Cider from Singha

N47HAN

Hi Guys ,

Just to bring to a local audience for you that aren't aware yet.

Singha Corp are introducing this month there first cider for Thailand .

It will be availiable in 3 types , apple , peach and red berry.

The expected retail price , ie 7/11 etc ( not bars ) is to be approx 32thb for a 275ml bottle.

Goes by the name of Syder Bay.

If you gogle it there are some press releases , but im pretty surprised they havent hit the expat market advertising stream heavily as would of thought intially that may of been there mainstream buyers untill the Thais become customed to it.

RIP , TNC , lol.

Im a cider drinker ooh aarr ohhh ayyy ;-)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Reasonable priced ciders. That should put my non-award winning receipt of mixing Siam Sato with Chang soda water in to a real competition. I hope these new ciders will taste like real fruit and not the diluted dishwater like the existing ones does.

still wonder why islamic Malaysia has SHANDY / RADLER, available in cans in almost all Minimarts, whereas Buddhist alcoholic Thailand doesn't have such thing.

But in the meanwhile, I will comfort myself consuming that Cider, so thanks for the hint..... hope it doesn't taste artificial.... it's produced for the THAI market, after all.....

I do like the South African, low price cider called Savannah. Quite dry and is 100 Bt a bottle in most bars. Some places 90 Bt.

Only 60 Bt during Happy Hour at the White Hart.

PS. If it bain't made with them thar apples, it bain't real ziderrr.

Edited by KarenBravo

I do like the South African, low price cider called Savannah. Quite dry and is 100 Bt a bottle in most bars. Some places 90 Bt.

Only 60 Bt during Happy Hour at the White Hart.

PS. If it bain't made with them thar apples, it bain't real ziderrr.

I've tried a homemade pear cider that would disagree with the Apple myth.

Traditional yes but pear takes it to the next level of yum.

Sent from my LG-D858

A few years ago one of our members Steve Haigh started a cider manufacturing company in Hua Hin called TNC , some of you guys may remember I was one if his distributors for the start up venture. Whilst Steve owned the company the product was going from strength to strength , we went from zero bottles to around 400 to 500 cases a month sold in Phuket in only a few months of operation.

Steve then had an offer to sell the buisiness which he took up.

Then problems started , the new owners were completley incompotent and had no idea of one brewing and two , how to conduct buisiness in Thailand.

Very soon after TNC sadly went bust ( losing me as a distributor 7 figures as well I might add ).

Both Steve and I could see the potential of this buisiness , ( thai cider vs imported ).

And I am certain that very very quickly the Thais ( along with the marketing power of Singh ) will take to "syder" the same as the English did to Magners when it launched.

My only regret is you sold out Steve !!!!! ;-)

Oh what could of been eh ?

TNC was a very fair drop of cider indeed and was a blessing at reasonable prices too. I think a nice refreshing crisp cider (over ice) will hit Thai taste buds nicely especially in the hot season....

I've converted a few Thai pals to the cider but had to hide my stocks from the ropsing buggers especially the missus and her villainous pals....

TNC was a very fair drop of cider indeed and was a blessing at reasonable prices too. I think a nice refreshing crisp cider (over ice) will hit Thai taste buds nicely especially in the hot season....

I've converted a few Thai pals to the cider but had to hide my stocks from the ropsing buggers especially the missus and her villainous pals....

Sure was RT ,

I think im going to have one of those what could of been moments ;-(

Syder Bay Projected sales of 1.8 Billion baht for 2015.

Edited by N47HAN
  • Like 1

My only regret is you sold out Steve !!!!! ;-)

it was killing me, not only the stress but i think the chemicals we used for sanitizing everything were literally killing me. on at least 2 occasion i was blinded for 2 days, i got my eyes glued together from the dust from a chemical called KMS. running a manufacturing plant is not for me it turns out.

and anyhow, at those singha prices it would have been impossible to compete. our bottles cost 5.5baht each and tax was 17 baht. even if we got the cider for free we'd still loose money.

i actually just got back from Cambodia and posted a thread about it in the SE Asia forum. i didn't see that cider but they do have some excellent dark beers there, one is called ABC and its $1 a can. why does a place like Cambodia that has almost nothing, have about 6-8 local beers and apparently cider we have 4 beers which are all basically the same lager give or take a few chemicals. its a hypothetical question by the way, i know the answer.

Edited by stevehaigh
  • Like 2

Understand Steve , guess as you said before , the big boys basically have a monopoly in Thailand and theres no changing it no matter what.

Bet you there not even paying close to 7thb tax let alone 17thb.

Savannah dry cider 55 baht per bottle in foodand, pattaya. Bought 7 last night.

Been around for a year or so now.

Its an import from South Africa .

Most bars 90 to 100baht a bottle

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Savannah is reconstituted from a syrup in Thailand.
Guess that's why they can sell it at a reasonable price.

Makes sense KB.

Sorry guys but Savanna is a real imported cider, not reconstituted here.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Savannah is reconstituted from a syrup in Thailand.

Guess that's why they can sell it at a reasonable price.

Makes sense KB.

Sorry guys but Savanna is a real imported cider, not reconstituted here.

It is reconstituted. It says so on the bottle.......

Reasonable priced ciders. That should put my non-award winning receipt of mixing Siam Sato with Chang soda water in to a real competition. I hope these new ciders will taste like real fruit and not the diluted dishwater like the existing ones does.

Tastes vary but I tried Siam Sato once, and I'm pretty sure that dishwater probably tastes better,

It will be interesting to see what Singha offers. If they are made to suit the Thai market, which another post suggests, they'll be sickly sweet.