SPOT THE MICHELIN MAN - images of vehicles in Thailand with a Michelin Man adornment.

Ron19

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RON..With the Mich rep today. Cant remember when they stopped Genuine ones here At least six years +. Some Legal bullshit. Just copies now Mate.sad.png

and where do we get those ?

except ebay !

Cheers

I have found that " Tyre Plus " Uttaradit have them. They only showed me one which was white with a blue sash and around 5 inches tall.They may have other sizes but I didn't follow that up after they told me that the one I was holding costs 900 baht. facepalm.gifwhistling.gif

RON..With the Mich rep today. Cant remember when they stopped Genuine ones here At least six years +. Some Legal bullshit. Just copies now Mate.sad.png

except ebay !

Cheers

I have found that " Tyre Plus " Uttaradit have them. They only showed me one which was white with a blue sash and around 5 inches tall.They may have other sizes but I didn't follow that up after they told me that the one I was holding costs 900 baht. facepalm.gifwhistling.gif

did it seem like a normal item that they had or did they have to go in the back and dig one up ?

and what sizes or colors ?

I would thing the real price for a fullsize one would be 400-500b as they are $30 on Ebay

I still like the one that wai's , I doubt that is an official one

except ebay !

Cheers

did it seem like a normal item that they had or did they have to go in the back and dig one up ?

and what sizes or colors ?

I would thing the real price for a fullsize one would be 400-500b as they are $30 on Ebay

I still like the one that wai's , I doubt that is an official one

I'll have to wait till I go back near there to find out.

Saw this on my travels so had to stop and have a chat with the guy. wink.png

post-35075-0-15634200-1416050180_thumb.j

The Michelin men are made of pretty stiff plastic in various colors and cost from 150Bt for the little 6in. ones to 750Bt for the big ones.

They don't come with internal light but can be put in for a bit extra.

After chatting to the guy and taking photos of his shop I felt that I couldn't go without buying something so bought a couple of the 150Bt one for the girls bycicles.

post-35075-0-36397400-1416050208_thumb.j

smile.png

The Michelin men are made of pretty stiff plastic in various colors and cost from 150Bt for the little 6in. ones to 750Bt for the big ones.

After chatting to the guy and taking photos of his shop I felt that I couldn't go without buying something so bought a couple of the 150Bt one for the girls bycicles.

smile.png

good find , does it look like he is making them or just buying ?

150b seems like a decent price that regular thais would pay for the small ones , how much were the biggest ones ?

and any contact info ?

thanks

attachicon.gifDSCN2215 (Medium).jpg

attachicon.gifSAM_0432 (Medium).JPG

smile.png

Whereabouts is this shop ?

"BKK Dreaming" It's only a small shop specializing in big truck add-ons. Lots of reflectors and colored flashing lights that annoy the average motorist. whistling.gif

They didn't seem to have a lot of Michelin Men, just what was on display outside an a couple inside on the counter. The price of the biggest was 750Bt.

"Ron19" If you travelling Southish on road No2 towards Saraburi the shop is on the left after the 3188, a few klicks before the 362 junction where Robinson is. Easy to miss if you're going a little fast.

smile.png

"BKK Dreaming" It's only a small shop specializing in big truck add-ons. Lots of reflectors and colored flashing lights that annoy the average motorist. whistling.gif

They didn't seem to have a lot of Michelin Men, just what was on display outside an a couple inside on the counter. The price of the biggest was 750Bt.

"Ron19" If you travelling Southish on road No2 towards Saraburi the shop is on the left after the 3188, a few klicks before the 362 junction where Robinson is. Easy to miss if you're going a little fast.

smile.png

Thanks for that,I have relatives in the area and will get them to check it out for me.

• 2 weeks later...

"Ron19" If you travelling Southish on road No2 towards Saraburi the shop is on the left after the 3188, a few klicks before the 362 junction where Robinson is. Easy to miss if you're going a little fast. smile.png

Thanks for that,I have relatives in the area and will get them to check it out for me.

Count me in for some small ones if you need to order some , in fact all sizes...white if possible

Archived