DJI F550 and GoPro Hero 4

MJP

GoPro Hero 4 is out!!!

£360.

4K at 30fps, 1080p at 120fps!

http://shop.gopro.com/EMEA/hero4

camera_product_black.png

Now here's the thing, combine with the DJI F550 Flamewheel kit and Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal . . .

http://www.dji.com/product/flame-wheel-arf

https://store.dji.com/product/f550-naza-m-v2-landing-gear-h3-3d

Convert the F550 with the heavy lift kit and I think we're getting near pro grade here for fairly small money.

DSC07892.JPG

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GoPro Hero 4: 499 US$ and 99 Cents, hell I didn't even knew that they still have 1 cents coins in the US anymore.

Nice bit of kit you set up there MJP, I wonder how difficult those gyro choppers are to fly? It would be a bitch to crash it with all the video/photo kit on-board or it fly out of range and never to been seen again.

I been playing around with cheap remote controlled aeroplanes and it always ended in tears.

• Like 1

GoPro Hero 4: 499 US$ and 99 Cents, hell I didn't even knew that they still have 1 cents coins in the US anymore.

Nice bit of kit you set up there MJP, I wonder how difficult those gyro choppers are to fly? It would be a bitch to crash it with all the video/photo kit on-board or it fly out of range and never to been seen again.

I been playing around with cheap remote controlled aeroplanes and it always ended in tears.

This is a Rabbit trap . . .

6-ply-rabbit-snares-various-set-ups-and-

All we have to do now is wait.

• Like 1

I've been waiting until this version 4, the 1080p at 120 frames per second is incredible.

You can stick this straight on a DJI Phantom Vision 2 with Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal. I reckon you can do the lot now for under a £1000. So you now have 4K at 30 frames per second or 1080p at 120fps that can do aerial, land action and diving.

That's incredible.

Look, yesterday you had me saving up for one of those pixelstick thingies; and now this.

Divorce is a possibility.

• Like 1

Look, yesterday you had me saving up for one of those pixelstick thingies; and now this.

Divorce is a possibility.

Yeah, but this thing you build yourself. Proper hobby with allen keys and soldering and wotnot, loads of frustration and stuff to go wrong.

Attaching it to a plane looks interesting.

With 120 frames per second in 1080p this will be astonishing.

Very tempted with a Phantom Vision with Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal and a GoPro Hero 4.

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2

http://www.eyeflying.com/latest-quadcopter-multi-rotor-products/dji-phantom-2-with-zenmuse-h3-3d-brushless-gimbal.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwqamhBRDeyKKuuYztxwQSJAA1luvGJ6tP0WeD9OrV-iyzotLyVW6C1gBZ-z4JrfzJqSHwtRoCSXHw_wcB

Probably the easiest way.

You've opened up a can of worms here, 1st I was just interested in just the GoPro, now I want a plane, £300 FPV glasses etc...

Already downloaded Microsoft FSX to get practicing.

Next I will want to mount some .22 turrets on it with tracer rounds and fly it by you for getting me into this unhealthy desire for equipment I'm missing out on.biggrin.png

My whole day has been ruined.cheesy.gif

http://www.crashtesthobby.com/

Convert the F550 with the heavy lift kit and I think we're getting near pro grade here for fairly small money

One of my cousins recently bought a second hand £800k+ Eurocopter Colibri . . . and he sucker attaches a GoPro to it's windshield when he's flying it around. Oh man . . . am i gonna p*ss him off now!

Convert the F550 with the heavy lift kit and I think we're getting near pro grade here for fairly small money

One of my cousins recently bought a second hand £800k+ Eurocopter Colibri . . . and he sucker attaches a GoPro to it's windshield when he's flying it around. Oh man . . . am i gonna p*ss him off now!

You know it would be much better if we started a gearhead commune in the jungle somewhere and pooled the equipment into a huge dry cabinet. Each of us could have a chalet with en-suite. Communal eating and jak-jak area.

Here's me doing a party trick in mine whilst eating a Greggs steak and onion pasty.

• Like 1

Wow!

I never realized how small they are, that's impressive considering it's not much bigger than a box of Bryant and May matches.

Damn you MJP, for making us lust for all these gadgets.

Those GoPro's are getting extremely popular, there is a shop in Tukcom Pattaya that are literally filled with them and they also sell this gyro chopper thing.

Yes they are very small and you can buy all sorts of mounts so you can strap it on your body or bike helmet be it motor or push bike.

Here's me doing a party trick in mine whilst eating a Greggs steak and onion pasty.

hey . . . you actually google'd it clap2.gif (the heli, not the pasty . . . Ginsters taste much better inverted btw . . wink.png )

• Like 1

on this new GoPro 4 . . . i reckon i'd go for lesser Silver Edition. That LCD screen would be mighty handy!

Check the spec. 1080p at 120fps is what you need.

Price not massively different.

LCD screen is an optional extra in any case.

on this new GoPro 4 . . . i reckon i'd go for lesser Silver Edition. That LCD screen would be mighty handy!

yeah, i know it's only like £100 more or something . . . but for framing shots & scenes? priceless! the 4k one doesn't have it, as far as i can make out?

yeah, i know it's only like £100 more or something . . . but for framing shots & scenes? priceless! the 4k one doesn't have it, as far as i can make out?

Go for the Hero 4 Black . . .

http://shop.gopro.com/EMEA/compare?category=cameras

and add one of these . . .

http://shop.gopro.com/EMEA/accessories/lcd-touch-bacpac/ALCDB-401.html#/start=1

Edited by MJP
  • Like 2

^^^ If I can attach Hellfire missiles to it then i'm goin for it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGM-114_Hellfire

An earlier post I made about pooch harnesses by GoPro

& a film I wanna do about some soi mutts has made me

hang onto the GPHB3's I have....but....now this?! And I

need a dozen for the film. Drats...

Anybody wanna chip in on a neat film?!

Tail wags & licks included?!