Three Myanmar witnesses are to testify in advance on Koh Tao murder case

webfact

Three Myanmar witnesses are to testify in advance on Koh Tao murder case

10-9-2014-10-18-22-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Three Myanmar witnesses in Koh Tao murder of two British tourists will be brought before the court probably next week to testify in advance before the start of the trial.

Pol Maj-Gen Apichart Boonsriroj, commander of Surat Thani provincial police, said today (Thursday) that the three Myanmar migrant workers were under the care of the police and the public prosecutor had been asked to seek the court’s permission to bring the three witnesses to testify in advance.

The murder case file has already been submitted to the prosecutor by the police and is now being scrutinized by the prosecutor whether the case was strong enough or not or whether more evidences would be required.

Two Myanmar migrant workers, Win and Saw Ein, both 21, have been arrested and charged with the murder of two backpackers on Koh Tao’s Rin beach on September 15.

(Photo : ThaiPBS file)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/three-myanmar-witnesses-testify-advance-koh-tao-murder-case/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-10-10

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What concerns me more now is that the RTP have lost so much face in this case, that dna could be planted into any dna samples. RTP cannot be wrong anymore.

With all the bruises these guys have on their bodies, it is easy to swab here and there and add it to the evidence. Just sayin'. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

How can you testify in advance , when the court isn't sitting , this has to be the most bizarre B/S case that I have seen , and believe me I have seen a few, just where and under what rule of law can you have witness testifying ahead of court, what are they trying to achieve and what is the reason , the chief of prosecutions has sent the police report back to the RTP because it was substandard and contradictory, where does this leave the case, the court sits under a dictatorship banner.bah.gif .

I don't believe for a second that there are 3 more witnesses,

What I do believe is,

there should have been blood on that phone

there should have been blood in their shower stalls

there should have been blood on a hand rail on a staircase by their apt.

where did these alleged rape-killers clean up?

• Like 2

Someone right at the top needs to step in quick and sort this out once and for all before this farce goes on any longer . . . or those tourists numbers you are all so desperate for (but continually downplay and deny are important to you) will be dropping even more . . .

• Like 1

How can you testify in advance , when the court isn't sitting , this has to be the most bizarre B/S case that I have seen , and believe me I have seen a few, just where and under what rule of law can you have witness testifying ahead of court, what are they trying to achieve and what is the reason , the chief of prosecutions has sent the police report back to the RTP because it was substandard and contradictory, where does this leave the case, the court sits under a dictatorship banner.bah.gif .

In another thread currently running it states that the police have already rectified whatever discrepancies the prosecutor cited and have returned the case file to him. It also says official charges against the two Burmese patsies are likely to be filed next week.

I have no idea why some testimony is being accepted before the official court date unless it is some sort of deposition to enable the attorneys to build their cases. At least that's how it works in the real world.

Pol Maj-Gen Apichart Boonsriroj, commander of Surat Thani provincial police, said today (Thursday) that the three Myanmar migrant workers were under the care of the police

I've read that the Royal Thai Police really know how to take care of those in their custody.

Many countries have a judicial system that allows for a 'preparatory examination'. Evidence is heard, and then the presiding officer decides whether there is sufficient evidence for the case to go to trial. A P.Exam is not a trial as such. The Thai justice system may allow this proceedure.

wow where are the rtp apologists today, clutchclark, sicophanticsteve, police chiefjtj, stutteringparrot, please come on here and tell us how this is usual procedure.

I'm tired of seeing these guys clutter up each and every thread with the same inane questions over and over that have already been answered.over and over and repeating the police statements over and over, again and again as if that was the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Please stay away.

• Like 1

I don't think the defendants defense team has been finalized yet so how can they call witnesses early? Who is going to cross examine these people? (If there is such a thing in Thailand?)

Still so many questions with so few credible answers!

My thoughts exactly as soon as I read this.

Does anyone know whether cross-examination is part of the court procedure in Thailand?

If so, I would assume the defence lawyers would have the right to call the witnesses at any time during the trial regardless of their original testimony.

But that's just assumption.

Of course there's no jury, just a judge, and that is unfortunate as one person can be "manipulated" easier than twelve.

It could be there's something lost in translation and it is the Thai equivalent of a deposition but yet another press release asks more questions, just like the suicide risk press release today.

PS With all the Burmese in Court, there could be a lucrative payday for the official pancake selling translator!

Edited by madmitch
  • Like 1

Someone right at the top needs to step in quick and sort this out once and for all before this farce goes on any longer . . . or those tourists numbers you are all so desperate for (but continually downplay and deny are important to you) will be dropping even more . . .

The Top Bloke said it was a perfect investigation. So fat chance. The way this investigation is going to end is sick. A total disgrace.

• Like 2

OMG, this needs to be discussed in public too!!

Regarding the OP, could it be a 'grand jury' sort of circumstance, where the prosecutors will interview these three and decide whether there is enough to continue the case or not?