SPOT THE MICHELIN MAN - images of vehicles in Thailand with a Michelin Man adornment.

Ron19

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who pays for all those Michelin men and mirrors and lights and all the other "go faster" accessories that are on the trucks and busses?

Non of those bits are cheap, surely truck and bus drivers don't get paid so well that they can afford all those gizmos blink.png

Who pays for all those Michelin men and mirrors and lights and all the other "go faster" accessories that are on the trucks and busses?

Non of those bits are cheap, surely truck and bus drivers don't get paid so well that they can afford all those gizmos blink.png

My guess is that they would all be owner drivers.

The drivers who are often the owners of the trucks ;

I did that work during 13 years when living in Europe ( 1971 - 1983 )

Never my different bosses pay for me some extra Michelin " poupee " or big horns or additional lights .

But what I can say or write here is that the most beautiful trucks with many Bibendum or additional lights or something like that , generally belongs to their drivers.

PS , a national truck driver in Thailand has an income from 10.000 baht to often much more ;

an international truck driver has often more than 20.000 baht/month + travel expenses

and like in France a coach driver has often less money than a truck driver even he has more responsability with many people in his coach .

The drivers who are often the owners of the trucks ;

I did that work during 13 years when living in Europe ( 1971 - 1983 )

Never my different bosses pay for me some extra Michelin " poupee " or big horns or additional lights .

But what I can say or write here is that the most beautiful trucks with many Bibendum or additional lights or something like that , generally belongs to their drivers.

PS , a national truck driver in Thailand has an income from 10.000 baht to often much more ;

an international truck driver has often more than 20.000 baht/month + travel expenses

and like in France a coach driver has often less money than a truck driver even he has more responsability with many people in his coach .

Not wise to Surmise on Thais. The Owner Driver of the Truck Pic i posted gets 17 K. Bht every 2 Days averaging 250 up to 800 KMs during that period. Hes Happy.thumbsup.gif

Archived