BANGKOK 20 April 2019 07:45
Sign in to follow this  
mesquite

How to "UnParticipate"?

Hehe cheers for the tip. I wont post on that thread.

Would use that rolling over laughing icon if I could find it on the app.

Always someone worse off than yourself. Thanks for being that person

Cheers

Fletch :)

bing... bing... bing... bing bing bing...

As a web-only ThaiVisa member, maybe I should join that thread. I wonder which one it is.

Oops. Spoke too soon. It's still there :(

It looks like you have to learn to live with it.

...It will never die, but I guess it will fall off one year from the date of my now-deleted post?

I wouldn't get my hopes up, if I were you.

...It will never die, but I guess it will fall off one year from the date of my now-deleted post?

I wouldn't get my hopes up, if I were you.

I won't, but it looks like it's gone again. Could it be that my prayers have been answered? wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif

Edited by mesquite

I still think it interesting that you're receiving notifications in 'Participated" topic/forums

Notifications ( OFF | ON )

SUBSCRIPTION NOTIFICATIONS

Subscribed Topics [ ]

Subscribed Forum [ ]

ALSO NOTIFY ME WHEN SOMEONE

Send me a Private Message [ ]

Like / Thanks My Post [ ]

Quoted My Post [ ]

Mentioned Me [ ]

My android ThaiVisa Connect app settings menu seems to indicate that it only makes Notifications on either 'Subscribed' Topics/Forums or posts dealing with the member name.

If it could be determined that the

1. mobile app isn't supposed to make Notifications on 'Participated', and

2. is supposed to make Notifications on 'Subscribed',

3. and as such notifications can be generally controlled via the app setting (Notifications menu),

4. and Notifications fine-controlled via the website Content I Follow link

...and...

5. it can be proven (through a replicatable test process) the app is mistakenly using the 'Participated' database

(a tester could make a post in a thread, then use 'content I follow' to unfollow/unsubscribe from that thread, then a 2nd test poster could make additional posts in that same thread -- so long as the 1st test poster wasn't quoted, named, or thanked then the 1st poster shouldn't receive a Notification -- If the 1st poster did receive Notifications from the test and presumptions 1-4 are correct then a Trouble Ticket could be filed to have the app notification logic investigated. )

Just need to see if that original issue reoccurs and spurs you into becoming an original test subject.

My original post is in error. I don't get notifications. There is a "Participated" section and the actual posts show up there.

My original post is in error. I don't get notifications. There is a "Participated" section and the actual posts show up there.

The only way to get off that list is if a Mod Removes all the posts you made in that specific topic, else it will keep showing.

The only way to get off that list is if a Mod Removes all the posts you made in that specific topic, else it will keep showing.

Actually, that didn't work.

Did they also remove your quoted post? I mean, the post another user made and quoting your post?

Edit: if none of your posts (original or quoted) show in the thread it should not show up in the "participated" list. I personally like the participated function, however I can understand that you want some threads not to show up there anymore.

Edited by MJCM

OK, now I'm confused.

Are you now saying you're just tired of a topic that keeps popping to the top of a static list?

Which is why people use the Subscribed list, which can be configured to auto-include participated posts but can then be modified by the user.

This is how my participated list looks like in the iOS version.

post-10213-14142162767273_thumb.jpg

To remove one of these topics from this list, a moderator has to remove all my posts from the topic I want removed, but I doubt if they are going to that

Rich Cor, I am tired of a topic that keeps popping up to the top of the "Participated" section of the ios app. That section is not static.

MJCM the mods removed my one post in the topic. No one had quoted it. The topic was "Word Association" where I posted once, and the topic itself has had over 18,000 replies in a slightly over a month of existence.

Edited by mesquite