Manchester City

mrbojangles

Right, as the name suggests. This thread is about Man City, come on you blues. :D Just in case our Man City fans in LOS (or anywhere else) don't have time to catch up.

Obviously anyone can post news that i miss and comment on the thread but you can only say positive things about Man City. Negatives, like the "30 year" song will not be tolerated :D:D

Only messin, as most of you know, Man City fans take the p1ss out of ourselves more than other teams take the p1ss out of us :D

Today's news:- from man city web site

Daily Mirror...

'BARTON TO DOUBLE HIS MONEY'

JOEY Barton is to double his money with Manchester City to £25,000 a week, with a fixed price of £5.5m on his head.

The Mirror also reveals...

'ROYALS JOIN QUEUE FOR MALBRANQUE'

READING are ready to join the chase for Fulham contract rebel Steed Malbranque as a replacement for Steve Sidwell.

Royals boss Steve Coppell will make a bid for the £4million-rated French midfielder if Sidwell quits for Manchester City.

Malbranque, 26, who is also wanted by City and Middlesbrough, was made to train with Fulham's youth team on their pre-season tour of Austria after rejecting a new deal.

Sidwell, 23, is refusing to sign an extension to his contract at Reading.

Coppell, who has signed South Korea winger Seol Ki-Hyeon and Brentford defender Sam Sodje, said: "We will be making further buys soon."

The Times' 'Window Watch' advises...

Portsmouth are believed to be willing to pay Manchester City the asking price of about £4 million for Sylvain Distin, the defender.

I can't believe we've let Barton stay. He wanted to go and he's not bloody worth £25k per week :o

• Replies 28.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And this report from SkySports about Micah Richards (good player this young lad is) :D:o

Manchester City starlet Micah Richards has committed himself to the Premiership side by signing a new four-year contract to end speculation about his future.

The 18-year-old made a huge impression after breaking into the first team at Eastlands last season and his decision to sign up until 2010 represents a further boost to Stuart Pearce, coming hot on the heels of Joey Barton inking a fresh agreement.

City were forced to rubbish reports that the talented teenager had handed in a transfer request last week, with Premiership giants Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United all believed to be interested in the rising star.

A bid of £5 million from Tottenham Hotspur was also reputedly rejected as City attempted to hold onto the versatile starlet who made his debut in October and went on to make 16 appearances last season.

Now Richards has ended the fervent speculation about a potential exit from the club by committing himself to Pearce's cause for the coming campaign and beyond, and his manager is delighted to have warded off interest from a number of suitors.

"Various clubs showed an interest but neither Micah, his father or his agent wanted to take him away from this club," Pearce told the club's official website.

"When he was given his contract to read he barely looked at it. Instead he made it crystal clear that all he wanted to do was play for his football here."

City chairman John Wardle also expressed his joy at the club's success in tying down their brightest talents to new long-term contracts.

"People have endlessly speculated about the future of Danny Sturridge, Joey Barton and Micah Richards, all of them have ended the debate once and for all," said Wardle.

"This football club cherishes its young talent, nurtures them and gives them every opportunity to play first team football."

Hi Mr.B.

I hope you get Steve Sidwell, a great player with a bright future, but he does not seem to want to play for "the shirt' anymore...its all about MONEY..so I hope City sign him.

We will get by without him somehow

As for "The Terror of Thailand" didn't he score a hat trick last night???

I hope you get Steve Sidwell, a great player with a bright future, but he does not seem to want to play for "the shirt' anymore...its all about MONEY..so I hope City sign him.

We will get by without him somehow

Hi TP,

It's all gone a bit quiet on the Sidwell front, we put in an offer but Reading rejected it. He does look a decent player though.

As for "The Terror of Thailand" didn't he score a hat trick last night???

Yeah he did. I've still got mixed feelings about him, i don't like dis-loyalty and if he wanted to go, we should of let him. Never mind, we're stuck with him for 4 more years now :o

Come on you blues.

On match days you can see me around town, (Pattaya), proudly wearing my Colin Bell legend number "8" shirt.

Lets see Stuart Pearce do the business for us this year.

Welcome aboard Loytoy, i've still got my Colin Bell shirt as well :D

Let's hope for a top season :D

Colin Who? :D

Was he City's greatest ever player then? :D

just for your information...ex-Reading "legends"

Neil Webb :D

Kerry Dixon :D

Robin Friday :D

Oh, and my mate Bob who lives in Chiang Mai, he played for them 11 times in the 60's as a "non contractual" player..if they were a man short on a Saturday they would give him a call and ask him if he could "turn out" as he calls it :D He used to get a fiver a game, and a pound extra if they won :D So he didn't get much in bonuses :D

He was telling me that one Christmas a freind of his at QPR (a man that offered to punch my face in once-but that's a different story) Tony Hazell invited him to the QPR Christmas bash which was held at a London Hotel....he was obliged to reciprocate and offered Tony the chance to go to the local "Coach Companies Canteen" where the Reading Xmas do was being held.

How times have changed :o

Talk about a poor club...as Steve Coppell said the other day " I would like Ronaldo here, I would like Ronaldiniho here and Andre Shevenenko as well...but Steed Malbranque although he could be available..we just can't afford him , like we could not afford the others..thats just the way it is."

We can't afford to buy anybody decent, we have signed a South Korean for 1.5m which is our record signing....but more than that is beyond us....we just have to make do with what we have and hope for the best.

I hope you have a great season Mr.B :D

TP

Actually, i've just noticed. How can the bafoons who decide the fixtures do this? We play 3 games in 6 days and the nothing for 16 days. It's <deleted> crazy :o

20 Aug 16:00 Chelsea A

23 Aug 19:45 Portsmouth H

26 Aug 17:15 Arsenal H

11 Sep 20:00 Reading A

Stefano Fiore

Both Charlton and Manchester City are closely monitoring Italian playmaker Stefano Fiore.

The two have been aware of Fiore's situation for a number of months, but now his future is set to be decided.

Like with Bernardo Corradi, who coincidentally has just joined Man City, Valencia want to sell.

Fiore spent last season on loan at Fiorentina and both Torino and Palermo were keen on new loans - but Valencia want him off their wage bill permanently.

That has given the opportunity for both City and Charlton to possibly snatch the Italian international for a nominal fee.

Both clubs could be tempted to makes move this week as the build-up to The Premiership season continues.

Lee Croft

Manchester City have clarified the situation regarding the potential transfer of Lee Croft to Norwich City.

The 21-year-old winger had been considering the move after the clubs agreed a fee and he passed a medical on Wednesday, but according to Norwich's offical web site he has now agreed a transfer to Carrow Road.

City spokesman Paul Tyrrell said: "We note that Lee has agreed to transfer to Norwich and we are hopeful that he will complete the move to the club on Monday."

A graduate of City's Youth Academy system, Lee made a total of four starting and 28 substitute appearances for City, scoring against Fulham at Craven Cottage last November. He also spent three months on loan at Oldham in the previous season.

Good player Croft, i liked him. Good luck to him.

Bump....just so its not getting boring

If I start a Reading thread will I be talking to myself as well???

9/11 Reading City eh... little side bet Mr.B..swear I will send you a cheque if I loose....a tenner says we win, same if you do..draw null and void....you up for it Mate

TP

Still looking to recoup something from "The Goat" what a waste of money he was

9/11 Reading City eh... little side bet Mr.B..swear I will send you a cheque if I loose....a tenner says we win, same if you do..draw null and void....you up for it Mate

Come on TP, you've got to give me the draw. You are playing at home. I'll give it you when you come to our place.

Still looking to recoup something from "The Goat" what a waste of money he was

Yeah, pity really. He was a fantastic servant for us :o

Whats this Lee Croft like,that Norwich just bought?

A decent winger that gives his all but just lacks a bit of pace and guile for premiership level at the moment. It's a shame really as I had high hopes for him a few years back but he doesn't seem to have realized his potential. Hopefully the move and drop down a level could get his career going again.

Whats this Lee Croft like,that Norwich just bought?

A decent winger that gives his all but just lacks a bit of pace and guile for premiership level at the moment. It's a shame really as I had high hopes for him a few years back but he doesn't seem to have realized his potential. Hopefully the move and drop down a level could get his career going again.

What's your team Colonel?

Lee Croft - has an unusual record, something like the most capped for engerland at junior levels. He's got an incredibly big head - the players take the piss out of him for it - and he runs like a girl. Can't defend. But he's energetic, skilful, plays like a playground footballer, has an eye for an opening and is aware. Lacks a bit of raw pace. The biggest compliment that i could give him was that he became City's impact player off the bench. For some reason his enthusiasm got the crowd going, then the players and something always seemed to happen. I reckon he'll have a ball with Noooooorrrich in the Championship - must be one of the fastest frontines with Earnshaw and Darren 'Billy Whizz' Huckerby. Actually come to think of it he's like a young DH, with less pace.

With all our youngsters moving on, don't tell anyone but the best of our kids is Stephen Ireland (a young Chippy Brady)...i never told you!

David James has asked to leave Manchester City following a bid lodged from Portsmouth.

The South Coast outfit have already made an offer for the 36-year-old goalkeeper but as yet have not concurred on a price for the England international.

James insists he has no problem with City, but rather, is eager on a move to the south where his fiance currently resides.

Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp has stated his admiration for the former Liverpool custodian in the past few days but will seemingly now have to up his offer if he is to land his man.

"David James has expressed a wish to leave," said Pearce.

"It all depends on whether Portsmouth reach our valuation but in some ways I have to be prepared for the fact he will leave.

"I spoke with him when we were away in China. It is not an issue about Manchester City, there are other reasons why he wants to be in the south."

A host of clubs are being linked with a move for Manchester City's Stephen Ireland.

The Irish midfielder made his big breakthrough in the City first team last season and he impressed a host of onlookers with his performances.

However, the 19-year-old is far from guaranteed a place in Stuart Pearce's starting XI - given the summer arrivals of midfielders Ousmane Dabo and Dietmar Hamann.

Now a number of clubs including Celtic, Sunderland and Nottingham Forest are understood to be looking into the possibility of landing Ireland.

The player's agent Lee Payne insisted the teenager was more than happy at City, but first team football was his main aim.

"Stephen is a very talented lad and has progressed so well over the last season," Payne told skysports.com.

"Obviously he wants first team football, but he genuinely wants that to be at Manchester City."

Skysports.com can reveal Everton are lining up a move for Manchester City ace :oAntoine Sibierski.

Sibierski is available on a free transfer after dropping down the pecking order at City, following the arrival of several new faces at Eastlands this summer.

The news has alerted several clubs with the 32-year-old's free transfer status and his versatility making him an attractive proposition for any interested parties.

Everton are leading the chase for the skilful Frenchman and are hoping to lure him to Goodison Park.

Toffees boss David Moyes is a big admirer of Sibierski and tried to buy the player before he moved to Manchester City.

Sibierski came to the fore in France with Lens and Nantes, scoring a number of goals at Le Championnat level, and has shown his versatility in England by playing in several positions.

The signing of Sibierski would provide Moyes with a lot of options as he could play him anywhere across midfield, as well as providing cover for Andy Johnson and James Beattie in attack.

The player’s agent Willie McKay revealed Moyes is a fan of Sibierski and is keen to push through a deal for the Frenchman.

"I have spoken to David Moyes and he is great admirer of Antoine," McKay told skysports.com.

"He is hoping something can be done to bring Antoine to Goodison Park."

Looks like James has all but gone (poor boy is desperate to get his leg over down there on the south coast), French Tony can go any time he wants (drive him down the East Lancs quick before Moyes changes his mind) but Stephen Ireland should be kept (who else has an ounce of imagination in this current squad) at all costs for the season but if he doesn't break through then he can go.

Distin in the mix for Sunday

Sylvain Distin stands every chance of playing in Sunday’s Premiership opener at Stamford Bridge despite his uncertain future with Manchester City.

The Club accepted an offer from Middlesbrough for the 28-year-old defender earlier in the week, but Stuart Pearce has explained how Distin is still very much part of his plans against Chelsea.

“We've had an offer from somebody, he has been to talk to them but at the moment he can't agree personal terms. From my point of view, I'm quite happy.

“It won't be beneficial to me if this carries on until the end of the transfer window, but if it does go to the end of the window and he decides to sign his contract here, we'll be delighted.

“His focus on the training field has been as good as anybody, and if he is selected on Sunday that will remain the same. We have to consider him as a player for all our games, and we have never done any less with him.”

The Manager is as pragmatic as ever when discussing how, despite not wanting to lose one of his key players, he has to consider all possibilities regarding transfers.

“I've been talking with Sylvain about a new contract for 15 months, he's been to talk with another club but it might sharpen his focus, and he might come and say 'I want to stay with you'.

“With the Bosman ruling clubs have to look at all situations. From my point of view it's a win-win situation - if Sylvain leaves it enables us to free money up to invest elsewhere. If he decides to stay I've got a very good player on my books for at least another year and hopefully longer.”

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pagegid=...p;newsid=356108

Chelsea tickets sold out 18/08/2006 14:54

City's allocation of tickets for Sunday's Premiership opener at Chelsea have now sold out.

There will be no seats on sale on the day of the match itself.

Youv'e got to hand it to our travelling fans. They must be the best in the EPL. 5,000 fans on average, travel to watch our boys week in, week out :o

Archived