Prayuth declares battle against inequality

webfact

That list of 'problems that need solving' must be way past a full ream of paper by now and thereby will become the downfall of all his dreams. Nobody can do everything at once and spread themselves too thin; better to approach one or two major issues and get them sorted before moving on to the next area of concern.

The great General himself introduced the word 'disparity'. If he has an inkling, he should realise the greatest disparities lie at the top of the golden chain, and any dysfunction in any appearance of disparity at the highest levels are the ones needing complete transparency, displaying how such disparity was gained. In this case it has to come from top down, and not bottom up - as half way up it gets lost in the corruption controlled by such a golden chain, where people can afford to keep the lower levels shchum.

• Like 1

Fight corruption: Did I miss the news, where hundreds of influential people were arrested?

All the Shins, Banharns etc etc are arrested?

Or are they walking around without fear?

What is with the microphones? No blood test for the big guys in Koh Tao, no consequences......

Business as usual....Samak, Abhisit, Yingluck, Prayuth......not much of a difference....

• Like 2

The great General himself introduced the word 'disparity'. If he has an inkling, he should realise the greatest disparities lie at the top of the golden chain, and any dysfunction in any appearance of disparity at the highest levels are the ones needing complete transparency, displaying how such disparity was gained. In this case it has to come from top down, and not bottom up - as half way up it gets lost in the corruption controlled by such a golden chain, where people can afford to keep the lower levels shchum.

First and simple step: investigate every official with more than 500 Million on the bank account. If you get a salary of 30.000, you either have some side business where we should ask if that person really works full time, or he/she is complete corrupt.

Another case of poor journalism on the part of the Nation. Prayuth was talking about economic inequality, not social inequality. It would be great if Prayuth was able to make any progress in expanding the middle class in Thailand. Rayong province has a growing middle class, but the rest of Thailand seems to be going in the reverse direction. Social inequality is more than any government will ever be able to overcome in Thailand. Who would lead Thailand to recognize that the color of one's skin is irrelevant to one's social standing? I don't think Thailand will ever see a civil rights movement or someone who could lead it.

It would be a good start to find out why so many people, including military officers, have wealth hardly commensurate with their salaries.

More hot air.

Isn't Prayuth's little brother & spouse worth nearly a billion Baht?

How's that for inequality?

• Like 1

clap2.gif

"

Our neighbour countries have developed rapidly, but we lag behind because of internal fighting," said Prayut.

Truer words have never been said.

The real problem is that the Thai politicians have set up a two (self-interest) party system for their own gain, vwersus the interests of the people.

The two main political parties are nothong more than two gangs of crooks whose real interest is the continuation of their own group ..... like a mob of gangsters that want to the resourses of the "street" to benefit themselves and deny the 'other gang" any of the spoils.

That was exactly what the last "political confrontation" was abut.

I would like to see a serious fight sgsinst "ineqaulity", but I don't believe it will happen as long as the current crop of "politicians" have a role in politics.

Creating jobs and income is commendable. And I hope it works. But... fighting corruption? How... by promising bigger monetary rewards than what the average motorist can afford? You want to solve a problem, you go to the root. Not come up with short-sighted solutions and bandaged fixes.

Another case of poor journalism on the part of the Nation. Prayuth was talking about economic inequality, not social inequality. It would be great if Prayuth was able to make any progress in expanding the middle class in Thailand. Rayong province has a growing middle class, but the rest of Thailand seems to be going in the reverse direction. Social inequality is more than any government will ever be able to overcome in Thailand. Who would lead Thailand to recognize that the color of one's skin is irrelevant to one's social standing? I don't think Thailand will ever see a civil rights movement or someone who could lead it.

well social and economic inequality goes hand in hand.....If one improves automatically the other improves. Even more in Thailand

I commend PM Prayut for his pro-active leadership.

It seems you are a bit to footloose and fancy free with your commendations, the man has done no more than talk. How about a little action before we all prostrate ourselves at his feet?

Edited by Robespiere

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

OK coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

Sorry, I am new here but I have to ask the moderators... how does a comment like this qualify as a "post".

Why not wai2.gif

No countries use the word "democracy" more than dictatorships.

For instance:
Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK)
Deutsche Demokatische Republik (DDR)
The trick is that they teach the children in school what democracy means ....
I will personally tear up the new democracy lessons my son will get in school.
I want him to fail the subject.

I am sure he will.

With or without your wish.

Why is it that

- those who hold absolute power talk about social inequality

- the wealthy talk about economic inequality

- the highly educated talk about educational inequality

- dictatorships promise democracy

but you never hear the reverse?

OK coffee1.gif

Sorry, I am new here but I have to ask the moderators... how does a comment like this qualify as a "post".

Its called efficient minimalist sarcasm... saying what I think by the economic use of 2 letters.

Maybe a bit hard for some to grasp I know.

Edited by englishoak

First and simple step: investigate every official with more than 500 Million on the bank account. If you get a salary of 30.000, you either have some side business where we should ask if that person really works full time, or he/she is complete corrupt.

Why would he want to investigate himself? ;)giggle.gif

Your Excellency PM Prayuth Can-ocha, the opportunity to swing around Thai and World opinion and give back

credibility to Thailand is presented on a golden plate. The timing is just right.

The worlds media attention is still on Thailand due to this appalling investigations into the Koh Tao murders.

World media has highlighted murder, corruption, drug dealing and human rights violations. Every single issue

Thailand has been condemned for in the past in one spot. Presented on a golden plate, ripe for easy picking.

So, wouldn't it be just the right time to show the international community how sincere his Excellency is

with the claims about bringing happiness back to people, eradicate corruption, battle against inequality?

I'm convinced, if the government would make an example and prosecute anyone involved with any "criminal

activities" exposed in this one single murder case on Koh Tao and punish them accordingly, World and Thai

opinion would instantly change for the better.

America might [or might not] put you back up in the second thier on the next TIP report.

Economic forecasts might [or might not] improve again

Tourism might [or might not] bounce back again

But for sure, your popularity rating will increase dramatically and no one

will remember those couple of small but damaging "faux pas" from the past.

So corruption extends to some of the good old boys and human rights violations?

The inequality that the PM refers to; will there be more public spending and decentralising Government to the country areas?

Over 70% of Thai income is spent on Bangkok; will spending be more evenly disbursed.

Will farmers receive subsidies which in effect are a form of social payment to assist their low income. Most countries around the world provide similar subsidy programs. (E.g. Iowa ($501 million), Illinois ($454 million), and Texas ($397 million). Direct payments of subsidies are limited to $40,000 per person or $80,000 per couple.)

Or is this just an aggressive ploy to mould public perception and behaviour. In other words we are all suffering (but some suffering more than others; which won't be quantified or talked about)

I have also just read that Mr T's name has been taken out of new history books in schools. The Government of that time is labelled as one that became popular by public spending? So if there is an attempt to deliver equality, wouldn't there be a need to spend more on public works outside Bangkok? Won't the school children be very confused?

Battling inequality means making all people equal under the law - not allowing the police to frame innocent people to protect mafia, wealthy businessmen, rogue cops and corrupt politicians.

Get cracking right now and don't make any more fatuous public statements until you have finished.