Thai student discovers a clever solution for killing cockroaches

Jonathan Fairfield

Discovered?

This solution is at least as old as my grandmother.

Flour, gipsum and water keeps mice at bay.

Tomorrow, some clever Thai kid will discover America.

Yeah well she didn't know your grandmother and she thought this up on her own, big thumbs up for creativity. As for you, well enough said I guess

Edited by jjablonsky
  • Like 1

Can't recall the last time I saw a Thai reading a book, comics yes.

Might be a first for you but try stopping a bookstore in Thailand. Who do you think buys the books at the thousands of book stores in Thailand?

Asia books is for falang, they don't sell Thai books. The books in Thai bookshops are mostly trash novels, monk nonsense comics and magazines.

• Like 1

I had a slight but persistent small bodied roach problem for months and tried everything I could find in the local stores to get rid of them and nothing worked, after doing some extensive research I decided to mail order "Advion" gel bait as I couldn't source it in Thailand, it arrived in 4x syringe type tubes and cost about $20

I placed about five spots of the stuff in strategic places - a quantity in total equal to the amount of toothpaste you would use to brush your teeth, this was about 2 months ago and within one week they were completely gone and have never come back, when I placed the stuff I checked now and again and actually witnessed the roaches filling their faces, they then go back to the nest and die and other roaches then eat the dead and die also, it is extremely effective

I still have near enough 4x full tubes of the stuff unused.

Happy to buy one of those left over tubes from you ----Dougal

Les Thaïlandais sont si intelligent. Si jamais ils commencent à lire des livres, ils seront inventent toutes sortes de choses.

FYI

Heures de lecture par semaine et par personne

1 Inde - 10 heures, 42 minutes

2. Thaïlande - 09h24

3. Chine - 08h00

4. Philippines - 07h36

5. Egypte - 07:30

6. République tchèque - 07:24

7. Russie - 07:06

8. Suède - 06:54

8. France - 06:54

10. Hongrie - 06h48

10. Arabie Saoudite - 06:48

12. Hong Kong - 06:42

13. Pologne - 06:30

14. Venezuela - 06:24

15. Afrique du Sud - 06:18

15. Australie - 06:18

17. Indonésie - 6:00

18. Argentine - 05:54

18. Turquie - 05:54

20. Espagne - 05:48

20. Canada - 05:48

22. Allemagne - 05:42

22. USA - 05h42

24. Italie - 5:36

25. Mexique - 05:30

26. Royaume-Uni - 05:18

27. Brésil - 05:12

28. Taiwan - 05:00

29. Japon - 4:06

30. Corée - 03:06

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nop-world-culture-scoretm-index-examines-global-media-habits-uncovers-whos-tuning-in-logging-on-and-hitting-the-books-54693752.html

Thais, in second place for reading?
Apart see somnolés position of "lotus" or eating their bowl of rice, I've never seen a book.
Ah, yes! the tablet.
Come on, is rectified:
9 H 24 a year for the whole family, to uncles, aunties, grandfathers, cousins, and newborns.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

LINE and facebook must be happy about this news...

• 4 years later...
On 10/7/2014 at 1:22 PM, NeverSure said:

2 parts white table sugar.

1 part water

Boil or microwave until sugar dissolves and a syrup is made. allow to cool to room temperature.

Add 1 part borax and mix thoroughly.

Put out a few drops anywhere there is an ant population that will eat sugar. (most ants.) I put it on small squares of non corrugated cardboard such as from a shoe box.

They take that back to the nest and feed it. Borax is a very sharp mineral that cuts them up inside. Within a couple of days they are gone.

(This recipe is older than my grandmother too.)

I find the sugar thing quite useless.

When i see roached I just throw some borax powder to them.

Then they go back home covered by snow and it seems that they don't come back again soon ????

I also found this:

https://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Roaches-with-Borax

On 10/8/2014 at 2:43 PM, nodomino said:

Who are these cultural and mental Giants that feel the need to denigrate Thai people, their culture, their history, ambitions and accomplishments at every turn?

Reading their history is a criminal offense, even having any books on the subject in your possession can get you jail time.

Could you list some of their accomplishments for me?

• Like 1

On 10/8/2014 at 3:07 PM, farangbanok said:

We took my friend's daughter shopping for presents for her 7th birthday and the only things she wanted were Maths and English text books ... not trash novels,

As Im sure you are aware SHE is  in a minority, to deny  this would be ridiculous.