly bent cops do their job properly!

Edited by DJVillain

I received a news text which said that also under consideration was the creation of tourist ' safe areas ' on islands and in resort areas etc !

I can imagine tourists flocking to be herded into a compound, ghetto or whatever anyone wants to call it.

By designating ' safe ' areas they are in essence saying outside them is bandit country so why would anyone bother visiting such a country ?

Once again open mouth without engaging brain.

SAFE is an acronym... it actually stands for "Stranded Away From Everyone". It is kind of like a Macro for thieves.

• Like 1

It never ceases to amaze me , how the so-called intelligent come up with an idea that is basically so ill thought out and then not only that but also publicised for the entire world to see just how inane, unreasonable,as well as being so full of their own rhetoric and pettiness , inherently stupid, the Government or its nominees are in the governing of the country.

it beggars beklief that they even think this, no wonder Tourism is going down, maybe the rest of the world should TAG Thai tourists in case they get lost so we we all know who they are

• Like 1

Does the tourism minister believe that had Hannah been wearing a tourist wristband, she would not have been raped and murdered? Give me strength! If anything, it will be a big signal to the bad people to... 'get your tourists here!'. The coup should have been all-encompassing and removed all ministries, too. Might as well replace them with anubaan kids.

Probably would not have saved Hannah and David, but definitely would have made it a lot easier, to prove exactly which people FOREIGNERS killed and raped her and David.

What about testing the dog tags on your own people first minister???

• Like 1

They plan to impose:

ID wristbands + Curfews + GPS tracking

How nice!

Now that several posters have seen fit to make comparison to the Nuremburg laws, might it be time to look at this a little more calmly. Is a tourist ID band at a resort/hotel such a bad idea?

I read on TV several times per year the stories of entire Euro-families getting themselves lost in the jungle, when they wander off the beaten path.

What is wrong with an ID band that helps those Euros who don't have enough sense to realize the hazards of getting lost in the jungle?

Some Thai finds them and can read where they are staying and get them back. If somebody wants to inflict harm, wristband or no will not make a difference.

This isn't entirely the goofy idea it's being made out to be. Nature is pretty tame in Europe and a lot of people have no idea what they are wandering into.

Buddy system, curfews and local minders!!!!!

Madam Minister, you are utterly DAFT!

Why not make all tourists get subcutaneous GPS tracking implants,

so they can be monitored 24/7 just in case they wander into bad areas.

Then the black helicopters can come and extract them,

and give them a lecture in Thailand safety.

Maybe implant microphones to monitor their speech patterns to be sure that

they are not using words not liked by the Minster of Culture.

Because all foreigners are like children and must be coddled,

and not trusted to be good influences around the natives.

Edited by animatic

Is that going to take away the deep rooted jealousy that has developed amongst the young Thai's toward the the young female tourist ?

If they cannot confront this and educate them, then it will not change a damn thing.

This new generation, want it all and when they can't have will resort to the likes of what we have witnessed and the many cover up's over the years .

• Like 1