Rimping Condominium/floral Chiangmai Condominium

Rasseru

This will not be a topic of much interest to many on the forum, for which I apologise, but I would be grateful to hear from anyone, either here or in a PM, who has views on either the Rimping Condomium or the Floral Chiangmai Condominium, or indeed any other condominium or "mansion" (as that term is used in Japan, meaning a nice apartment), as a place to stay long-term in Chiang Mai.

My wife and I arrived in Chiangmai on Friday and are looking for a place to live. We visited the Rimping Condominium today, and liked a lot about it. We saw the Floral Chiangmai Condominium today -- from outside the wall! -- and are going back for a real visit tomorrow, when the office is open.

Thanks in advance for any views and insights you are able to offer.

I live in one of them so blaze away. May be better to PM me and anyone else interested can contact you, OK? As per earlier mail Twin Peaks will probably fall in a similar price range and quality but the ground work is yours to do if interested as I have no recent knowledge there.

I live in one of them so blaze away. May be better to PM me and anyone else interested can contact you, OK?

Thanks for this, and for all the advice you have given in our PM communications since. I would be pleased to hear from others by PM or here, as they prefer.

All other things being equal I would choose the Rimping because, in my opinion, it is in a better location i.e. easy to walk to / from places and get public transport. In comparison the Floral is tucked away a bit. Of course if you drive all the time then this is irrelevant :o

Rasseru what did you think having looked at both them?

My wife and I liked a lot about both places. They have both great views and nice staff and some very spacious apartments. In both places there is a range in how nice the apartments have been maintained and how well laid-out they are, so much depends on what is available when you are looking. The Floral has very attractive grounds and a beautiful pool and tennis court, but at the same time feels a little removed from the city, like a place that works best if you come and go by car all the time. The Rimping is funkier than the Floral, in several senses. It is a little older, and feels it, and the staff are more relaxed (though fully professional) and easier to be around, at least for me. The Rimping feels like more of a city place. You step out on the street and you are instantly in the middle of people and restaurants and shops, although not, of course, actually in the center of town. In part because of a particular apartment we liked, but also for the funkiness factor, we chose the Rimping.

More, perhaps, than you wanted to know, but when you ask a question, you have to be ready for the answer! :o

My wife and I liked a lot about both places. They have both great views and nice staff and some very spacious apartments. In both places there is a range in how nice the apartments have been maintained and how well laid-out they are, so much depends on what is available when you are looking. The Floral has very attractive grounds and a beautiful pool and tennis court, but at the same time feels a little removed from the city, like a place that works best if you come and go by car all the time. The Rimping is funkier than the Floral, in several senses. It is a little older, and feels it, and the staff are more relaxed (though fully professional) and easier to be around, at least for me. The Rimping feels like more of a city place. You step out on the street and you are instantly in the middle of people and restaurants and shops, although not, of course, actually in the center of town. In part because of a particular apartment we liked, but also for the funkiness factor, we chose the Rimping.

More, perhaps, than you wanted to know, but when you ask a question, you have to be ready for the answer! :o

Thanks for the detailled answer - you can't have too much info.

All sounds good to me and I hope that you enjoy your stay - certainly the best place in town for watching Loy Krathong in a few months :D

. . . I hope that you enjoy your stay

Thanks, especially since the plan is for it to be permanent!

. . . certainly the best place in town for watching Loy Krathong in a few months :o

Other than, perhaps, right in the middle of it, which is how I stumbled upon both the festival and Chiang Mai for the first time last November.

Depends if you are wanting to rent or buy. Rimping would be OK as a renter but there have been stories around for eons that the foundations are shonky.

Floral has by far the better facilities (grounds, pool, tennis court etc) and you don't have to piss about using a lift to park your car.

All sounds good to me and I hope that you enjoy your stay - certainly the best place in town for watching Loy Krathong in a few months :D

Depends if you are wanting to rent or buy. Rimping would be OK as a renter but there have been stories around for eons that the foundations are shonky.

Floral has by far the better facilities (grounds, pool, tennis court etc) and you don't have to piss about using a lift to park your car.

Don't know what happened here. My comments didn't get attached somehow.

"It depends where you are wanting to rent or buy. There have been stories around for years that Rimping has shonky foundations. Floral has by far the better ambience (the grounds, pool etc) and you don't have to piss about using a lift when accessing the parking area"

"It depends where you are wanting to rent or buy. There have been stories around for years that Rimping has shonky foundations. Floral has by far the better ambience (the grounds, pool etc) and you don't have to piss about using a lift when accessing the parking area"

Thanks for that. Renting, not buying, for now at least.