Australian found dead in Chiang Mai hotel

Lite Beer

Australian found dead in Chiang Mai hotel
The Sunday Nation

CHIANG MAI: -- An Australian man was found dead in a cheap hotel in Chiang Mai yesterday in what appears to be a suicide.

Police have identified him as David Phillips Crooks, 59. It is believed he hung himself.

Hotel staff alerted police after discovering his body.

Police believe Crooks might have killed himself after losing his job at a famous private school. They found the termination document inside the room.

Hotel staff said they last saw Crooks on Wednesday.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Australian-found-dead-in-Chiang-Mai-hotel-30244784.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-10-05

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seen it happened twice in our building where foreigners are so destitute and desperate

to off them selves over paltry money problems specially in the days where you can get help

from government bodies and NGO groups, salvation army, help lines and support groups..

I can't understand it....

• Like 2

So sad. Reminds me of the one the other year. He was a retired army guy who moved here and was swindled out of his life savings by one of those fake call centers. Ended up taking his life when he should have been taking a different bar girl every night and enjoying his retirement.

• Like 2

Seriously someone would hang themselves over loosing a job??

Another sad Thai ending.

Got to be more to it than just losing a job.

My money is on his lovely teeruk left him also in the process. No money, no honey, however regardless, neither losing a job or/and a GF is worth losing your life over, not even close.

RIP

Edited by Straight8

I been there still there very lonely place but I still smile and carry on meet another Farang the other night he is there we had a good talk but so many people do not understand this sickness R I P Cobber hope you find Salvation

• Like 2

So sad. Reminds me of the one the other year. He was a retired army guy who moved here and was swindled out of his life savings by one of those fake call centers. Ended up taking his life when he should have been taking a different bar girl every night and enjoying his retirement.

In case you don't know it not all want to go down that immoral path in retirement.

• Like 2

Another sad Thai ending.

My money is on his lovely teeruk left him also in the process. No money, no honey, however regardless, neither losing a job or/and a GF is worth losing your life over, not even close.

RIP

At age 60 in Thailand, you are finished as a teacher.

What was he gonna do?

• Like 2

Another sad Thai ending.

RIP

At age 60 in Thailand, you are finished as a teacher.

What was he gonna do?

Maybe trying something new? i know how difficult it would have been to go back. Pretty much difficult to start over again, when 60 and living here for quite a long time.