Two Indian tourists drown in Krabi

webfact

Two Indian tourists drown in Krabi

BANGKOK: -- Two Indian tourists drowned in the Aor Nang bay in Krabi Sunday evening after they hired a long-tail boat to ferry them from Railey Beach to the Aor Nang beach amid heavy rains and rough sea, police said.

The boat capsized about 100 metres from the Aor Nang beach. Rescuers spent about an hour to spot and retrieve bodies from the seabed.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Two-Indian-tourists-drown-in-Krabi-30244828.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-10-06

Were there landing at Ao Nang in rough seas after a long bumpy run just last year. Pilot of our boat made everyone put on the life vests which I thought was prudent. Not common to see safety precautions like that in Thailand. Condolences to the families of the deceased. Thailand continues to be a dangerous tourist destination.

Condolences to the respective families and friends such a terrible tragedy to happen while on holiday in Thailand more issues regarding tourists and safety, as someone commented earlier never seems to be any good news regarding tourists, next it will be some young fit guy will break an elderly tourists arms for not paying a parking ticket, time Thais started to show some respect towards foreign people and not just walking ATM’s or one day there will be zero tourists to scam and rob they will be dead through accidents or get fed up with the continual battle just to have a quiet life and be happy in Thailand.

• Like 1

Is there any good news about tourists that has been published in the last few months? It all seems to be doom and gloom !!!

Think there might be another blockbuster of similar content coming soon to a theater near you: "A million ways to die in Thailand"

Would be funny, if actual circumstances wouldn't be that sad...

RIP to the victims, condolences to family and friends.

Edited by catweazle

I also traveled on the phi phi to krabi ferry on the same day. At one stage the waves were really throwing the boat around, it was pretty scary. I read on another website that ferries were advised not travel on that day due to the conditions.

Just read about this tragedy as well as the male who went overboard between Koh Tao and Koh Phangan. It was interesting to see the editor make the following quote:

"A suggestion that tourists wear wristbands, made recently by the Tourism and Sports minister, probably would not have helped. A life vest, however, might have saved his life."

I have taken the long tail boats from Ao Nong to Railey and back. As the article said they were about 100 M from shore. I am no where near as strong a swimmer as when I was younger and on the swim and dive team, in shape and all that, but I still do swim recreationally. I can't imagine the "seas" at Ao Nong being too hard to handle 100 m.

I have taken the long tail boats from Ao Nong to Railey and back. As the article said they were about 100 M from shore. I am no where near as strong a swimmer as when I was younger and on the swim and dive team, in shape and all that, but I still do swim recreationally. I can't imagine the "seas" at Ao Nong being too hard to handle 100 m.

Imagine serious storming mate. Two meter plus storm surf and people who cannot really swim..................

Panic kills.