Android TV boxs

ryanhull

Hey All,

Just wondering if you can buy these android TV (IPTV) boxes from big c or tescos?

I know you can get them online but with me being an impatient so and so I would rather go grab one for cash, anyone know if they sell them?

Cheers

Hey,

I ended up buying one from Tesco's, Brand AJ and price 4000 Bhat, they also have a cheaper box for 1900 bhat but worth paying the extra

TOT flog one in Tesco Tao Pun at a little stall, I haven't seen them in the electronic section though. What can you do with them exactly accessing a shit load of streams I would imagine?

It bassicly makes your TV into a massive android phone! for example I have some apps on here such as skype, facebook, youtube etc, but also along side that I am able to use the web browser to load ilikehd.com and stream pretty much all the top channels with or without thai subtitles for the mrs.

Also there is another app I have called IPTV which enables me to stream all the UK TV channels for free and other countries channels, I will also be adding other apps such as BBC Iplayer, tv-catchup etc.

Pretty good solution really considering its free aside from the initial outlay of the box and I have access to all the UK channels and most channels you get on Truemove such as NatGeo etc.

Definitely would recommend providing you have a decent internet connection (not 3G/Aircards)

Hey,

I ended up buying one from Tesco's, Brand AJ and price 4000 Bhat, they also have a cheaper box for 1900 bhat but worth paying the extra

Details please.

Chipset, Cpu, Ram etc.

Ahh and photos...smile.png

thanks

Edited by Turkleton

Details please.

Chipset, Cpu, Ram etc.

Ahh and photos...smile.png.pagespeed.ce.CwSpBGGvqN.png

thanks

Hey,

I am not too sure on the exact specs as its all in thai see http://www.ajthai.com/th/product_qualification.aspx?id=175&pcat=Set%20Top%20Box&ptype=Set%20Top%20Box&pcode=SVB-93%20%20%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%B2%202,990%20%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%97

However its running android 4.2 and is HD, it has inbuilt wifi plus HDMI ports with 2 x USB enabling you to plug a mouse/keyboard

It also has an inbuilt digital TV tuner meaning you can plug your areial into it and get rid of your normal digital TV box,

So far very happy, currently sat here watching Nat Geo in HD with thai sub titles so the wifes happy!

I think the reason this one is a bit higher priced than the others is becuase of the inbuilt digital TV, it actually also comes with a portable digital TV arial although I haven't bothered with it as I am using the roof arial. Go check them out at big c, really good gadget, I think you can also use it with https://www.thaiexpat.tv/

Although I am signed up to ilikehd.com for 350bhat a month giving me all the top channels via the website, you can either use this box to stream to your TV or stream via the website on your laptop.

Cheers

I recently purchased a Minix Neo X7 Android box from Tukcom in Pattaya for 4500THB and probably paid about 500B more than I should have.

It came configured with a few apps including CloudTV, a subscription based IPTV service (but who wants to pay?).

It also came with XBMC Media Centre but I had to download and configure the services from scratch in addition to setting all of the XBMC setup options. Very good online tutorials on YouTube for that but took me quite some time.

It's working well now with many IPTV channels available for free however, I mainly use XBMC to connect wirelessly to my home network and desktop PC where I have a large video library on disk. I'm very happy with the box and the XBMC app.

Specs for the box can be found here but be warned you will need time to understand and set it up so unless doing that is also part of your thing then buying a pre-configured Android box with services already setup and ready to go is probably the answer for you:

http://www.minix.com.hk/Products/MINIX-NEOX7.html

And by the way, it comes with a remote which is usable but pretty basic so probably best to purchase a decent air-mouse/learning remote too. I researched what seems to be a good one for the Minix X7 (amoung others) and am now waiting for delivery direct from the manufacturer in China. Riitek Rii i13 Learning Universal Remote + Air mouse + Keyboard+mic & speaker link as follows:

http://www.riitek.com/product_Info.asp?id=92

What ever you get once it is up and running you should be happy with the choice of programs available and the general quality but you do need a reasonable internet connection speed.

I have a 20mb TOT fibre connection and that seems to be fine but regardless most of the issues will be because of the stream source and the international connection speeds which your local ISP can't control of course.

Edited by avander

Just bought one because my tv was becoming a clothes and towel rack.. laugh.png

Great little box, got my xbmc library connected to it, along with many other plugins i added from repos.

iPhone 3Gs as a remote and your all set. (Boxes come with IR remotes)

there is a guy in pattaya who is selling a pre configured box with all free sports streams, movies etv n xbmc (configured)for 5k went round and had a demo, well worth it seems as though the box is probably 3-4 k

PM if anybody wants the number, im sure he can EMS it if your not in pattaya

Edited by 2008bangkok

Hey All,

Anyone have a tutorial on how to setup my box with XMBC,

I am a little confused to how it works plus I wonder is there a way of just showing tv channels with a tv guide? I am not intrested in movies purely live tv channels but would be great to have playback and a tv guide as thats one thing ilovehd.com is missing,

Cheers

Bought one from Hong Kong via Ebay.

Haven't used it for 4 month, what a waste of money.

I think I used it 2 hours total since I bought it, it's so awkward to use.

I think I will upgrade my Win7 desk top PC with a new one next year using Win10 and then the old desk top PC will be hooked up to the TV.

Hey All,

I am a little confused to how it works plus I wonder is there a way of just showing tv channels with a tv guide? I am not intrested in movies purely live tv channels but would be great to have playback and a tv guide as thats one thing ilovehd.com is missing,

Cheers

Youtube has some good tips to get you started on XBMC. So much to it. choose the options you want. It does IPTV as well.

Hey All,

Cheers

I'm also interested in live TV including Thai TV for the GF. Is Thai TV available with Android boxes? I know the OP mentioned his box is digital TV capable. Does that mean you can plug a cable from a cable TV company? I don't think I'm in an area that would receive a good aerial signal. Also I don't think most Android boxes have that capability (please tell me if I'm wrong).

I've been looking at a Ugoos UT3 Android Box and here.

I have been learning XBMC for the last month now and have found a link for Thai TV but out of 10 or so channels only one works, Thai PBS, but its a better signal than my cable co. provides. I would really like to ditch the cable co. as the signal is terrible. XBMC has been hit and miss for live TV (mostly miss) but streaming movies and TV shows is great with a huge selection. I tried all night Sun/Mon morning to stream live NFL but I could not get any links to work except for one game that had no sound.

I see TOT offers a streaming service but the website is beyond my understanding of Thaiglish and the girls I tried to talk to about it at the office were clueless.

OP said he is using ilovehd.com. I can't find that site I end up on a page that says domain for sale. Does anyone have working link?

Do a YouTube search on Vdubt25. He has quite a few tutorials on settingup XBMC with IPTV. Follow it to the letter and make sure you use the updated links he provides. PM me if you need any help.

But be aware the EPG I provide for this list (in the youtube video) is for UK time so you have to change the PVR Simple ITV EPG settings forward 6 hours (while they are still on daylight saving)

Do a YouTube search on Vdubt25. He has quite a few tutorials on settingup XBMC with IPTV. Follow it to the letter and make sure you use the updated links he provides. PM me if you need any help.

But be aware the EPG I provide for this list (in the youtube video) is for UK time so you have to change the PVR Simple ITV EPG settings forward 6 hours (while they are still on daylight saving)

Yes, I had some trouble with Time Zones initially also but then set to UK time (in TH) and only have trouble with the US streams now as they need to be manually offset.

Hey All,

Cheers

Go to www.tvaddons.com download xbmc for whatever system your using like android or windows. Then from the same site download fusion ( they have instructions) then to set up your system with movies and tv shows use the hub wizard also on the same site. Also after you have done that you can use the addon manager to add the MX repisitory for live thai tv.

To set up live tv from around the world on xbmc follow the instructions in this vid https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dddkIicYOLk . It only about 350 stations but it should be enough. There are other lists out there that have 1000's but I think this is the easiest set up.

• Like 2

Go to www.tvaddons.com download xbmc for whatever system your using like android or windows. Then from the same site download fusion ( they have instructions) then to set up your system with movies and tv shows use the hub wizard also on the same site. Also after you have done that you can use the addon manager to add the MX repisitory for live thai tv.

To set up live tv from around the world on xbmc follow the instructions in this vid https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dddkIicYOLk . It only about 350 stations but it should be enough. There are other lists out there that have 1000's but I think this is the easiest set up.

Thanks for the fusion and MX repository Thai TV tips. Just installed and the Thai TV works great.

I am a little confused , where does it get the feeds , does the box just have a list of known feeds ? do they update that list often ?

It just seems weird that there are legal feeds of pay channels that do not get taken down pretty quick ,

and can you record more than one feed , or watch one and record another ?