Phuket: Former Mayor of Patong Pian Keesin found dead

webfact

RiP and condolences to his family.

No matter your opinion of him a little respect should be given.

A man has died today.

WRONG...Men die everyday and everywhere.

This was a less than human animal that was probably in a planned fall. Like all the farang who land on the pavement...but DID NOT jump.

Sure you know best. Your humanity is inspiring.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It's people like him Thailand needs to get rid of and prevent from coming back later, if Thailand wants to move forward. You can't have all these feudal lords ruling parts of thailand separate from Bangkok.

Further, you can't have these guys 'making the law' / 'making local laws' according to what is good for them.

CiaranO, on 07 Oct 2014 - 15:13, said:

A man has died today.

Respect is earnt, not given, to many he has not earnt any. (yes, earnt is correct, Google it)

Funny, did not know that, thanks.

• Like 1

A man has died today.

I don't understand the need of some TV members to do the "RIP and condolences to the family" on every thread about somebody dying. This blokes family don't give a rats &rse about your condolences, unless you were a friend to him, which I doubt. 50 to 60 million of people die every year..Some cases are tragic...Most are just people dying, as we all will.

An unemployed teacher topped himself in Chiang Mai a few days ago, and the usual "condolence" crowd were out, some rebuking anybody who had a positive tilt on life, and didn't want to grieve with them about the person who they didn't know.

It should only be depressing If It's a friend or family or a tragedy Koh Tao] otherwise It's just news.

Lighten up.

It's polite.

Try it sometime.

No, It's not polite..It's wanting to be noticed and really having nothing to say. I'm sure this crooks family will soon be inviting you to the funeral. Not.

You don't normally get invited to a funeral.

Noticed - give me a break.

And verily I say unto thee, He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword.

Actually, he fell down.

In the sword?

That would have been apt! But actually, I think he just fell at home, like many people do, and hit his head.

Edit:

I would still like to see the body, though. Just to be absolutely sure...

whistling.gif

Edited by JetsetBkk

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

A man has died today.

Did you shed a tear when saddam Hussein was hanged?
This guy was a Thug who ruled patong with an iron fist, i knew him nearly 20 years.
Believe me, no love lost except those who will no longer be on his payroll.

Comparing him to saddam is just a ridiculous statement.

Shame in you for even trying.

Ridiculous?

Saddam was a human being, so was Hitler, Pol Pot etc. I am not comparing Pian to these people only the fact that he was human, same as them.

As you quoted:

So i ask the question again...did you shed a tear when saddam was hanged? he was after all a human being.

A man has died today.

• Like 2

A man has died today.

Did you shed a tear when saddam Hussein was hanged?

This guy was a Thug who ruled patong with an iron fist, i knew him nearly 20 years.

Believe me, no love lost except those who will no longer be on his payroll.

Comparing him to saddam is just a ridiculous statement.

Shame in you for even trying.

Ridiculous?

Saddam was a human being, so was Hitler, Pol Pot etc. I am not comparing Pian to these people only the fact that he was human, same as them.

As you quoted:

So i ask the question again...did you shed a tear when saddam was hanged? he was after all a human being.

A man has died today.

No I didn't and neither have I for Khun Pian. However I take issue with disgusting human beings commenting on a story about a mans death in somewhat joyful spirit.

I'm hearing rumours in Patong that bars are going to have to close, as a mark of respect.

Could be some people taking the piss out of me, or, they've had the piss taken out of them, and are just passing it on, I'm sure it is, but has anyone else heard the same?

Edited by NamKangMan

Maffia war under way?

Why would you think that?

He had already lost control by losing the election for Mayor of Patong.

Even the true Patong residents wanted change.

Pian made them all rich, but, at what cost to their environment?

The guy is out on bail in a major mafia investigation so I figure some of his associates are feeling nervous, better to see him dead.

And what about his 2 criminal kids out on bail too? Due for a car accident?

It's people like him Thailand needs to get rid of and prevent from coming back later, if Thailand wants to move forward. You can't have all these feudal lords ruling parts of thailand separate from Bangkok.

And 'Bangkok' always knows best for the whole country?

This could be Thailands answer for the Mafia.

Beware Koh-Tao

jb1

So, whatever the reason for this man's death, as we have not yet been told; the question I posed yesterday still stands:

"Is Phuket a trial run by the General's corruption busters for all the other island and landlocked feifdoms still out there?"

Quite a few sweaty palms in some "locally administered" corners of the Kingdom, I would say. Starting but not limited to Koh Tau and not all in the south by any means. A great Chinese curse reads: "May you live in interesting times." Some interesting times are possibly ahead for more than a few of the citizens & public servants who "helped themselves" too much, too often & for too long. Well I hope so anyway. But I am an optimist.

• Like 1

And 'Bangkok' always knows best for the whole country?

Well we have one disgruntled (Northern?????) provincial resident for the record!

More fuel to stoke the popularity of visiting Thailand.....what's becoming of this country ?

In southern Thailand, the new mindset precipitated by the Bangkok Elitists, the old motto of Land of Smiles is now Land of Greed.

I quite fancy LOS "Land of Sopranos" as someone else posted today. seems appropriate, too.

But is it really his body or a body double so he escapes a lengthy prison term? Has the deal been done?

Need to send Steve in a tyre smoking green 67 Mustang then, but he may find the number of motorbikes here more than a challenge.