England games

Mooner

Needed that first goal to raise the stakes, otherwise that game could have sunk into the abyss. England looked effective enough in attack once they raised the tempo.

Jagielka looks suspect at the back.

Needed that first goal to raise the stakes, otherwise that game could have sunk into the abyss. England looked effective enough in attack once they raised the tempo.

Jagielka looks suspect at the back.

Jagielka is not an international standard center back. Sadly theres no one better to fill his boots.

Neither Jagielka or Cahill are good enough for international level, and by that I mean playing against good international teams and not the bunch of rubbing rags who are in England's current group. Balotelli and a far from fit Suarez showed us that in the World Cup. I think there was a general feeling among those at the top of the FA coaching hierarchy that Jones and Smalling would develop at Man Utd and also for England. This looks a forlorn hope, for many well known reasons. Let's hope the like of Stones, Chambers, Dier and Wisdom turn out better than what we have at the moment. Too many defenders are given good press in this country for what they do in the opposition half of the field; Leighton Baines being the prime example. Priority number one is defending; anything else is a bonus.

You should post more often mate.

• Like 1

Let's see if Woy will take the pi$$ out of Arsene and field 6 Arsenal players against Scotland laugh.png

Any statisticians out there can say when was the last time an England team comprised over half from one club?

[i'm guessing that Wilshere and possibly Gibbs will be rested though (I'll bet Arsene's already whispered that rather loudly in his ear). Wellbeck will be champing at the bit to start, Ox is a no brainer (Sterling has no doubt already asked for a long lie intongue.png), Theo will possibly get a bit part. If he uses Chambers I hope it's at CB].

Oh for the days when these fixtures meant something. Did ya' know it is the oldest international game in the history of the beautiful game, first played in 1872 at Hamilton Crescent, Glasgow (per Wiki). Agree with Chic though - stupid timing

Edited by SantiSuk

Seriously doubt Welbeck will play; Berahino will get his debut. Forster will play at his old club ground and changes aplenty elsewhere; watch out for Barklay. There will be a liberal use of substitutions which will probably ruin the second half. In terms of international experience this game doesn't offer up much of a different challenge.

Let's see if Woy will take the pi$$ out of Arsene and field 6 Arsenal players against Scotland laugh.png

Any statisticians out there can say when was the last time an England team comprised over half from one club?

[i'm guessing that Wilshere and possibly Gibbs will be rested though (I'll bet Arsene's already whispered that rather loudly in his ear). Wellbeck will be champing at the bit to start, Ox is a no brainer (Sterling has no doubt already asked for a long lie intongue.png), Theo will possibly get a bit part. If he uses Chambers I hope it's at CB].

Oh for the days when these fixtures meant something. Did ya' know it is the oldest international game in the history of the beautiful game, first played in 1872 at Hamilton Crescent, Glasgow (per Wiki). Agree with Chic though - stupid timing

England/Liverpool v Luxembourg when Ron Greenwood was manager: 8/11. Not very successful.

Wonder how many subs they are goung to be able to use?. Personally i hope we dont change to much around and start with our strongest team i know theres nothing riding on it but its scotland <deleted> and always nice to give them a hammering!!!. Oh and would luv to see wallcott get some time or even start his pace has been a miss.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Big up for "police intelligence".

English football hooligans are planning to travel to Glasgow for the friendly international against Scotland, according to police intelligence.

Bloody hell, who saw that coming?

w00t.gif

Give us some morris dancing in George Square ya big jessies! :D

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Scotland won tonight

The desire for a win will certainly be there in one of the teams.

yeah, just another small game for the England team rolleyes.gif

I hope you're in tears at the end Rij.......crying into your little flag and spilling your coco pops all over your pyjamas.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Scotland won tonight

The desire for a win will certainly be there in one of the teams.

yeah, just another small game for the England team rolleyes.gif

I hope you're in tears at the end Rij.......crying into your little flag and spilling your coco pops all over your pyjamas.

dont be crying on your kilt scots boy when you lose, But really, us playing a game against a footballing minnow aint such a big dealbiggrin.png , we'll probably put our third team out and maybe make a game of it..clap2.gif

Edited by rijit