How much to build a house in village 50 kms from Khon Kaen

toryboy1979

7yrs ago i bought 7 rai of paddy field, we built one house very sucessfully and are near to completing a second, I have a good builder, I live 25kms West of KhonKaen

You could have a very nice medium house for 2.oM BATT excluding land, my second house approx 100 sq mtrs will come in at 1.25M, it is built and fitted to a high standard but I have bought materials very carefully , my builder took over after I had driven 28 piles

If you want to talk private message me, I am in BKK till sat late

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone I know estimated the final cost to be in the region of 2.5 million including the land (small plot), so numbers posted above sounding about right.

Very much depends how accessible the area is.

Since living here I have completed a total renovation of an old, tired Thai house. Also built a house in teak and one in brick.

The best learning experience was the renovation as it gave me insight on how to proceed with a new construction. Yes, there were heaps of problems on all the builds; expectations were not met, sacking people because of incompetence, delays, deviations from plans, etc, etc.

The best advice I can give from these experiences are:

* you need a good Thai network that is essential for a satisfactory outcome.

* you have to be onsite and observe all work; you are the project manager.

Prices will vary greatly depending on your requirements, your network and your management.

Hard to say based on what you provide for info, but 500,000 Baht for something very simple and up up up.

We are building a house for my wife's parents in a similar remote location and I guess in the end we will be spending around 800,000.

Make careful considerations on deciding to live there yourself and if not than you'd better keep it as simple as possible and spend your money on a place where you do want to live.

In many cases the bigger these houses are the more people will be living there at your expense, there are a many professional hammock operators ready to join the party!

In your country would you buy your gf a house? Many of my friends did the same and it was a night mare RENT

It's more likely that the gf and her existing family will become the nightmare. I agree. Rent and keep all options open.

A man with "a good heart" as they say in Thailand. Of course they are referring to the mans generosity.

For a GF I would build a one room (4 by 8 to 10 M) house. It will cost less then 500K, give you some experience with contractors and u can always add on more rooms. She may not be too happy, but u will feel better if the relationship goes South. I have seen a few funny things in Thailand.

Hard to say based on what you provide for info, but 500,000 Baht for something very simple and up up up.

We are building a house for my wife's parents in a similar remote location and I guess in the end we will be spending around 800,000.

Make careful considerations on deciding to live there yourself and if not than you'd better keep it as simple as possible and spend your money on a place where you do want to live.

In many cases the bigger these houses are the more people will be living there at your expense, there are a many professional hammock operators ready to join the party!

My wife and I spent money on improving her parents house. Now they have glass windows and an AC etc. We also bought a good water heater and insulation for the ceiling and other stuff. Most of the stuff is still in the box some place. I finally came to the conclusion that whatever they do not have now, they do not want or need. I wish that I had read a few things before we bought all the gadgets. It would have saved us some money

have you thought about going the PREFAB route, i have a lady friend (yes friend) who is always posting on my f/book page gorgeous prefab looking houses. i think she is obsessed, he he, but they do look rather nice,

Im Just finishing a thai style house but to a bit higher standard and western bathrooms (2) and basic western kitchen

I didnt skimp on good materials eg good cement and higher grade steel for roof

roof is 252 m2

house is 125 m2

about 190 m2 of Tiling

Contract for labour was fixed cost 125,000 baht

cost is arount 600,000 total depending on what you include

Mistakes I made was with roof design and the electrical sub contractor was awful

But I could have had what i wanted for the same price if i understood it better.

Best of luck

feel free to ask any questions

a friend has just finished a much nicer 2 storey place for a bit over 3 million but did all the purchasing and designing himself

We are over 100km from khon kaen but have most building supplies near by

People who've seen my house (220 internal sq m, 2 x floors) say "wow, must have cost 3-4 mil". It was finished in 05 and cost me 1.7 mil. I paid a set price labour bill per sq meters, purchased everything myself, bi-daily runs into town or the big city 80 kms away, with a list of wants from the builders who knew i only wanted grade A rebar, cement, paint etc. And i was on site pretty much most days over the 8 month build.The only way to do it. No probs in 9 years. Very happy with their work. Obviously land fill, perimeter wall, car port, w/shop area were extra.

Archived