using receipt from labor office to make extension at immigration?

I'm looking for a 2nd opinion. In the visa section someone said I would need the actual work permit and a receipt showing I'd applied wouldn't be enough.

My non-b finishes on 20th, but the waiver doesn't come until tomorrow, then going on Monday to labor office, then over to immigration.

If its not possible to use the receipt from labor office, can I get an extension on the non-b then extend again for the year when the work permit comes through?

Thanks for any tips.

Edited by happysanook

Most Immigration offices accept the receipt from the DOL, as it shows that all documents were already approved.

A phone call from a friendly Immigration officer will be very helpful as well and solve any issues they might or might not have.

Good luck from lower northeast.

Edited by lostinisaan

Most Immigration Offices want to see a copy of the work permit AND the original. However, the new Police Order 138/ 2557 describes -

3. Copy of work permit or application form in case of changing institution of teaching during the validity of work permit
in the requirements for reason of necessity 2.6 and 2.7 which gives the WP.3 a formal status but it has to be said that in the rules it refers to 'changing jobs' but I would say it's worth to try.
  • Like 1