England games

Mooner

Giggs made his debut at 17

And take a look at his appearances early doors he was ever present.in fact Fergie protected Giggs at the end of his career not the start.

For Wales????? You're having a laugh Dr Redthumbsup.gif

"There is no getting away from the fact that Giggs played in his first friendly for his nation at home to Finland in March 2000 – nine years after his international debut.

His only away friendly ever was against Brazil, and that was played at White Hart Lane. It seemed as if Giggs couldn’t wait to retire from international duty, and ultimately he did it with unseemly haste at the very first opportunity.

The length of time he went on for United at the very top of the game only exemplifies that.

Giggs stopped playing for Wales seven years before he retired from playing for United. Just think what part he could have played during that time helping guide the young players coming through or leading by example."

Passion eh?laugh.png

Edited by wilai
  • Like 1

As reasonable argument as i've seen put forward and really he should know what he's talking about.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/paul-scholes-column-i-do-not-blame-roy-hodgson-one-bit-he-does-his-best-to-win-qualifiers-for-england--and-look-after-his-players-9794646.html

has there been any current pro's, come out in favor of this 2 day rest for young players?

As reasonable argument as i've seen put forward and really he should know what he's talking about.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/paul-scholes-column-i-do-not-blame-roy-hodgson-one-bit-he-does-his-best-to-win-qualifiers-for-england--and-look-after-his-players-9794646.html

has there been any current pro's, come out in favor of this 2 day rest for young players?

Yeah rightbiggrin.png

B0ATuoUCUAABy2D.jpg

• Like 1

]

l

I take that as a,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, no w00t.gif

Without checking back, I recall that Lampard & Ferdinand have voiced their support for Sterling's position.

Perhaps you could provide quotes of 'current pro's' who have come out against? I personally doubt it but the ball's in your court lad. Look forward to you providing the infowhistling.gif

Oh and by the way....Paul Scholes has actually retired so he doesn't count ok?laugh.png

Here is a recent comment from Rio....“With more rest at the right times throughout seasons, Rooney would have gone into tournaments for England fresher. Same could be said of Gerrard, Lampard, JT, A.Cole myself – all too proud to sit out of training or a match with the bigger picture in mind.”

Edited by wilai
  • Like 1

a player banned for forgetting a drug test, recently dropped from the england set up, who until recently considers that he still should be in england team, imo is hardly likely to be giving a reliable balanced view especially when it means endorsing the manager that dropped him. but carry on. hardly enuf to change current opinion, that one game a week then training for 4 ? hours a day is too much for a 19 yr old elite football player to manage ,,, cant c it .and if hodgson has it proved to him that 2 days off for 19 year old after a game will benefit the england team, i'm sure he'll respond accordingly but as yet, seems all barring liverpool fans oh i forgot rio,,,,,remain unconvinced.

a player banned for forgetting a drug test, recently dropped from the england set up, who until recently considers that he still should be in england team, imo is hardly likely to be giving a reliable balanced view especially when it means endorsing the manager that dropped him. but carry on. hardly enuf to change current opinion, that one game a week then training for 4 ? hours a day is too much for a 19 yr old elite football player to manage ,,, cant c it .and if hodgson has it proved to him that 2 days off for 19 year old after a game will benefit the england team, i'm sure he'll respond accordingly but as yet, seems all barring liverpool fans oh i forgot rio,,,,,remain unconvinced.

"he'll respond accordingly".

no he won't because he's a horrible bitter old <deleted> who despite all the massive evidence to the contrary genuinely sees himself as an elite level manager who knows more than everybody else.

• Like 1

]

l

I take that as a,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, no w00t.gif

Without checking back, I recall that Lampard & Ferdinand have voiced their support for Sterling's position.

Perhaps you could provide quotes of 'current pro's' who have come out against? I personally doubt it but the ball's in your court lad. Look forward to you providing the infowhistling.gif

Oh and by the way....Paul Scholes has actually retired so he doesn't count ok?laugh.png

Here is a recent comment from Rio....“With more rest at the right times throughout seasons, Rooney would have gone into tournaments for England fresher. Same could be said of Gerrard, Lampard, JT, A.Cole myself – all too proud to sit out of training or a match with the bigger picture in mind.”

I take that as a.........................no you can't! You've been merked son(as Rio would have put it)w00t.gif

Bring the boot room back hey lads....those where the days!

You won everything then.

Could you imagine Raheemed telling Shanks "i am tired" ...no never in month of Sundays hahaha!!!"

oh definitely not. but then i can't imagine raheem sterling lighting up a ciggie at half-time either like half of shanks's players did back then.

^^ He'd have a job.....Shanks has been dead for over 30 years. Take it you've no further comment on Giggsy's 'Passion' for Wales then? Thought not!..........Mind you, by his own admission, he did Miss Wales for a whilebiggrin.png

BTW we didn't actually win that much under Shanks....and we never played on Sundays eithersmile.png

Edited by wilai

still dont see many pro's.ex pro's current managers or ex.managers or fans come to that barring liverpool fans, saying its accceptable and good for the game that a 19 year old after playing one game a week over a 4 ish mnth. period asks not to play for his country because they are tired.

^ Still waiting for you to provide names of all these "current pro's' who disagree with the 2 day 'recovery period'......Beginning to suspect there aren't any. Come on laddie, prove me wrongtongue.pnglaugh.png

I did my bit....so you do yoursbiggrin.png

Edited by wilai

"acceptable". "good for the game". what the hell are you on about man?

the lad said he was tired. he should know eh? and the walls didn't come tumbling down. and hodgson's england limped to a win with another clueless and witless performance against another minor nation. and look what everybody is talking about.

^ Hey Stevie....don't forget who was responsible for creating the goal! Even knackered or whatever, he still had more of an influence on the game than most of the otherssmile.png

For Owl face to hang him out to dry was criminal and I really hope BR lays into the luddite in his press conference today/tomorrow. Screw diplomacy. Let's get the dinosaur out of English football....'tis the only chance the National team have got! Everyone (even England) are now beating the Swiss so maybe he can go back there?

Edited by wilai

you've done your bit,clap2.gifyeah right a scorned player that had been recently dropped by the manager in question,,

shearer scholes hodgson have all come out saying there's little or no evidence substantiating 2 days rest

put that , next to one presumes all other sports scientists that work with other clubs that haven't implemented it

and put that alongside most fans thinking there's no need, makes a fairly substantial argument,

but we're used to Liverpool fans blinkered bias,

Quote from Eedjit: "shearer scholes hodgson have all come out saying there's little or no evidence substantiating 2 days rest"

Sorry lad, but which of the above are 'current pro's', as that was the question you were asked?..... In response to your own utterings.

You were given examples (including Lampard, whom you appear to have forgotten) but when the question was reciprocated, (definition supplied as the word is probably above your pay gradewink.png [respond to (a gesture or action) by making a corresponding one.]).....you have failed miserably to provide any evidence yourself.

Do you actually understand the meaning of the word current?..... As it was you that first used it in post#62, I assumed that you did.....However, it appears not. So either provide a sensible answer to the question, or walk away with good grace knowing that (yet again), you have been owned/hung by your own petard....Take your picklaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Quote from Eedjit: "shearer scholes hodgson have all come out saying there's little or no evidence substantiating 2 days rest"

Sorry lad, but which of the above are 'current pro's', as that was the question you were asked?..... In response to your own utterings.

You were given examples (including Lampard, whom you appear to have forgotten) but when the question was reciprocated, (definition supplied as the word is probably above your pay gradewink.png [respond to (a gesture or action) by making a corresponding one.]).....you have failed miserably to provide any evidence yourself.

Do you actually understand the meaning of the word current?..... As it was you that first used it in post#62, I assumed that you did.....However, it appears not. So either provide a sensible answer to the question, or walk away with good grace knowing that (yet again), you have been owned/hung by your own petard....Take your picklaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

What has changed since shearer and scholes played?

In fact Scholes is probably more qualified to complain than Sterling, at least they qualified for Europe every year.

whistling.giftongue.png

^eh? Scholesy wasnt even in <21s at Sterlings age.....in fact AFAIK he never played <21 but started for England when he was 22....ergo not more qualified to talk about a 19 year old than the lad himself. Sorry Chiqs you are well wrong on that onewhistling.gifwhistling.giftongue.pngtongue.png

and as for this crap from Eedjit....."and put that alongside most fans thinking there's no need, makes a fairly substantial argument, but we're used to Liverpool fans blinkered bias"

Here is the current Mirror poll!...... Looks like you are wrong again ladtongue.png tongue.png tongue.png tongue.png

Who is at fault for the Raheem Sterling 'tired' issue?

• Brendan Rodgers - 14%
  • Roy Hodgson - 60%
  • Both managers - 19%
  • Sterling himself - 7%

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-news-transfers-divock-origi-4445718#ixzz3GJaI8XBB
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Edited by wilai

and as for this crap from Eedjit....."and put that alongside most fans thinking there's no need, makes a fairly substantial argument, but we're used to Liverpool fans blinkered bias"

Here is the current Mirror poll!...... Looks like you are wrong again ladtongue.png tongue.png tongue.png tongue.png

Who is at fault for the Raheem Sterling 'tired' issue?

• Brendan Rodgers - 14%
  • Roy Hodgson - 60%
  • Both managers - 19%
  • Sterling himself - 7%

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-news-transfers-divock-origi-4445718#ixzz3GJaI8XBB

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

the daily mirror cheesy.gif

^ Doesn't make any difference where it's from sunshine.....it's a poll, voted for by individual fans nationwide, and it demonstrates, once again, that you haven't a clue what you're talking about. I take it you have given up on your search for 'current pro's' so it is back to room 101 for you bud...until my kid fancies another lesson in how to not write in English......Byeeclap2.gif