Immigration at Suvarnaphumi refused to give visa on arrival

There is a solution! Never ever come again to Thailand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its not that beautyfull anymore, its underminded by corruption everywhere, foreigners are not welcome, its not cheap and much much more!

So there is no reason why go to visit Thailand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lesson: Never ask superfluous questions @immigration

Corrupt officials shaking down foreigners for extra spending money...is so routine...many people just consider it part of the normal business practices of this fine country...This is Thailand...

I would say not routine been coming here since 1970 never been asked for money, well just my gik

There is a solution! Never ever come again to Thailand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its not that beautyfull anymore, its underminded by corruption everywhere, foreigners are not welcome, its not cheap and much much more!

So there is no reason why go to visit Thailand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good ideal I'll hold the door and after you leave I will close and lock it

• Like 1

"They"can and do what they like to you whether immigration,medical,hospitals,entrance fees,Taxis,guest house owners,landlords it's a way of life in Thailand,oh I forgot the jet skis,and don't have an accident!!!!!

""They"can and do what they like to you whether immigration,medical,hospitals,entrance fees,Taxis,guest house owners,landlords it's a way of life in Thailand..."

Yes, it's only in Thailand that immigrations officers have discretion and hospitals and all the rest can screw over clueless tourists or illegal aliens.

I sometimes wonder if farang who come to Thailand lived their entire lives in some sort of protective bubble. Corruption by government employees, taxi drivers taking advantage of the clueless, gouging landlords, hospitals demanding pay up front from the uninsured, etc. exist everywhere including the much vaunted first world capitalist driven economies.

Not excusing it, but a little perspective is needed. "... a way of life in Thailand ..." makes it sound, once again, that everything bad in the world only exists in Thailand.

On the other hand we have farang who come here, refuse to abide by the rules or can't be bothered (or capable of) understanding them, who don't buy insurance, who come here to beg and then who party off the proceeds, who leave valuable things in taxis, who get drunk & push one another off balconies ... and all of this, we hear, is always to be blamed on Thais and Thailand.

Maybe some countries need to impose some restrictions on issuing passports. Obviously some people need minders to look after them 24/7.

In another thread a farang with no insurance faces a Baht 300,000 operation for a long-standing pre-existing condition. Now he wants to start insurance coverage. Maybe pay a Baht 20,000 premium and immediately have the company pay a hospital Baht 300,000. The nanny state mentality and sense of entitlement that many farang bring with them in truly mind-boggling.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2

"They"can and do what they like to you whether immigration,medical,hospitals,entrance fees,Taxis,guest house owners,landlords it's a way of life in Thailand,oh I forgot the jet skis,and don't have an accident!!!!!

<snip>

In another thread a farang with no insurance faces a Baht 300,000 operation for a long-standing pre-existing condition. Now he wants to start insurance coverage. Maybe pay a Baht 20,000 premium and immediately have the company pay a hospital Baht 300,000. The nanny state mentality and sense of entitlement that many farang bring with them in truly mind-boggling.

Not correct. He has said he will use his insurance for which he has paid social premiums.

For the rest, yes, agree with you.

20,000 is the overstay fine maximum.

20,000 is also the daily ATM withdrawal limit. If they ever increase the withdrawal limit...my guess is that the greedy buggers will increase the maximum overstay fine also.

20,000 is also the daily ATM withdrawal limit. If they ever increase the withdrawal limit...my guess is that the greedy buggers will increase the maximum overstay fine also.

Limits depend on banks, account types, etc.

Most ATM's though will give 20 notes per transaction, but also there 'most'.

No it isn't. It is usually the most you can withdraw from an ATM per transaction. My daily limit is set by me at my bank.

Maybe I should have said "Usually, generally speaking, on average" 20,000 is the limit. blink.png

If you would have said 'from the ATM' and left out 'daily' that would have been correct.

Edited by stevenl

Maybe I should have said "Usually, generally speaking, on average" 20,000 is the limit. blink.png

My daily limit is 3 times that. The ATM limits per transaction.

Having a child would give him the possibility to file for a 60 day extension, than go to Laos to get a Non O.

Airport has certain procedure and I believe IO has "more power" than airline.

If refused he would pay for his ticket back to Japan, not believe that Airline is responsible, you are "refused entry", basicly being send to a "holding Room" with no right to move freely in the Airport.

I'm pretty sure the airline is on the hook for flying you back at their expense.

About 10 years ago American Airlines in Orlando didn't want to give me a boarding pass, as I didn't have a return ticket nor onward travel ticket, nor official Thailand visa.

They told me they'd have to fly me back at their expense if immigration refused me entry.

I talked them into letting me board, as I had many, many Asian country stamps in my passport & told them (truthfully) I was the Asia rep for my company & traveled a lot. I also had about 30 each, 30 day Thailand visa waiver/whatever-you-call-it stamps in my passport.

Before you start following the advice to go to court and fight your situation, keep in mind that you are not in Thailand legally until you are admitted into the country. Therefore the laws of Thailand do not apply to your status until it changes to "admitted". Most countries refusing entry have unlimited authority to do almost anything they want as you are not protected by the laws of that country until you are "admitted".

Do you really think that if you were in court and you were able to apply the law of Thailand to your situation that you would not be accused of bribing the official to gain entry as the facts you related seem to suggest that occurred. This is a classic case of "he said she said" so I doubt you would prevail when counter allegations are alleged against you.

• Like 1

you have 2 sons in Thailand? and you pay for a 30 day stamp? stupid, hard to believe, nobody can stop you from entering the country,

only if you comite a crime and this they have to show with evidence, you even can stay for 3 month with a 2 month extension, I can not believe anybody would pay 20000 baht for entering thailand

How long do you stay in Thailand per year? Do you come in and out on the same day or after a few days?

I would complain to the Japanese embassy and possibly a media outlet in Japan. But, they would probably want to take a photo etc and reveal your identity, which could flag you at immigration.

Having to pay bribes to enter a country is 3rd world thinking.