Bangkok Airways mulls Macau-Koh Samui route

PoorSucker

Interesting!!!

I go to Macau every now and again, but use Air Asia, and although cheap... it is always a mission to get there and back in the shortest time possible.

If Bangkok Air can do a return flight for around 10,000 Baht I am in!! But I am not holding my breath.

If Bangkok Air can do a return flight for around 10,000 Baht I am in!! But I am not holding my breath.

I doubt they would under cut the price of the USM -> HKG flights so you will be looking at double that.

I have flown USM -> HKG and arrived in time to catch one of the few ferries that run from the airport direct to Macau, it added about 3 hours to the trip (because the ferry was running 45 minutes late) but I didn't have to clear immigration in Hong Kong. So I am not sure how much Bangkok Air would gain with the extra route (and having to drop a flight out of Samui to somewhere else since they are at the 36 flight per day limit).

Interestingly enough Hong Kong is 16655 THB return (27th-31st Oct) and it is 30 miles further than Macau. So if they do a good promotion, then you never know.

That price is shockingly expensive anyway. A realistic figure would be 6500 baht return. Its just an obscene rip off.

People who fly from Samui to Macau go there for a reason, and possibly one reason only, so whether its 17,000 or 20,000 it doesn't really matter. There are enough people who are not short of a Baht or two....

Or you can go to Surat and fly to BKK on a low cost airline and then from BKK you have several choices.

Will try it at least once.....never been to Macau before, so great alternative for a long weekend.

I thought their excuse was that the USM already is over capacity and also there's restrictions on amount of flights per day due to "environmental concerns".

But they're still able to add new routes at a whim, while landing capacity is always "full" for other airlines.

It's low season and with all of the negative press at the moment......

.........they are not running at capacity at the moment. All Bandit Airways has to do is to replace a USM BKK USM route with one to Macau.

Maybe the people who visit Macau will come to Samui for the buffalo or cock fighting? whistling.gif