Thai Visa Members Golf Day

ThaiPauly

This has been muted before..but never really came to anything, lots of interest though, so I thought I would try and resurect it.

I am crap at golf and I suspect many of you may not be much better...and a few of you who are pretty handy. But after watching THE OPEN on TV over the last few days, now is the time to go for it with renewed vigour.

I would like to suggest we play at the Gymkhana Club (as it is an easy and inexpensive course) with a provisional date of 17th /18 th September, that will give everyone who is keen no excuses not to be there. Bring a freind (or freinds) by all means, why not..the more the merrier.

My only handicap is my actual game :o so nobody can be any worse than me.

Soooooooooooo if you are interested please sign in and we will co-ordinate times and finalise dates in September

Fooooooooooooooore :D

TP :D

Bit like your Avitar Mate..well we all know its not really your Avitar it IS actually YOU.....so I would say you would be pretty impressed.

As an aside I went with my Son and his freind to watch them paly at one of the TOP clubs in BK last week..5,000 Baht a pop and these included caddies that a Man just relaesed from prison after a life term would be banging on the gates to let him back in once he set eyes on them.

Just get one of the bloke Caddies then you won't be dissappointed Mate

Edited by ThaiPauly

Clubs yes..Carts..course is only nine holes, no tracks for buggies, its a good old walk with plenty of shade.

PS Chuchock....the tottie is in the clubhouse..but keep it quiet... also quite a few fitties playing the course themselves, I am sure they could benefit from learning the "Crush swing tequnique" that you relentlessly practice on unsuspectaing waifs!!!!

If you set up a game for late November I'd be interested TP... I'm planning a return visit to CM about then.

:D

And I'm a regular winner of the NAGA award... so don't expect any Tiger Woods shots from me...

:o

Wee'll be playing every WEEK by November JD, (Wont we guys)???? so we will fit a day round your visit and I am sure it will be a very presurable day.

PS what does NAGA stand for? "Not Another Ghastly Attempt????"

Ha Ha

Edited by ThaiPauly

Wee'll be playing every WEEK by November JD, (Wont we guys)???? so we will fit a day round your visit and I am sure it will be a very presurable day.

PS what does NAGA stand for? "Not Another Ghastly Attempt????"

Ha Ha

Hi Teepee.

NAGA..............."Not A Golfers Ar-sole"

Regards,

Your mate,

Blinky Bill. :o

If you set up a game for late November I'd be interested TP... I'm planning a return visit to CM about then.

:D

And I'm a regular winner of the NAGA award... so don't expect any Tiger Woods shots from me...

:o

Mate

I typically win the Donald Bradman trophy. Usually with a double century, I cheat, I only count the ones I actually hit. I reckon I would do better picking up the ball and throwing it, probably quicker too.

I don't play golf any more in deference to the poor souls who have to follow me around the paddock.

Oi, Chuchock, have you got the thought of butt-ugly caddoes out of your mind enough yet to commit to this :D

Tywais....as I recall the last time this was brought up you showed a level of interest

And surely UG...you would not miss out on a chance to have a swing with your mates on the forum would you? Majoe Man and Blinky Bill, surely a walk in the park chasing some small balls around won't would do you no harm?

Chancho..you have that Ernie Else look about you...come on down.. A Man of STEELE

Then ther is Kerryd ...you have not got much else to do right now..keeps your mind focussed, you are doing so well without the weed, time to see how much more health and strength you have attained as a result

Dustoff..I am waiting for you........you can be my playing partner (watch my back)

So come on guys lets get some poitive feedback coming in here :D

I know who will come last...ME...so don't worry about your standard, my clubs are so old I think they used to belong to Old Tom Morris and are mostly held together with "Woodfix" :D

I'll even give away my signed reteif Goosen cap to the winner.. can't say "father thwn thawt"

I'm right I CAN'T say Fairer Than That" :o

TEEPEE

Oi, Chuchock, have you got the thought of butt-ugly caddoes out of your mind enough yet to commit to this :D

Tywais....as I recall the last time this was brought up you showed a level of interest

And surely UG...you would not miss out on a chance to have a swing with your mates on the forum would you? Majoe Man and Blinky Bill, surely a walk in the park chasing some small balls around won't would do you no harm?

Chancho..you have that Ernie Else look about you...come on down.. A Man of STEELE

Then ther is Kerryd ...you have not got much else to do right now..keeps your mind focussed, you are doing so well without the weed, time to see how much more health and strength you have attained as a result

Dustoff..I am waiting for you........you can be my playing partner (watch my back)

So come on guys lets get some poitive feedback coming in here :D

I know who will come last...ME...so don't worry about your standard, my clubs are so old I think they used to belong to Old Tom Morris and are mostly held together with "Woodfix" :D

I'll even give away my signed reteif Goosen cap to the winner.. can't say "father thwn thawt"

I'm right I CAN'T say Fairer Than That" :o

TEEPEE

Would if I could but can't so I won't. Presently stuck in one of the worlds biggest sand bunkers, Saudi.

I have fond memories of winning the Gymkhana Club Annual Match Play competition back about 1993-4. Used to play 3-4 times a week back then but now it's about 3-4 times a year.

BB.

My personal list of boreing sports: 1 - winter-olympics. 2 - golf. 3 - all the other sport events they show on TV ...

So when you aren't watching the boring sports that are shown on TV maybe you could spend the time learning to spell..........................

I could be up for that, TP; although September time may be a tad wet. Could always skip the hacking bit and head straight for the boozer. :D

Yep I'm keen TP,but I might just do as jackr suggests...straight for the 19th...or errr..the 10th. :o

Yep I'm keen TP,but I might just do as jackr suggests...straight for the 19th...or errr..the 10th

Why am i not surprised by that big guy? :o BTW i'll be up sometime in the first 2 weeks of October. Haven't played for years. Was never really good anyway. But i'll be up for a round or two and then a game of golf. :D:D

As long as i can hire clubs.

My personal list of boreing sports: 1 - winter-olympics. 2 - golf. 3 - all the other sport events they show on TV ...

So when you aren't watching the boring sports that are shown on TV maybe you could spend the time learning to spell..........................

Actually, I don't watch sports on TV ... However, as long as I manage to make myself understandable for even the average, native English speaking highschool dropout - I don't care if my English spelling - or even my English grammar - should contain a few errors ...

These days, I'm more concerned about making myself understandable to the local communities, I'm trying to learn to cope with.

As for your stupid spelling remark, Mr. Bikini Bill - you've put yourself on my ignore list.

Actually, I don't watch sports on TV ... However, as long as I manage to make myself understandable for even the average, native English speaking highschool dropout - I don't care if my English spelling - or even my English grammar - should contain a few errors ...

These days, I'm more concerned about making myself understandable to the local communities, I'm trying to learn to cope with.

As for your stupid spelling remark, Mr. Bikini Bill - you've put yourself on my ignore list.

I'm shattered Rishi.....And surely you could create a name more derogatory than Bikini Bill.

... I didn't create it - Thai Poorly did, about a year ago ...

Yes I remember Tie Poor Lee thought it up a while ago that's why I thought you might have been able to create something new. Never mind though, I am trying to think of something myself although it's a bit difficult without alcohol to stimulate the mind. Also the thin air here at over 7,000 ft in the southwest of Saudi doesn't help either.

But anyway back to the golf. Should be a fun day like any golf day. Hit a lot of bad shots then surprise yourself and your playing partners by hitting a good one. Makes it all worthwhile and then listen to all the bullshit at the 19th about what great shots were played and who had the prettiest (preferably female) caddy, etc., etc.

Now now girls. :o

Rishi, why don't you come along, you don't have to play a round, just buy us a round. :D Boring or no boring, it's all about the fresh air and the birds. :D

Yes I remember Tie Poor Lee thought it up a while ago that's why I thought you might have been able to create something new.

I did improve it by adding a 'Mr.' in front of it - or not?

Yes I remember Tie Poor Lee thought it up a while ago that's why I thought you might have been able to create something new.

:o Enough name calling..back to the Golf Day...how on earth did I get involved in all this

Tie Poor Lee :D

:o Enough name calling..back to the Golf Day...how on earth did I get involved in all this

HI TP,

If I'm not working count me in.

Cheers

Mike

HI TP,

If I'm not working count me in.

Cheers

Mike

MickMac.... YOU are a person I am really looking forward to meeting :D

regards

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I will be moving to Chiang Mai next week and I love to golf. I am terrible ( 28 handicap) but love to play. I have been stuck in Korea for the past year with 18 holes of golf running around $200 on the cheap end ! PM me or post if you want to hit the links in the next couple of weeks

Terry

If we are gonna do this I think we should shoot for sometime in October, its very wet right now, raining every day.

Would be very good to try and tie it in with some TV Members from outside of CM coming along

Someone want to suggest a date?

I would suggest using the Gymkhana Club as it is the perfect venue for cr*p golfers like me, but that is not to say you can't choose another venue.

Yeah, somewhere towards the end of October will be the best bet regards the weather - Friday Oct 27th?

Gymkhana fine with me, TP.

Quick knock with tinnies hidden in golf sock, in the clubhouse for a few, browse CM's highlights... anyone?