BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
JulieM

Is the Chiang Rai forum dying?

I don't visit this forum often but it seems unusually quiet. Is this forum dying? If so, what's up with that?

Regarding Government Health Insurance, I friend of mine had surgery last week at the government hospital and they informed him that they would not be renewing is card.

I have a residence permit and I notice that my card is not like others as it looks different and they plainly spell out on top of the card that I am a permanent. Not sure if they will renew my card at the end of December.

We do suffer an interesting phenomenon on this forum, where people complain about it but refuse to make a positive contribution of their own. They tear it down and point fingers but won’t lift a finger to make it a better place. The only time they post is to say everything is the fault of one individual and everything would be great if we just got rid of that person. They claim to be friendly positive people but they show no evidence of that on this forum.

We do suffer an interesting phenomenon on this forum, where people complain about it but refuse to make a positive contribution of their own. They tear it down and point fingers but won’t lift a finger to make it a better place. The only time they post is to say everything is the fault of one individual and everything would be great if we just got rid of that person. They claim to be friendly positive people but they show no evidence of that on this forum.

They have to come here to post as there are so few posts to read where they come from. Fine, I am sure everyone will welcome them here if they post something informative or even community building but they do not seem to want to do that.

I guess you are having to peddle faster to keep warm these days vfsmile.png

• Like 2

I have to say, I miss the entertainment factor of those guys who would come on here with a bizarre question like, where can I find a blue five legged goat. Anyone who dared suggest there might be something off with the question was called an idiot and rude while being told to answer the question as asked or shut up. On second thought, perhaps I don’t really miss those people.

Harry, by the time I get out on the bike it is usually midday so the wonderfully cool morning air is little more than a pleasant memory.

• Like 1

I have to echo VF and Harry's comments. For a time this forum seemed to attract an inordinate number of trolls. Calmer recently and MUCH more usefiul now that the "I think'ers" have gone back to Bangkok wub.png

• Like 2

Thank you for the excellent and well timed examples of what is wrong with this forum. It is clear who the rude and offensive posters are.

I would agree with the comment that “Visitors just don't want to deal with the few obnoxious dogs who think they own the Soi”.

Even if I want to answer a post, I may not contribute, as any response given is likely to be “barked” at, referring to the above quoted soi dogs. And for the “They claim to be friendly positive people but they show no evidence of that on this forum”, Well I guess it’s true that “Every dog smells his own dirt”.

As to the “so few posts to read where they come from”, I think the OP was talking about this place, hence the need for the post.

• Like 1

Thank you for the excellent and well timed examples of what is wrong with this forum. It is clear who the rude and offensive posters are.

Yes, it is very clear.

• Like 1

We don't insult people by calling them dogs on this forum. It is the other guys who do that, in an attempt to disrupt this forum and promote another one. That is very clear.

Edited by villagefarang

I merely used a metaphor to describe my perspective to the Op. I believe that is my right as a member of this forum.

It was not my intent to cast any aspersions toward any particular member.

• Like 1