The GoPro Camera Thread

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These things are scary really, do airports have RCF signal jammers?

I think it's time the inventors invent a RCF auto hijack and evade system to be installed on all commercial aircraft.

RW....I reckon, in light of the 9-11 attacks, that many installations have many means to deny

drones any chance of being used as a weapon. We just don't read about them anywhere and

rightly so. Take a large hobby drone with some speed capability, long range & lifting ability of

say a couple kilos; and they're available now to the general public..Have some terrorist get one

and attach a couple kilos of semtex....don't really need to approach and aircraft on takeoff

climb or landing....how about refueling on the ground or pax embarkation/disembarkation.

That would be quite nasty. So I'm sure the "authorities" have the means in place already

to deny any drone approach and also to take out said drone and locate the pilot of said drone.

If that scenario ever plays out, hopefullu it never does, governments will simply ban drones

over a certain size, enforce severe penalties and or...as most likely is already insitu...a record

of every drone owners particulars in some computer...somewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

^^^ M....That's really neat! Hmmmm...I just have to figure out how to attach this

to GP's Pooch Harnesses....but that can wait till we rtn fr Burma. Neat tip matey...thumbsup.gif

They's not cheap. At least a couple of hundred quid.

I'm surprised GoPro don't bring out these sort of accessories. GoPro drone, gimbals, deep dive housings . . .

I know the bloke's a gazillionaire but it would be make sense to offer this stuff to form a complete movie making package from deep under water to a thousand feet in the sky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_P69RGeLrM

Two Vids for the 1st week in November.

First one is set in Japan shot on the GPH4 in 4K....watch it in 4K if U can...or at least HD @ 720.

Second one is is set in the French Alps....normal GPH3...brilliant video!

https://gopro.com/channel/video-of-the-day/cloud-safari-hike-and-fly?ExactTarget=true&utm_campaign=20141106_vow_streets-of-japan-in-4k_row&utm_content=video-of-the-day_img&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_term=

• 2 weeks later...

RW...yeah it is a good video about the "car culture" in Japan. That Lambo must have cost him

much more than an arm & a leg! Freaking Amazing...

Here's another GP4K video about something close to my heart...Wild Mustangs.

A very long time ago when I was a kid we visited a friend of my fathers up in

Montana and I saw about 50+ wild horses running free. It was a sight I will never

forget. I saw a small herd of wild horses running free in Inner Mongolia back in

the 80's while filming there...another unforgettable sight. There is just something

about horses running free that gets me right where the good stuff should get anybody;

smack in the centre of the emotion generator!

Without further babble from me....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

not one personal goo poo video, just links to other people doing stuff facepalm.gif and why the one brand? lots of others, are they sponsoring someone?

i dont own one but do have a virb + 810

a snapshot from a vid and in thailand no less, check the grade! hence the speed or lack there ofblink.png

post-80695-0-40700400-1422886121_thumb.j

^^ ^ Kaorop... This thread is not limited to GoPro Camera stuff only. Perhaps I should have

clarified this in the beginning since there are comparable cameras out there in the world.

However it is limited to cameras of the same type.

Neat frame grab from your camera...any vdo or link to it? You can post it here ya know.

• 4 weeks later...

Seems as though drones are being banned in LOS and in many places globally

unless the drones owner gets a license.

Anyway...A guy, A garden recliner, some baloons, some GoPro's & a shotgun.

What could possibly go wrong....

The plastic thingy that snap closes the casing for the GoPro broke , it is easy to remove and replace , yet I could not find the replacement part and I had to buy the whole new housing .

Don't GoPro do small spares ?

Can't figure out how to add a link to YouTube

Minus the spaces

[media ] pasteyoutubeadresshere [/media]

Thanks rhythmworx - after all the failed attempts to post this will be an anti-climax - but here it is .... GoPro Hero 2 on a selfie-stick 2X slow motion:

Take an otherworldly journey through Hang Son Doong, the world's largest cave, by both ground and air.

Filmed near the entrance and the first and second dolines (skylights) which are 2.5 and 3.5 km inside the cave respectively.

Gear
Canon 6D
Canon 16-35mm f4
DJI Phantom 2
GoPro Hero 4 Black

ryandeboodt.com
Find me on Instgram - instagram.com/rdeboodt
Find me on Facebook - facebook.com/RyanDeboodtPhotography
For licensing/usage please email - [email protected]

Music: A Glow - Dan Phillipson

Permissions and logistics arranged by Oxalis Adventure

Archived