Rental In Chang Phuak Area - Comments ?

footfall

Rental in Chang Phuak Area

Have been looking at some rental properties in the area off Huay Kaew Road, behind Central Department Store/Kad Suan Kaew, near the YMCA and Swedish Consul. I believe the area is called Chang Phuak.

Is there anything in particular I might need to be aware of before signing a lease ?

Of course there is some traffic and noise associated with the nearby main roads and businesses.

Is the area prone to flooding ? How about security ?

Also, where would the nearest fresh market be ? Any parks/green area in the general vicinity ?

Your comments are appreciated.

Edited by footfall

Rental in Chang Phuak Area

Have been looking at some rental properties in the area off Huay Kaew Road, behind Central Department Store/Kad Suan Kaew, near the YMCA and Swedish Consul. I believe the area is called Chang Phuak.

Is there anything in particular I might need to be aware of before signing a lease ?

Of course there is some traffic and noise associated with the nearby main roads and businesses.

Is the area prone to flooding ? How about security ?

Also, where would the nearest fresh market be ? Any parks/green area in the general vicinity ?

Your comments are appreciated.

Agree that Thanin market is good. The best I've found in Chiang Mai. The Chang Puak branch of the Rimping Supermarket is also nearby. I shop at both frequently.

Low lying areas are always prone to flooding, but I don't think the district in general is a problem area.

Chiang Mai is not well served by parks. For greenery, I suggest you either go up Doi Suthep, into Chiang Mai University's grounds or along the Canal Road toward Mae Rim, several green picnic type areas along that road.

Hi I have lived on Huaykaew for over 1 year now and find it good. No real flooding to speak of just some deep puddles when it rains. Easy to get to the city if you do not have transport and lots of good places to eat. If I want to go to a park generally go to the lake on the way to mae rim to relax.

As for markets I tend to shop at the Thai markets Gaht Luang (flower market) right when you reah the US consulate and Muang Mi (spelling) which is left when you reach the US consulate.

Last year the flooding reached knee high water on a couple of Sois next to Central department store but receded quickly. There is a nice park and waterfall off of Huay Kaew close to the zoo. There are food stalls at the entrance and you can buy a picnic lunch and swim in the river under the falls. It’s never crowded.