England games

Mooner

I saw the second one on GMM something.

Don't know about the language issue though.

You can get them on ITV Player with a VPN though, they're on ITV One I believe.

ITV? That would mean Chiles???? Rather listen to Thai then......unless he shouts Wassupppp at Keano and gets deckedlaugh.png (you have to read the book to get that one!)wink.png

• Like 1

I.made the huge mistake of reading keanes first auto bio' shockingly dull and from that and the clips ive heard quoted i.won't be reading the second, not signing a player cos of his answer phone message ,,, really ??,,,, the guys a f uc kin g p ri.ck

I.made the huge mistake of reading keanes first auto bio' shockingly dull and from that and the clips ive heard quoted i.won't be reading the second, not signing a player cos of his answer phone message ,,, really ??,,,, the guys a f uc kin g p ri.ck

If Savage was a proper talent he could have had the Crazy Frog on his phone message Keane would have signed him. Think you need to take that with a pinch of salt.

Whatever you think of Roy Keane, his no holds barred tell it like it is read is entertaining and surely insightful for a footy fan. I enjoyed the first book and will definitely be reading the second one.

If Savage was a proper talent he could have had the Crazy Frog on his phone message Keane would have signed him. Think you need to take that with a pinch of salt.

Whatever you think of Roy Keane, his no holds barred tell it like it is read is entertaining and surely insightful for a footy fan. I enjoyed the first book and will definitely be reading the second one.

what i've read of the second one so far it sounds like being great fun. someone finally telling the ferguson stuff like it actually is/was and it's his former captain doing it. lovely stuff.

• Like 1

what i've read of the second one so far it sounds like being great fun. someone finally telling the ferguson stuff like it actually is/was and it's his former captain doing it. lovely stuff.

I think that is the part that intrigues me the most (Fergie), it's like grassing a mafia boss to the world

the full transcript of his interview yesterday is cracking stuff.

Roy Keane: the stuff Alex Ferguson fed the press was lies, basic lies

At the launch of his new book, Roy Keane discusses Sir Alex Ferguson, Alf Inge Haaland, Twitter, Rock of Gibraltar and Abba

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/09/roy-keane-book-manchester-united-alex-ferguson

You have said people were telling “a pack of lies” about you. Is there anything in particular that has hurt you?

I’m not going to start giving you names. I’m not going into every detail. But, in general, lies. Ex-team-mates; I’m pretty sure you know who I’m talking about.

In your book you talk about Ferguson coming to see you after Manchester United had beaten Sunderland and telling you to ring him about a loan deal for Jonny Evans – and that it was the first time he had shown you any affection. That suggests the relationship, in your mind, could have been healed

Don’t think he gave us Jonny for nothing. There was a pretty big loan fee involved. That was the time, OK, I felt: ‘Oh, right, maybe …’ but maybe I was wrong, maybe that was just business.

But there has been other stuff since?

Of course. There’s been plenty of stuff going on. You have to defend yourself. A lot of people are sitting around here and people are frightened of him. You [journalists] can’t go against him because you’ll never be allowed to speak to him again but, thank God, I don’t have them problems. Why do people let him get away with that? People sit back and are frightened to death of him.

It’s interesting you’re the only person who has come anywhere near to addressing the Rock of Gibraltar issue.

I’m not looking for plaudits for that. I didn’t go into see him about that. It was actually about my last book. I was giving him a chapter of that and it came up in conversation. I didn’t go into his room saying: ‘I think this is wrong’. That was just a conversation you have with a manager, particularly when you are a senior player. It wasn’t me going in and saying: ‘Listen, you need to have a look at yourself’. It was: ‘Listen, I’ve been told you’re not going to win this’. It wasn’t a case of me sticking my nose in someone’s business. I was in his office and if people think I was in his office every week having little chats, they’re sadly mistaken. I reckon there was five, six situations in 12 and a bit years I actually had a one-to-one with him.

Was there ever a time when you were afraid of Ferguson?

[Looks disgusted] Afraid of him?

You talk of people being afraid of him.

Yeah, yeah, I mean the media.

Are football managers?

I think a lot of managers would probably be intimidated by him, probably bow to him. I think a lot of managers are heavily influenced by him of course. [Roberto] Martínez reckons he was misquoted a few years ago when he said Ferguson had his disciples but he obviously does. When a manager takes players away from being on loan – I think it was Preston – when his son [Darren] got the sack. And, all of a sudden, all the players [from Stoke City, when Tony Pulis was manager] are being brought back from their loans.

Did you try to address what Ferguson said about you in his book?

I didn’t read his book.

He said your tongue was the hardest part of your body?

Well, what do you think?

I’ve never been kicked by you.

I kick pretty hard. It was a cheap dig. He was never critical when we were winning trophies and he was getting his new contracts, getting this and that named after him – Sir this, and whatever else. He was not pulling me or other players, saying: ‘Listen, you need to relax a bit.’ That was the game and I appreciate the game. The game finished, and we finished, but it was all the carry-on afterwards.

Did you get an invitation to the unveiling of Ferguson’s statue? All the other great ex-United players were and turned up.

I think I did, yeah, but I don’t think he invited me. It was probably his committee, or his son, or whatever, but why would I go to that? That was all power and control to him.

Ruud van Nistelrooy went.

But I’m not Ruud van Nistelrooy.

But he fell out with him badly too.

Not as badly as me.

But was Ferguson inviting you not a conciliatory gesture?

No, no, don’t …

Power and control, you say?

Yeah … so he comes in and we’re all standing there [gesturing sycophantic applause] and he’s: ‘I’ve got you where I want you.’

Has it been hard work being Roy Keane? Do you like yourself now?

That’s a bit heavy, isn’t it? I’m contented and comfortable with who I am … Jesus!

Have you seen Alf Inge Haaland’s response?

I played against him, I know what he’s like.

So what’s he like to play against?

[Long pause] Weak.

Mentally?

Everything. [Long pause] Average player.

You say “sneaky” in the book.

Sneaky? That’s being polite. What did he say? What was his response then?

It was on Twitter, about your beard.

On Twitter? I’ll say no more.

Will you ever forgive Ferguson?

Good question. I’m not sure. Football is a small world and eventually you will cross paths with people again. The problem, I suppose, I had is that when you have worked with somebody for such a long time – and obviously we had our disagreements and I departed, and I have no problems with that, it’s fine. It’s afterwards when people start coming out with all sorts of nonsense.

For Alex Ferguson, not just to criticise myself, but other players who were part of a team that brought some good days to lots of supporters … for him to criticise that when you think of what he made out of it. He made millions of pounds out of it. He got his statues. He got his stand named after him. To come back and criticise … I wasn’t too bothered about myself, but to criticise people who brought him success was just ridiculous. Will I ever forgive him? I don’t know. The stuff that has been said about me over the years, even from ex-team-mates, is a pack of lies, just lies and lies and lies and sometimes you just say: ‘Listen, I have to get up and say something myself and defend myself a little bit.’ Hopefully the book will reflect that. A lot of stuff I let go – lots of stuff I let go – but eventually you have to go: ‘Nah, nah, enough’s enough’. The lads at Man United were absolutely fantastic. They were great, great lads. Just because there were disagreements – obviously my situation with Peter [schmeichel], which again was highlighted in the book – the days I had with them lads at United were probably the best days of my life. They were absolutely fantastic lads and we were winning trophies. So for people to try to tarnish that and have little digs, that’s why you have to come out fighting.

In 2005, when Ferguson said it had come to an end, you agreed with that. Can you explain why?

It’s quite hard to explain. I just knew. There was a lot of nonsense and propaganda coming out from United about this leaked [MUTV] video. They were quite happy to let that come out. They’d just been knocked out of the Champions League. There was a disagreement about the video but it was just nonsense. None of the players had an issue about it except Ferguson and [Carlos] Queiroz and they had already made up their minds about me anyway.

That wasn’t the issue. It was afterwards. When people are telling tales about me, saying this and that. It was the way it was handled, the statements and stuff coming out about me. I’m pretty sure I know the source of where it was coming from. Obviously Ferguson had friends in the media. There are a few of them here today. I can spot them a mile away. He was pals with them and he put little snippets about me out there. It was lies, basic lies. So I had to come out and say ‘listen …’ and now is the time. I had to bide my time and I’ve waited long enough, so there you go.

You didn’t look impressed by José Mourinho trying to shake your hand the other week?

No, because the game is still going on.

Why did he do it? Was it him after power too?

I don’t mind all that but the game is still going on. It’s disgraceful. I’ve seen him doing it to other managers; it is a disgrace. The game is still going on. You wouldn’t do that on a Sunday morning, you would get knocked out.

Disrespectful then? Arrogant?

What do you think? That’s a stupid question.

Does football still have its culture of what stays in the dressing room stays in the dressing room?

Probably not. It’s part of the industry now that what goes on in dressing rooms will eventually leak out. For example, I look at some teams now and they get a good result and the players in dressing rooms are all on Twitter and this carry-on. And they lost the previous 10. I think it’s OK if you’ve won the title and you’re entitled to celebrate. But the game is changing. I don’t miss the carry-on with some of the lads now. There is a lack of characters and good lads out there.

You are candid about your drinking earlier in your career. How many of your rows were due to drink or just the rage inside?

I think lots of young people – probably young Irish people and players – you do get involved in all that. When I was playing League of Ireland that was part of the show. When I was at Cobh straight after a match you went for a few pints. So I never felt that was wrong. But as you get a bit older, you pick up injuries, you get speaking to foreign players, you think maybe that’s not the way to be going, out and about, gallivanting. I think it’s great now and I would not change it. But if I was 19 years of age and someone said to me after a game that you best go home to eat some carbohydrates for fuel for the next week I’d be like: ‘ hell, you need locking up, I’m going out.’

You were supportive of David Moyes, saying he had a weak dressing room?

He did, yeah.

Did he inherit an inferior squad?

There were certainly circumstances when he took over. You’re still taking over a good team but what you don’t need, and Man United were always pretty good at it, was that uncertainty there was obviously with [Nemanja] Vidic, Rio [Ferdinand], [Patrice] Evra, Giggsy [Ryan Giggs] coming to the end, so all that stuff didn’t help. What you need in football, more than anything else, is a couple of victories, some momentum and they never seemed to get that. I was going to Old Trafford and there was a lot of negativity around.

They got no momentum and it was as if David Moyes was snookered from the first few weeks. That negativity can get into the dressing room and that’s why I felt it was a weak dressing room. They should have dealt with that and the players should have done better. Whatever has gone on – the politics, managers leaving, lack of players coming in – they should have done better and they did let him down, without a shadow of a doubt.

Finally Roy, if Dancing Queen by Abba is the wrong song for the dressing room, what’s the right song?

Strangely enough, the music didn’t bother me in terms of getting motivated. So I don’t think I have a song that I could throw at you that would get me going. But I don’t think it would be Abba.

Hang about, your first single was Karma Chameleon?

[Pointing angrily] I was 12!

Edited by StevieH
  • Like 2

You can read????......Not sure I believe that, given your lack of literacy skills. If you really do read books, why do you find it so difficult to write in adult English?biggrin.png (to give you a start; you don't need a full stop after a capital I, but an apostrophe in I've is normally a good idea!)laugh.png Eedjit.

You can read????......Not sure I believe that, given your lack of literacy skills. If you really do read books, why do you find it so difficult to write in adult English?biggrin.png (to give you a start; you don't need a full stop after a capital I, but an apostrophe in I've is normally a good idea!)laugh.png Eedjit.

Alright Mr. Picky, enough of that pettiness.

• Like 1

^Can't help it matebiggrin.png Babysitting tonight, and I use his 'quotes' to teach my 7 yr old....Little guy is getting good. He picked out the ones mentioned straight away...Not bad for a Luk Khrueng? Who would think that TV could be an educational tool?clap2.gif

Anyway, he talks b.ollox most of the time anyway...when you can decipher his Tinglish!

shut the f up we willy.

actually dont, as your the supposed language expert show me/us something you've written thats had acclaim or been performed by others , or

forever shut the fuc up,,,.

^ Talk about proving a pointclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif ps....doubt I'll show that one to the little fella.....probably put him off English for lifetongue.png

Don't take it to heart lad....you're normally blocked. Only bring you out when I'm babysitting and teaching the boy what to say and what not to say......That's why you're only pulled occasionallytongue.png

Seriously though lad.....take some effin lessons, you are an embarrassmentsad.png

Edited by wilai

Listen u opinionated c--nt, IMO, note the IMO not something u seem to observe much, 4 me language is about getting a message a x, if thats something u fail to grasp, than thats your issue

Oh still waiting for the piece of written work to back up your rather large coarse northern gob!!!!

^ Talk about proving a pointclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif ps....doubt I'll show that one to the little fella.....probably put him off English for lifetongue.png

And if u want to be pedantic gobby northern boy its acceptable 2 use clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif ps ..... ^ .tongue.png to get your message a x

w00t.gif

And if u want to be pedantic gobby northern boy its acceptable 2 use clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif ps ..... ^ .tongue.png to get your message a x

w00t.gif

Congrat's southern shandy drinking [deleted]....even I can't decipher that onebiggrin.png

^^Doubt Eedjit's comment is aimed at you Kurt....although I can see why anyone would be confused by his utteringswink.png

I know he has me on ignore because he was scared he couldn't control his sexual desires with me ! That is all in the past ,what I'm saying is we all move on & forget the petty things that disrupt our community ,be more constructive like Carmine ,StevieH ,Longstebe et al .Peace.wai2.gif

• Like 2

shut the f up we willy.

actually dont, as your the supposed language expert show me/us something you've written thats had acclaim or been performed by others , or

forever shut the fuc up,,,.

you missed the apostrophe in don't. and in that's. but then having been in a straitjacket myself too i appreciate that it is quite hard to type with your nose. carry on.

• Like 2

w00t.gif

Congrat's southern shandy drinking [deleted]....even I can't decipher that onebiggrin.png

thats probably because your a bulk average culturless thick northern . (deleted)

Edited by mrbojangles
Please don't try to avoid the profanity filter