Looking for Judo class in Bangkok (+aikido private classes)

Hi,

I am looking for a Judo class in BKK. I went to the din dairng thai-japan stadium place I read about from a thread back in 2011 but they said there wasn't a new class until the 26th and didn't see any farangs go there. They told me to come back at 530pm...which was a bit later in the day so I couldnt return at that time.

I am relatively fit 40 year old farang and want to take up judo, as a beginner, as I think it will be fun when I get the hang of it.

If you know the best place for me to train please advise.

(separately if you know anyone does private aikido classes please contact me)

Many thanks for any help you can offer.

• 1 month later...

In Bangkok, there are three judo training places:

1) The Sports Science Center in the Hua Mark Sports Complex on Ramkhamhaeng Road. Training starts daily at 6pm and lasts until 8am, with the exception of Sunday and Monday when the dojo is closed. Classes are free of charge.

2) Thai-Japanese Sport Complex (or Thai-Ippun as it is known by locals) in Din Daeng area, where you can train every Saturday and Sunday from 5pm to 7pm or 4pm to 6pm respectively. There are also weekday classes between 4pm and 6pm. Registration is 40 baht/year (one photo and passport copy needed for initial registration).

3) Located within the training areas of National Stadium (near the National Stadium BTS station). Doors open at 6pm and you can train until 9pm every day from Monday to Friday.

Here's more about Judo in Thailand.

3 locations for Aikido in Bangkok:

1) Renbukan Dojo, located between Sukhumvit Soi 67 and 69, behind Taisin Square Building - BTS Phrakanong station. The dojo is on the second floor, above the Yamaha Music Instruments showroom. Classes are held in the evening, every day of the week, with the exception of Saturday and Sunday when there are also morning sessions. Generally, the first class of the evening is for beginners while the second and/or third classes are for intermediate and advanced students. On Saturday, there’s a special bokken (wooden sword) andjo (wooden staff) class.

Monthly fees vary depending on age: 1.000 baht (under 12 years old), 1.200 baht (13-25 years old) and 1,500 (26 years old and above). The bokken and jo class is at an additional fee of 1.000 baht per month. If you’re only visiting Bangkok, you can train at Renbukan for a fee of 300 baht per time. Instruction is both in Thai and English, with a bit of Japanese here and there.

2) Din Daeng Dojo, located at the Thai-Japan Sport Complex in Din Daeng District. This dojo has the largest training area I know of in Bangkok. Two-hour classes are held every Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday evening, from 18:30 to 20:30, with the first hour being attended by more beginners, while the second one sees mare intermediate and advanced students. On Saturday and Sunday, classes start at 13:00 and are usually attended by mostly beginner aikidoka. Instruction is in Thai only and the place can get pretty crowded.

3) STOU Aikido Club, located on the second floor of Sukho-Samosorn building, on the grounds of Sukhothai Thammathirat Open University, near Muang Thong Thani Village. The classes are held in the evening on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, while on Saturday and Sunday the classes start a bit earlier.

Here is more stuff about Aikido in Thailand.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Anyone else here training Judo at the moment?

I went along to The Sports Science Center in the Hua Mark Sports Complex on Ramkhamhaeng Road a few months back but on the day I went it was just the Thai National Team. The main guy coaching / training was actually half British so I was lucky to be able to chat about Judo. They have broke away from Thai judo and are focusing on JuJitsu I think he said it was mainly Ne Waza. They let me join for the session and they were very good. However I would like to find somewhere farang friendly, not to far from the beaten track for more traditional Judo.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Sorry for bumping this topic but I thought it would be better than creating a new one.

Are there any judo classes in Sathorn/Silom currently? I work at Rama3 area till about 6-6:15 pm so some of the options above are out of the question when taking in account travel time in Bangkok evening traffic... I'm a brown belt who has been doing judo since primary school although I haven't practiced in 3-4 years now.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/11/2019 at 9:38 AM, taffy0403 said:

hi, 

i have judo class in bangkok.

i am from tokyo japan

please let me know if u are interested in my class.

taffy inaba

Hi,

Can you work in schools? We have 5 students who need to be trained in Judo to complete an assessment.

• 10 months later...
On 5/11/2019 at 9:38 AM, taffy0403 said:

hi, 

i have judo class in bangkok.

i am from tokyo japan

please let me know if u are interested in my class.

taffy inaba

Hi do you still have classes? I am part of my national team but I am currently living in Bangkok and looking for somewhere to start training after lockdown is over