Bye Thailand. I'm going to miss you.

benj005

Condolences - I loathed the departure lounges at both airports over the years but that was only for an 8 hour flight back to Oz. I'm now in the position I dreamt of for many years - being able to fly all over the region as many times as I want for the next 12 months - and I find myself with a broken shoulder and food poisoning. Life has a way of reminding us that we dont hold all the cards.

I hope the next 24 hours go quickly for you - a decent night's sleep and it wont seem so bad.

benj005 ... how short some memories are.

You have bought us so many Thai Visa Classics during your stay Teaching in Thailand on your double entry Tourist Visa.

None more a Classic then your first OP ... spending-the-remainder-of-my-life-in-thailand

We wish you and your Korean Gf and your Thai Gf (I couldn't keep up with your exploits) well.

Send us a postcard from Stateside.

Cheers now ... coffee1.gif

• Like 2

I'm off next week and I always am glad to get away, it's like a weight lifting away.

Same here. Never used to be so, but it felt fantastic getting away recently and quite ordinary coming back.

Don't worry, op; though I agree that Philly (at least the city) is a bit naff, just think yourself fortunate you have the option to come and go from a reasonable country. Could be a lot worse, you could be from Oz. lol

If you are not returning I can sympathize - Philly - what a sh*t-hole.

I love returning to the U.S. - awesome (Boston) - and coming back.

I'm in Doha airport now. :)

Philly is just my last stop. I live near the beach in NJ. It's very quiet now. It's going to be night and day compared to Bangkok. No people. No action. Cold weather. Even the supermarket will only have 5 people. Very sad. Don't know how people live there.

Boring. :(

Edited by benj005
  • Like 1

Dunno why the guy went back.

Not like he can make much more there than he does here

Least he had a fit bird and a good life here

... so he tells us.

The world needs great minds, creative thinkers ... even the occasional Story Teller.

The Fantasy world is so much better then the daily grind.

... so he tells us.

The world needs great minds, creative thinkers ... even the occasional Story Teller.

OK well you're entitled to your opinion but I think if he was gonna lie, he'd have told us he was living like Puff Daddy with bikini-clad girls gyrating around a rooftop pool, not earning 30K as a teacher

Is a fit bird particularly difficult to come by in Thailand?

• Like 1

... so he tells us.

OK well you're entitled to your opinion but I think if he was gonna lie, he'd have told us he was living like Puff Daddy with bikini-clad girls gyrating around a rooftop pool, not earning 30K as a teacher

Depends on your definition of fit.

Was in Pattaya last week, to answer your question, from what I saw some guys strolling around with, the answer is a resounding yes.

• Like 1

Yeah but what did the guys look like?

You and I already know the answer.

Lets just say, they werent Beau Brunmmel or Little Lord Fauntleroy.

A visit to the gym wouldnt go amiss, neither would a visit to a Thai language school.

In one bar the prettiest "girl" was a ladyboy, she was more feminine polite and riap roy than some of the others on display.

Anway, take a walk across the soi and venture into SC, there you will find the answers to your question.

• Like 1

The US isn't bad at all. So maybe your family is in a quiet place in NJ, but it's a big country. I had some of the best years of my life there, living in Manhattan, Boston and DC. Just move to a place in the US where life is more exciting. And you don't need a big place. I'd rather have a hole in the wall in a good place than a mansion in the middle of nowhere.

I remember having had this feeling every last day of my vacation trips, reviewing all your experiences in the cold seat of the airport it's almost the hardest part of the trip, especially if you travel alone.

I said you were thinking that it's gonna be the worst part....

....until.... in the plane few hours later when your eyelids fall down because you're exhausted.... bud oh good.... is then when you realise that you will be having 3 restless brats jumping and beating your seat all trip back, and what's worse without seeing their parents do nothing to stop their noisy and anoying sibblings