Hot Date in Songkhla ...

rajyindee

OP, are you looking for a hot date or some good food (nosh)?

Being a foreigner I do not understand English idiomatic expressions.

Now.....for food, plenty of restaurants around.

For a hot date, why should you bother getting dressed, going out, spending money..... just stay indoors and use your hands.

It will be the same outcome.

• Like 1

"Now.....for food, plenty of restaurants around." I was hoping someone would come up with a few suggestions. Thai or international will do fine ... both, if you're feeling generous. wai.gifwai2.gif

For a hot date, why should you bother getting dressed, going out, spending money..... just stay indoors and use your hands.

Two things I don't do at home - laundry and cook food. In both cases, I'm more than happy to support the Thai economy.

Edited by rajyindee

"Now.....for food, plenty of restaurants around." I was hoping someone would come up with a few suggestions. Thai or international will do fine ... both, if you're feeling generous. wai.gifwai2.gif

Two things I don't do at home - laundry and cook food. In both cases, I'm more than happy to support the Thai economy.

The quote was talking about the date, not food or laundry.

The seafood restaurants on samila beach, excellent, best tom yum goong I ever had, songhkla has the biggest lake in thailand, feeds into the gulf, goong daam, black prawns are farmed here,as for the romantic side, try what the local expsts call the 'dark side', if it's still happening, english guy had the 'office' bar, mine of information.that should get you started.

regards songhklasid.coffee1.gif

The seafood restaurants on samila beach, excellent, best tom yum goong I ever had,

Any restaurant in particular.?

songhkla has the biggest lake in thailand, feeds into the gulf, goong daam, black prawns are farmed here,as for the romantic side, try what the local expsts call the 'dark side', if it's still happening, english guy had the 'office' bar, mine of information.that should get you started.

regards songhklasid.coffee1.gif

What's the Dark Side? A Club? Restaurant? I looked up The Office Bar on Google ... didn't appear to be anything very romantic about it - just some rather large guys scoffing pies and burgers. sad.png

Edited by rajyindee

The quote was talking about the date, not food or laundry.

Any suggestions where to go, Brian? thumbsup.gif

No, sorry, haven't been to Songkla for a few years, except just passing through. The Songkla bird sanctuary was pretty good, but you can't eat them, just look. laugh.png

Down on the Riverside near where the car ferry comes in....good western and Thai food.

Down on the Riverside near where the car ferry comes in....good western and Thai food.

Does it have a name? I seem to recall a local politico being slotted down that way several years ago. Is it the same place?

Could be....cant remember the name sorry. But the food there i experienced was good last time i went....

The place the other poster is talking about with the frangipani Trees, is called "Sea Sport"...used to be great....now it's crap and they have two pricing menus, one for thais and one for foreigners....The foreigner Menu can be VERY expensive....Give it a miss.

If I were in a romantic mood I would head to the restaurants over the lake, But they are closer to the hat yai side of the lake .. Google ko seng seafood songkhla, there are 6 restaurants in a row, cafe 56 seems the best.

The restaurants that overlook the bridge on ko yor aren't too bad but a little pricey ( catering for the Malay weekend trade )

There are also some nice seafood places all over the island some are bit hit and miss but good to take a ride past and see what the lady thinks.

If I were in a romantic mood I would head to the restaurants over the lake, But they are closer to the hat yai side of the lake .. Google ko seng seafood songkhla, there are 6 restaurants in a row, cafe 56 seems the best.

I was after Songkhla City. I've got my favourite Hat Yai restaurants pretty well sussed. Thanks anyway. Anywhere in Songkhla City do a good steak?

Edited by rajyindee

The place the other poster is talking about with the frangipani Trees, is called "Sea Sport"...used to be great....now it's crap and they have two pricing menus, one for thais and one for foreigners....The foreigner Menu can be VERY expensive....Give it a miss.

We were there most recently in July, it has a Thai name as far as I recall (though it may translate as "Sea Sport"), the food was good, service was good, and I paid about THB1,500 for five of us. That was for six dishes including a whole steamed fish plus drinks.

We were there most recently in July, it has a Thai name as far as I recall (though it may translate as "Sea Sport"), the food was good, service was good, and I paid about THB1,500 for five of us. That was for six dishes including a whole steamed fish plus drinks.

Thats good to hear....sounds like the place has come back to the good old days....

I will start going there again if so, as i loved the food there in the past. Went there last Xmas, absolutely was a disappointment then...

Thats good to hear....sounds like the place has come back to the good old days....

I will start going there again if so, as i loved the food there in the past. Went there last Xmas, absolutely was a disappointment then...

Of course you were disappointed if you went there expecting roast lamb, xmas pud with sixpences in it, and a schooner of Tooheys Old. wink.png

• Like 2

Of course you were disappointed if you went there expecting roast lamb, xmas pud with sixpences in it, and a schooner of Tooheys Old. wink.png

Do you realize you NEARLY made me homesick?smile.png

• Like 1

Does it have a name? I seem to recall a local politico being slotted down that way several years ago. Is it the same place?

Could be....cant remember the name sorry. But the food there i experienced was good last time i went....

Hasn't the Sea Sport in HY opened under another name? Or is that further along? Went in to check the menu of the recently re-opened place on the corner near Dental Land and the were asking for 220 Baht ++ for a bowl of vegetable soup with minced pork, same for a bowl of green curry. We declined to return.

So this was your choice for your hot date ?

I think the only place in comparison for price, and somewhere i would only visit once would be the place with the boat bow coming out of the roof, around the corner and down the road from kiss channel.

So this was your choice for your hot date ?

I think the only place in comparison for price, and somewhere i would only visit once would be the place with the boat bow coming out of the roof, around the corner and down the road from kiss channel.

No - as per the OP, my hot date is in Mueang Songkhla. Got to decide quickly so I can tie it in with the footy when it resumes on Wednesday. I have Hat Yai restaurants pretty well sussed. wai2.gif

For Western food try Buzz Stop on Chaiya Road......English grub plus Guinness on draught.

Some decent Thai seafood restaurants on Samila beach (as mentioned) and Dr. Cool Beach Restaurant on Chalatat road,overlooking the beach,has live music and decent Thai food.

Dr Cool's isn't bad, I've enjoyed a few evenings there, though it's a couple of years since I last tried the place.

The Thai food at the restaurant in the Rajamangala Hotel nearby can be very good too, but the food & service can be very hit or miss.

Edited by Stocky