BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
webfact

Thailand mulls ID wristbands, curfews for tourists

What a novel idea!
I know, what about this...

How about, and this may seem a *touch* radical... but hear me out...

Stop your police (who are meant to be protecting and serving the innocent) taking bribes off of bloodthirsty murderers, rapists and gangsters and pinning the crime on anyone but the culprits so then people feel safe in the country... Hotels have business cards... Thats why they leave them on the front counter... So people can use them to find their way back again... Its kind of the point... If they didn't want to get back there, they wouldn't take a business card!

No need to attach a electronic tag, bracelet or leper bell onto anyone... and no need to stick everyone into a paddock with armed guards just so you don't have to make your utterly bent cops do their job properly!

Edited by DJVillain

If ONLY police officers were doing what they were supposed to do (and paid for)... their jobs!

bah.gif

sublime to the ridiculous...........don't they realise that the world is looking on at the moment and these nape-of-the-neck ideas just make them look more and more hopeless

Now, what about expats who take a short break to the coast or islands?

Poor Ms Kobkarn, I think this idea might snap back in her face, or she could be ear-marked for an inactive post.

The piece also refers to curfews in the title but makes no mention of such a thing in the article. Curfews just for tourists?? That's will send them flocking away... Bizarre

• Like 1

I received a news text which said that also under consideration was the creation of tourist ' safe areas ' on islands and in resort areas etc !

I can imagine tourists flocking to be herded into a compound, ghetto or whatever anyone wants to call it.

By designating ' safe ' areas they are in essence saying outside them is bandit country so why would anyone bother visiting such a country ?

Once again open mouth without engaging brain.

SAFE is an acronym... it actually stands for "Stranded Away From Everyone". It is kind of like a Macro for thieves.

• Like 1

It never ceases to amaze me , how the so-called intelligent come up with an idea that is basically so ill thought out and then not only that but also publicised for the entire world to see just how inane, unreasonable,as well as being so full of their own rhetoric and pettiness , inherently stupid, the Government or its nominees are in the governing of the country.

it beggars beklief that they even think this, no wonder Tourism is going down, maybe the rest of the world should TAG Thai tourists in case they get lost so we we all know who they are

• Like 1