SPOT THE MICHELIN MAN - images of vehicles in Thailand with a Michelin Man adornment.

Ron19

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ron. please start a Spot the Scarlet Pimpernels, id find that easy after theses fat little buggers.w00t.gif

I can't do that at the moment, I'm working on one for rocking horse droppings . whistling.gif

Polite there Ron, never heard an Ozzie call em Droppings before.biggrin.png

Thaivisa doesn't like the word shit being used on the forum.biggrin.png

Ron. please start a Spot the Scarlet Pimpernels, id find that easy after theses fat little buggers.w00t.gif

I can't do that at the moment, I'm working on one for rocking horse droppings . whistling.gif

A little piece of poetry ? clap2.gif

They seek him here, they seek him there,

Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.

Is he in Heaven, is he in Hell,

That damn'd, elusive Pimpernel ?

since I am in Thailand now, other than that one roadside shop has anyone found a place to buy them ?

any luck at a Michelin tire store ?

Seems these little fellas you see around are copy men and not supplied my the Michelin company so doubtful you would have any better chance finding any there as anywhere else. But worth a try. wink.png

The other week I had to drive down South from Bangkok. I drove down the main southern route, road 2 I believe, but because I started my journey late and don't like driving at night did an overnight stop at Hua HIn,

On the way down somewhere between Phetchaburi and Hua Hin I noticed at least a couple of places road side that sold the Michelin men. It was dark at this time but you couldn't miss the places as they were lit up with lots of flashing LED's. Don't know how easy they would be to spot in the daytime without all the lights.blink.png

As I said it was dark at the time so probably nearer Hua Hin than Phetchaburi.

Probably not a lot of interest to most unless you are in that part of the Thailand and fancy a drive in the country. Hua Hin Has several attractions including that fancy new water park so is quite nice family day out, you could always convince the missis, and you might just happen to see some Michelin men on the way. whistling.gif

Just thought I'd mention my Michelin man sightings biggrin.png

since I am in Thailand now, other than that one roadside shop has anyone found a place to buy them ?

any luck at a Michelin tire store ?

I can't give you any advice other than this regarding Tyreplus Thailand site. www. Tyreplus .co.th

When you bring up the web site,there is a small white area showing province and area.Click on province then

bangkok and then the area then you shoud see a list of tyreplus stores .There is also a map above this province

and area section showing where these stores are located. http://www.tyreplus.co.th/images/index/pic1.jpg

did anyone buy one at Tireplus ? was it in stock or did you need to order ? and cost decent ?

I have a Thai friend looking too , he thinks it will be more on the outskirts of BKK

Yesterday I saw a Blue/white city bus with 4 of them on the front , plus a new big $$$$ tour bus with 6 on the front and 4 on the back

did anyone buy one at Tireplus ? was it in stock or did you need to order ? and cost decent ?

I have a Thai friend looking too , he thinks it will be more on the outskirts of BKK

Yesterday I saw a Blue/white city bus with 4 of them on the front , plus a new big $$$$ tour bus with 6 on the front and 4 on the back

Tyreplus Uttaradit had at least one and wanted ฿900 for it. rolleyes.gif

If ever you get the chance to photograph like you seen,it would be great if you could do that and post them to this thread.

Archived