3 Australian tourists fall from Phuket resort balcony

webfact

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By room photos of the hotel the rail is mid thigh height. If a couple of people were backed against it talking to one in the room it would be easy for one to start to fall back his friend next to him grab him and both start to fall back and the one inside to grab them and the weight of the two pull them all over.

• Like 1

Obviously most of you posters lead a very sheltered and pure life and were not subjected to the school of life's mistakes. I for one have any number of scares related to sporting activities and a few as a result of growing up.

If you mean living a sheltered life means not been an idiot and having common sense, I prefer my sheltered life.

So you are obviously privy to the details behind this incident. Please enlighten us. Idiots, accident, other parties involved, safety issues etc. doesn't matter! Will be a good education for this lot.

I'm the whole thing was stupid and alcohol had something to do with it but isn't it amazing

how many foreigners fall off of balconies?

Why don't they raise the railings to the standards of the western world since those are mainly the ones

frequenting these places. The railings everywhere are just so dangerously low!

And not one of you has ever done something after drinking too much on holiday that you later regretted, have you! They're 24 years old and in Thailand - Christ, i wish was 24 years old again!

Bet you don't wish you were the one on the respirator!

Anyone have a pic of how high the rail is?

The resort website? Although it doens't say what room type they had.

http://www.phuketgraceland.com/room-type/dlp/gw-dlp1.jpg

http://www.phuketgraceland.com/room-type/fam1/gw-fam1-5.jpg

The railings look pretty open and low.

The Thai standard chair height (to seat top) is 45 cm. That seems to be the height of the table. From that scale, and projecting from the left table leg to the left column, I'd put the railing height at about 80 cm. The standard is 80-90 cm, depending on the exterior drop. But how all three managed to fall at the same time beats me, unless they were sitting on the rail.

And not one of you has ever done something after drinking too much on holiday that you later regretted, have you! They're 24 years old and in Thailand - Christ, i wish was 24 years old again!

Bet you don't wish you were the one on the respirator!

I can't understand that,he fell on his head,shouldn't be serious at all

Imbeciles ! New Australian sport: Proximity jumping without wing suit thumbsup.gif

No. But, possibly, they were trying out for Australia's synchronized diving team.

(or maybe the athletics team. but they got the wrong idea about the triple jump event).

Sorry, boys - I hope you all make a speedy recovery.

I, for one, am in no position to criticize you. I have done much, much worse things.

Seems a bit strange all three go over sounds like the whole balcony collapsed and kids only 24 years old same age as a Thai teenager so lucky it was not more serious wish them all a speedy recovery and next time stay away from balconies or make sure they are high railings and a very big strong base.

The Thai standard chair height (to seat top) is 45 cm. That seems to be the height of the table. From that scale, and projecting from the left table leg to the left column, I'd put the railing height at about 80 cm. The standard is 80-90 cm, depending on the exterior drop. But how all three managed to fall at the same time beats me, unless they were sitting on the rail.

all three sitting on the rail sounds right, singing ''who wants to live forever''

• Like 2

..............Three Australians had to be rushed to hospital in Patong last night (September 30) after horseplay on the balcony of their hotel room turned into horror...................

What were they doing playing with a horse on the balcony?

No, they must have been in a theater.

Oh no they weren't......................

..............Three Australians had to be rushed to hospital in Patong last night (September 30) after horseplay on the balcony of their hotel room turned into horror...................

What were they doing playing with a horse on the balcony?

A good question but perhaps they didn't want it dropping sh1t in the room.

At the end of the day they would've been better of with some 'whores' on the balcony.

..............Three Australians had to be rushed to hospital in Patong last night (September 30) after whoresplay on the balcony of their hotel room turned into horror...................

Someone said about height of balcony or step railings in Thailand......clap2.gif

Yes , It is because they build they country for them self's and own body height (much smaller)...... not for us giggle.gifgiggle.gif

For drunken idiots there is not a limit or height to stop them.... but gravity can do it for some time .

I just wander if they will try it again if they survive because I guess for some it is not enough....

We should blame...( maybe) their parents taking to much care this days about growing kids hysterically and not letting them to taste a pain of falling to the ground from own height..

then we can see a result....cheesy.gif

I think they will remember that ground is to hard drop from 3 level (they should try 1 level ...first )....................................coffee1.gif

If they was sitting on the rail (it's high probability ) If they smoked stronger stuff then it is result of misjudging distance to swimming poolcheesy.gif

Simply one start falling and grabbed another .....biggrin.png maybe they started to have a vision of swimming pool below ....who knows how alcohol works on some idiots...without imagination or respect for gravity......

coffee1.gif

Edited by gigman

Must be that time of year again.

What is it with Aussies and falling from hotels.

Seem's to happen every year

Nothing surprised me up to the moment in..behavior of young Aussie's in Thailand compare what I have experienced in Bali .....giggle.gif

coffee1.gif

Very low balcony rails here. Much lower than in other countries so much easier to fall or trip over.

I read this a lot on these balcony falls threads harry, do you know this as fact and what is the

average height of balcony rails in Thailand and what is the average heights of balcony rails in

the rest of the worlds hotels?? Anybody know the answer to these questions? You appear to

be claiming that you do harry???? wai.gifthumbsup.gif