Positive/lucky/then Funny Experience W/police

calibanjr.

Flew in from BKK 930 pm-ish on 7/6 (as we know, middle of World Cup gambling madness), rode my scooter over to my warehouse/office to feed my dog, a 5 minute enterprise. It being late and dark on a quiet familiar street, (and me being jaw-droppingly obtuse), I left the key in the motorbike, did the business and emerged quickly to, you guessed it an empty street.

TGF reports it immediately, O.K. At this point, I'm basically out a bike (replacement maybe 22k or so), so not a death-blow, but still a pain. I had absolutely no confidence that we'd see a whiff of that bike again. Anyway police come by on 7/17, say they've got the bike at the Handong station, need 4k to "process and deliver it" or somesuch. GF says SOP, as I've heard before. Godai, here. Get the bike back fine, no damage. Ever so grateful/lucky/amazed.

Kicker is, GF tells me later that the boys in brown's super-sleuthing consisted of finding it left at the front door of the station on 7/9, then deciding a couple of days later to look up the info at contact us!

So, idiot owner, less than enthusiastic thief, lazy but finally (somewhat)competent police, a little luck, and the comedy rolls on!