Getflix and 3BB

pcliff069

Has anybody successfully configured their DNS IPs for Getflix with 3BB as their ISP?

I've signed for the trial Getflix but cannot get the DNS to talk to the internet.

Any clues greatly appreciated.

I am on a fibre optic connection with a 3BB provided router.

I use Hola available as an 'add-on' for Chrome or Firefox available from hola.org as a FREE download, then you can sign up and pay a subscription to those that require it. i.e. Netflix or Hulu plus. (I use my Bangkok Bank atm/visa 'Be 1st' account) Others are free such as BBC or basic Hulu. Works quite well with standard 10mb 3bb account. Be sure to NOT try to use a bit torrent downloader at the same time (running in the background-exit the bit torrent completely while using Hola for error free operation)

Have you tried 'pinging' the Getflix DNS Server IP addresses? This would tell you if 3BB is dropping those IP Address packets.

Are you adjusting the DNS entries in the 3BB router, or just on your computer?

Thanks

Tried all the obviouses plus contact with Getflix Help line.

"Cannot get the DNS to talk to the internet" and "Tried all the obviouses" doesn't tell us what you are doing or what you have tried.

DNS doesn't "talk to the Internet". Your connected devices relies on a DNS service to connect to a DNS server database to look up and resolve domain name address to IP address. The device then uses the IP address to connect to the desired service. Know that using alternate DNS servers from those provided by your ISP or served locally can cause major delays or even failures when surfing the 'net, especially if those alternate DNS servers are located in foreign counties.

ThaiVisa users have reported good results with other similar DNS companies.

There may be issues that prevent the Getflix DNS addresses from working. Pinging the Getflix DNS server IP address (and reading the results) will tell you if their service is available using your ISP. If the address is pingable and reports a low round-trip response time with no packet loss, then you know it should work and can look at other causes.

Normally an end-user logs into there home router and manually modifies the DNS IP address that then gets served to that router's DHCP dynamically allocated IP clients.

If your computer connects using DHCP then you just need to toggle the connection or restart the computer for the updated information to be used. If your computer used a manually set STATIC IP/Subnet/Gateway/DNS entries then the computer needs to have the IPv4 info updated to use it.

So, what equipment are you trying to get to work with the service? Just a PC, or other equipment?