Limberger Cheese

isawapuddytat

Looking for some limberger cheese(usa name)....Different name??german, french,dutch,etc

Chiangmai area

Never heard of LimbErger cheese, but then again you never know what Americans can do to decent food. :o

Do know Limburger, a smelly cheese from the Limburg area, covering essentially 3 countries Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands. The cheese is mainly produced in the Belgian Limburg area.

It is a cheese that really doesn't like to be transported and so therefore I doubt you will find it here in Thailand. It is also not that attractive to the newby cheese eater as it has a rather strong smell, but a very soft velvet taste.

Extremely pungent and an acquired taste, but a smooth cheese none the less, and I have purchased it in the past from Rimping Chotana. Didn't notice if there was any there yesterday, as I dived straight for the new Stilton :o

Wow - was it any good?

Did you have some port to wash it down with?

Please can I come and help eat it next time? :o

In order..........YES NO & NO

It was a brilliant cheese, and I didn't have any port left after the bastards that burgled my house also nicked four bottles of imported vintage port!! If you bring your own port you are welcome :D

Monty Python's Flying Circus -

"Cheese Shop"

[ from Monty Python's Flying Circus, third season, first shown 30.11.1972 ]

The Players:

John Cleese - Mousebender;

Michael Palin - Wensleydale;

The Scene:

An Edwardian-style shop which carries the signs:

'Ye Olde Cheese Emporium';

'Henry Wensleydale, Purveyor of Fine Cheese to the Gentry and the Poverty Stricken Too';

'Licensed for Public Dancing';

Two men dressed as city gents are Greek dancing in the corner to the music of a bouzouki.

Mousebender enters.

The rest continues here....cheese shop

:o