British Resident suffers broken arm over 40 baht parking fee in Central Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to thai prison Mr parking attendant ....

Firstly, obviously Burmese are the perps.

Secondly the blokes arm is broken and police stand there whilst the guy is screaming in agony.

Priceless shot ! What does it take to get help in this country ?

• Like 1

there are opportunists around every corner trying to take advantage of collecting a parking fee on public roads. This is also very common in sukhumvit - Bangkok, especially in areas were there are bars and clubs. In Sukhumvit area, they are usually around Thonglor and Ekamai, even most Thais pay up.

• Like 1

sad.png If a thai asks for money, always give it up or this will happen to you. About $1. US and you could actually get killed. This confrontation happened to me also on Soi 8 while trying to buy a Subway sandwich. The guy demanded B20 for a motorbike. Pattaya is getting real vicious nowadays.

British Man Assaulted By Thai Man Pattaya

48.jpg
PATTAYA– October 5, 2014 [Pattaya Daily News]; at 02.30 am Pol.Lt.Yom Promsart-investigation inspector of Pattaya police station- was notified that a foreigner had been attacked by a man in Soi Buakaw road, Central Pattaya. After notification the police officers were accompanied with the Sawang Borriboon rescue team who rushed to the scene.

At the scene some local people had captured Mr.Todsapol Tapprasit aged 19 who had attacked the foreigner with an 80 cm long piece of wood. Mr.John Hayward aged 70 from England had suffered wounds to his left arm therefore the officers performed first aid on him before sending him to the Pattaya Memorial hospital. Plus a Chevrolet car at the scene had also been damaged in the attack.

Upon questioning Mr.Todsapol he claimed that he was the employee who took care and collected the 40 baht parking fees. Before the incident the British man had parked his car and later returned, he then asked him for the parking fee but the British man ignored him got into his car and started to drive away which made him angry so he kicked the car and attacked the driver with a piece of wood before trying to flee the scene. He was quickly caught by some local people.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/british-man-assaulted-thai-man-pattaya/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-10-06

• Like 1

Serves him right. He parked, he pays, end of story.

You sir are a muppet. When you're this guys age and someone spanks you with a weapon then maybe you will think differently. There is and never will be justification for violence and especially no for a stupidly small amount.

Its Brits like him that give other tourists a bad name. No wonder the Thais are pissed off with foreigners in their country. 40 baht to a parking attendant is a meal for him.

All this strong arm and bullying act wouldn't have happened if they knew there will be

consequences to face and pay, as such, right now, there are almost none..

they simply look around them and see the mayhem that reign supreme in Pattaya

and every one is some kind of a mafia person doing what ever they pleased....

You are exactly right.

The wild wild west is PATTAYA today. The only difference is THEY have weapons and WE don't. Its never a fair fight here.

Everyone is a Mafia Teflon Don.

• Like 1

hats of the the local resedence nice to see thai people help farang

this a direct result of young lowlifes like this thinking they can do what the f--- they like with no coniquence

well done and nice to hear police actually help and not ask for money

British Man Assaulted By Thai Man Pattaya

48.jpg
PATTAYA– October 5, 2014 [Pattaya Daily News]; at 02.30 am Pol.Lt.Yom Promsart-investigation inspector of Pattaya police station- was notified that a foreigner had been attacked by a man in Soi Buakaw road, Central Pattaya. After notification the police officers were accompanied with the Sawang Borriboon rescue team who rushed to the scene.

At the scene some local people had captured Mr.Todsapol Tapprasit aged 19 who had attacked the foreigner with an 80 cm long piece of wood. Mr.John Hayward aged 70 from England had suffered wounds to his left arm therefore the officers performed first aid on him before sending him to the Pattaya Memorial hospital. Plus a Chevrolet car at the scene had also been damaged in the attack.

Upon questioning Mr.Todsapol he claimed that he was the employee who took care and collected the 40 baht parking fees. Before the incident the British man had parked his car and later returned, he then asked him for the parking fee but the British man ignored him got into his car and started to drive away which made him angry so he kicked the car and attacked the driver with a piece of wood before trying to flee the scene. He was quickly caught by some local people.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/british-man-assaulted-thai-man-pattaya/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-10-06

• Like 1

At the end of the day, it comes down to this...

if you want to draw the line for 40 THB, be a bad ass and square off with someone at 2;30 AM ... the general idea is one of you is supposed to leave in a lot worse shape than when it started.

I looked at the picture of this "chap" and the one thought that did not come to mind was "bad ass."

In the words of Clint Eastwood, "A man has got to know his limitations..."

Street fight, Brit loses, cries like a baby ... which only makes him less "bad ass"

Move on folks ... nothing to see here.

Welcome to thai prison Mr parking attendant ....

Firstly, obviously Burmese are the perps.

Secondly the blokes arm is broken and police stand there whilst the guy is screaming in agony.

Priceless shot ! What does it take to get help in this country ?

So, are you sure the parking guy is not Burmese? Even Big C hires out

At the end of the day, it comes down to this...

if you want to draw the line for 40 THB, be a bad ass and square off with someone at 2;30 AM ... the general idea is one of you is supposed to leave in a lot worse shape than when it started.

I looked at the picture of this "chap" and the one thought that did not come to mind was "bad ass."

In the words of Clint Eastwood, "A man has got to know his limitations..."

Street fight, Brit loses, cries like a baby ... which only makes him less "bad ass"

Move on folks ... nothing to see here.

Another case of 'Brit bashing?' Not necessary old boy. (I am from USA, BTW)

• Like 1

A number of posts were removed already for crude language. Please show restraint and note this forum rule..

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

Additionally a post quoting a deleted post was removed and a flame post or two

The attendant should have clarified the fee before he parked so he had the option of paying or parking else where, plus who pays for parking at 2.30 am when dashing into shop for 6 pack and condoms.

6 pack of condoms? At seventy? If he was going use them he would have had the strength to fill this young thug in.coffee1.gif

how convienent that a piece of wood was nearby.and look at the smirk on the coppers face as he squeezes his arm.

You've obviously never been to Thailand meatboy, or you would know that the man is a rescue (first aid supplier) officer.

Know your uniforms before you make stupid comments next time.......

Where would Thai Visa be without stupid comments!!

• Like 2

I believe the old fart should have just paid the 40 baht. Talk about cheap Charlie. He should have never illegally parked or gotten out of his car. Not smart to challenge a younger man.

I'd imagine, from the Parking Attendant's POV, if you own a car in Thailand, you can afford a 40 baht parking fee where parking is no easy to come by.

I wouldn't dare try this in the US,...steal a parking spot for a few minutes while going into a downtown grocery. I'd get tasered, thrown in jail, and have my car impounded.

how convienent that a piece of wood was nearby.and look at the smirk on the coppers face as he squeezes his arm.

You've obviously never been to Thailand meatboy, or you would know that the man is a rescue (first aid supplier) officer.

Know your uniforms before you make stupid comments next time.......

only 31yrs boyo.never seen a first aid supplier with a helmet on.

first aid my arse is that how to test to see if his arm is broken.or is he taking his pulse.

as for stupid you dont know the meaning of the word.

• Like 1

I believe the old fart should have just paid the 40 baht. Talk about cheap Charlie. He should have never illegally parked or gotten out of his car. Not smart to challenge a younger man.

I believe there should be a mandatory IQ text applied prior to being allowed to post on this forum. Then we wouldn't have to read posting like this one!.

Oh how boring the forum would be without them.

thumbsup.gif

Kinda makes me feel sane.....tongue.png

>> Mr.John Hayward aged 70 from England had suffered wounds to his left arm therefore the officers performed first aid on him before sending him to the Pattaya Memorial hospital<<

Thought so .His arm did not look broken to me .