Son of Koh Tao Island Chief denies role In Britons' murder

webfact

Son of Koh Tao Island Chief Denies Role In Britons' Murder
By Khaososd English

14120925241412092704l.jpg
Warot Tuvichian, 22, who police earlier named a primary suspect, said at a press conference on 30 Sept 2014 that he was nowhere near Koh Tao island when David Miller, 24, and Hannah Witheridge, 23, were murdered.

BANGKOK — The son of a powerful local administrator on Koh Tao island initially sought by police has denied any involvement in the murder of two British tourists there two weeks ago.

Warot Tuvichian, 22, said at a press conference today that he was nowhere near Koh Tao island when David Miller, 24, and Hannah Witheridge, 23, were killed on 15 September.

Mr. Warot's lawyer, Attakorn Onart, presented reporters with a still photograph from CCTV footage that showed Mr. Warot at his university and residence in Bangkok on 13-15 September.

Mr. Warot also attended classes during that period of time, Mr. Attakorn said.

"There are university documents that confirmed his class attendance and examination," the lawyer told reporters.

Last week police identified Mr. Warot as a primary suspect, claiming that he fled the island shortly after the bodies of Mr. Miller and Ms. Witheridge were found.

The police later retracted their statement and said Mr. Warot was no longer a suspect because he was in Bangkok when the murder took place.

Mr. Warot's father, Woraphan Tuvichian, who is a village headman on Koh Tao island, was also considered a person of interest by the police. After questioning, the police cleared Mr. Woraphan of a connection to the murder.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1412092524&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-10-01

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I strongly think it's possible that the original DNA samples from the raped and murdered woman have been switched out with samples from people who've never been near that Island and that no suspect will match now.

Why, when trying to protect the guilty, would they be testing against genuine DNA of the victim?

I don't doubt it to be frank. Easy to catch them out on that one though.

This whole investigation has been a comedy of errors from the outset and still it continues. My thoughts are with the parents of these poor innocent souls. One day we will know what happened, unfortunately I dont think that day will be any time soon!

• Like 2

There have been so many twists and turns it's hard to keep up so if I get this post wrong will someone please correct me.

If I recall correctly he was a suspect then surfaced in Bkk saying he could prove he had been there all along and that was enough for the BIB so no DNA test and dropped as a suspect. I would think it was more than enough for the BIB as that's what they wanted to hear.

No chance now of him giving his DNA and even less of him being asked to supply it.

• Like 1

Submit DNA and end the speculation.

Sent from my LG-D858

Im agree. If He is clean and lawyers want to help and clean him for the murder

he can just submit a dna test and no more needed and the police can keep searching

If the kaman son was involved he could have told somebody to do the crime ...it is very easy in Thailand.

So no his DNA in the crime.

• Like 1

sawati post # 26

If the kaman son was involved he could have told somebody to do the crime ...it is very easy in Thailand.

So no his DNA in the crime.

Or truth be known the following scenario will apply.

If the kaman son was involved he will have told somebody to do the time for the crime ...it is very easy in Thailand.

So his son is as innocent as a Vestal Virgin.whistling.gif

• Like 1

Didn't I read somewhere that UK police have samples?

Not verified samples of any suspects' DNA to compare with, nor are they going to get them.

Agreed, but if they have them then they have a bargaining chip if they don't believe justice has been done. As much as the UK economy has suffered it is still a top 10 economy and Thailand is somewhere near 70! Plenty of capacity to "lean" if required.