Requirements to open Thai bank account.

For me I needed WP and Imm B Visa.

In saying that there are people who have opened accounts on just a tourist visa. I hear the Green Bank is easiest for this.. but you will have to try around.

For me I needed WP and Imm B Visa.

In saying that there are people who have opened accounts on just a tourist visa. I hear the Green Bank is easiest for this.. but you will have to try around.

I opened one even without tourist visa....

Damn its hard to get a straight answer. I mean sheesh...green bank...black bank... blue bank... Its Kasikorn Bank.

I asked specifically.. "Is there a bank called Green Bank", to which you answered 'Yes'

You asked if Kasikorn bank was the green bank, I answered yes, what can be complicated or unclear about that!

It is pretty much understood by any expat/visitor in Thailand that the "green bank" is Kasikorn Bank, it's the only bank in Thailand where all the branches are colored green, the staff wear green uniforms and all their advertising is in green, it's impossible to miss the "green" connection.

And there is also a bank called "the green bank", it's in Texas.

http://www.greenbank.com/home

Edited by chiang mai

Yesterday I tried to open a new bank account but was rejected at every bank as I do not have a work permit.

Go to the Bangkok Bank web site and print off the details of what they require to open an account and take that into any branch of Bangkok Bank, job done.

Yesterday I tried to open a new bank account but was rejected at every bank as I do not have a work permit.

in which city and which banks?

Pattaya - Kasikorn Bank & Siam Commercial Bank in Tesco Lotus at Pattaya Nua - Kasikorn Bank at Longpoo

in which city and which banks?

Pattaya - Kasikorn Bank & Siam Commercial Bank in Tesco Lotus at Pattaya Nua - Kasikorn Bank at Longpoo

Try the branches at Royal Garden or Central Festival

Thank goodness, another question about opening a bank account, it must have been 2 or 3 days since someone asked.

There are only dozens of topics asking the same or similar questions, there is even a Pinned Topic. In general, the advice is and has been the same, if refused, simply go to another location. Generally, Kasikorn(Green Bank for some I guess) has a good reputation for being helpful. I have had good service with Bangkok Bank in Bangkok, their ATM card works fine everywhere. I think most bank managers and employees don't want to get in trouble for making a mistake, it's just easier to say no.

Edited by beechguy

Thank goodness, another question about opening a bank account, it must have been 2 or 3 days since someone asked.

a day without anybody asking

-how do i establish a bank account?

-what is the cheapest way to transfer money from <insert country> to Thailand?

-why are Thai banks racist and charge ATM fees?

-where do i get top quality <insert product> but must be dàmn cheap?

is a boring day whistling.gif

• Like 1