Confirmation of documents needed for marriage extension

Hey guys.

I know this has been done to death, but I'd just like confirmation of what exactly I need to take with me to Chiang Wattana immigration for my marriage extension.

Anyone who's done this recently and been asked for anything new or something odd etc.

1. Application form

2.TM card and copy

3. Passport and copy

4.Bank book with over 400k seasoned for more than 60 days and copy + letter from bank confirming this

5.Marriage certificate and copy

6.Wife's house registration and copy

7. Wife's ID and copy

8. Proof of address (Do they want my condo contract or can I use letters from bank etc with my name and address on?)

9. Signed map of address (google maps and/or hand drawn map?)

10. Photos of me and missus in every room of the house and outside the front door with our condo number clearly visible

This is my first time doing it and I'd like for the paperwork to be in complete order. i know how anal immigration can be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards,

1. Two application forms T.M. 7 with two photographs size 4x6 cm. and Visa Fee 1900.-Baht
2. Copy Marriage Certificate
3. Copy Kor Ror 2 from amphur office, marriage registry (not older than six months)
4. Child's birth certificate (if any)
5. Copy wife’s house registration
6. Copy wife’s identity card
7. Copy passport, non-Im visa, arrival card.
8. Interview the husband and wife for confirming status of husband and wife
9. Map to residency (names of roads and house marked in Thai and GPS coordinates)
10. Picture of house and family, in house and outside showing house number.
11. Copy house book from residence or rental contract.

With money in bank option.
1. Letters from your bank same day or day before stating bank records, and a transaction list for the past two months.
2. Bank account must be in Husbands name, joint accounts will not qualify.
3. Letter from bank must show transaction during previous two months.

With Income in Thailand option
1. A copy of work permit
2. Personal Corporation income Tax (PND.1) in latest 3 months and personal income tax for previous year with receipt (PND.91)

With Income from abroad.
1. Embassy letter stating your income.

All of the above in two copies, if not in BKK

You forgot the Kor Ror 2. Not sure how recent CW want it. But your wife can get one from any Amphoe or Khet without a problem for fee of 20 baht.

Since it is your first extension the may want a copy of the affirmation to marry you gave to the Amphoe when you got married.

4. CW wants bank letter on same day. You can get it downstairs unless your bank does not have a branch there.

8. A rental agreement would be the best to have.

9. I would do a hand drawn map.

You forgot the Kor Ror 2. Not sure how recent CW want it. But your wife can get one from any Amphoe or Khet without a problem for fee of 20 baht.

Since it is your first extension the may want a copy of the affirmation to marry you gave to the Amphoe when you got married.

4. CW wants bank letter on same day. You can get it downstairs unless your bank does not have a branch there.

8. A rental agreement would be the best to have.

9. I would do a hand drawn map.

Yes, Kor Ror 2 must be included. Once IO refuses to recognise my Kor Ror 2 because there is no "red circle" stamp on it. That is from Phuket Immigration but I am not sure if this also implies to other regions. So just to be safe to request for that stamp at Amphur.

It depends upon the immigration office you use. Some offices want one updated every year just before the application is done.

My suggestion is to get new one every year in case they change their requirements. Your wife can get one in just a few minutes at any Amphoe and it only costs 20 baht.

We go to CW in BKK ubonjoe.

It depends upon the immigration office you use. Some offices want one updated every year just before the application is done.

My suggestion is to get new one every year in case they change their requirements. Your wife can get one in just a few minutes at any Amphoe and it only costs 20 baht.

I don't recall any reports of them wanting an updated one. But of course that can change at any time.

• Like 1

Thanks ubonjoe! My ext runs out Weds this week so every little assurance means that much less stress!

I don't recall any reports of them wanting an updated one. But of course that can change at any time.

Where is this necessary and under what Visa/immigration situation? I asked about this specifically at CW today (basically to explain the difficulty of getting consistent immigration answers for all regions in LOS) and they looked at me liked I was crazy.

I mean one only has to look at the ridiculous quantity, reams and reams of paper they have to go through and that makes no sense.

I had to have 3 copies of every page of my passport, even empty ones....sad.png

Edited by emanphoto

I have to give 2 sets copies of everything plus two TM7 forms. The extra copy is because one set goes to the division headquarters for them to do the final approval of the extension. As far as I know Bangkok is the only office that only requires one set.

I have to make copies of every Thai visa, entries and extensions in my passport for the application but not the blank pages. Before I got a new passport last year that was a lot of pages I had to copy.

That was another thing I found out today, that I didn't need 2 copies of everything. Maybe I mis-read a post or whatever, but I had 2 of everything today at CW and they didn't want any of my 2nd copies. Better that than missing something right? :)

So your situation is one living outside of BKK that is causing the duplicate copy need?

At CW the approval is done in the same building so it does not need to be sent off to somewhere else.

I need 2 forms and with of copies attached. One is set is sent to division 4 headquarters in Korat for them to do the approval.

• 1 year later...

I will be getting my documents ready tomorrow for producing at Jomptien immigration on Tuesday, as last year was my first application will last years kor ror be acceptable?

Not sure they will want an updated Kor Ror 2 or not.

I suggest you get one just in case they want it.. Never been sure if my office wants it or not but get a new one every year to be sure there will not be a problem.

• Like 1