Manchester City

mrbojangles

• Replies 28.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

....well today our season starts :o with a nice win over Citeh!

CAFC 2 CITEH 0

Happy days :D

So YOU are the Charlton fan

...When I die I will go straight to heaven, done my penance on earth watching our lot play <deleted>! :D

Us city fans know only too well, what you mean :D

My life has git a bit tedious these past seasons - how often have i had to tell the wife the morning after the game "we were the best team, had loads of chances just couldn't put them away, they scored one from their two chances...etc...etc..." somebody should have warned here about marrying a City fan!

All i can say is great goal, great second half, some great goalkeeping, deserved something from it, but keep that SECOND half performance and build on it and we'll be ok.

I heard before the game we'd got something like 5 points out of 51 on the road - what is our problem? Is it tactics or the players themselves. If they don't employ one, they might think of bringing in a shrink to talk-up the players. Something has got to change. I remember us back in the 80's wehn we had the like of Law, Marsh, Buzzer, etc playing and we never won away.

PS . See City are eying Spurs Anthony Gardner - he's made just one appearance for Spurs this season, in the Carling Cup against MK Dons.

My life has git a bit tedious these past seasons - how often have i had to tell the wife the morning after the game "we were the best team, had loads of chances just couldn't put them away, they scored one from their two chances...etc...etc..." somebody should have warned here about marrying a City fan!

All i can say is great goal, great second half, some great goalkeeping, deserved something from it, but keep that SECOND half performance and build on it and we'll be ok.

I heard before the game we'd got something like 5 points out of 51 on the road - what is our problem? Is it tactics or the players themselves. If they don't employ one, they might think of bringing in a shrink to talk-up the players. Something has got to change. I remember us back in the 80's wehn we had the like of Law, Marsh, Buzzer, etc playing and we never won away.

PS . See City are eying Spurs Anthony Gardner - he's made just one appearance for Spurs this season, in the Carling Cup against MK Dons.

You might be trying to pretend that you are not an old fart, however the era with those guys was the 70's!!!, which I do remember. I was a season ticket holder from around 74 to 79 and we had great adventurous teams, however we have always had problems away from home.

Right now it is a mental thing, that coupled with the fact that we need a recognised goal scorer.

I am a supporter of Pearce, however I have to question his reasoning in buying Samaras for 6 mill.

From what I have seen and heard he will be a very good player for the future. With funds being so low I would have thought the money would have been better spent on Ashton/Johnson/Keane/

you know guys i think it would be good if you go down this year, you will get your confidence up with a few years in the lower divisions, and you will not be sulky each morning you get up after a city game,and your tilaks will love you more for it.

and you no what us reds will do you a favour and send you down in may,and in the same game we will wrap up the premiership.

you know guys i think it would be good if you go down this year, you will get your confidence up with a few years in the lower divisions, and you will not be sulky each morning you get up after a city game,and your tilaks will love you more for it.

and you no what us reds will do you a favour and send you down in may,and in the same game we will wrap up the premiership.

You have obviously been sniffing too much glue Nev!!!!

jackndanny,,,,come on mate you know it makes sense.

i am just on a high, the way we are playing, city chelsea leeds and arsenal all loosing. one game at a time i aint getting giddy just nice to be on top.

will see you city guys on saturday night at the butchers arms,am i the only red going,lol.

i am just on a high, the way we are playing, city chelsea leeds and arsenal all loosing. one game at a time i aint getting giddy just nice to be on top.

will see you city guys on saturday night at the butchers arms,am i the only red going,lol.

Its been changed ..Its now at the Dogs <deleted>.

However the only way they will let you in is if you wear your Man Ure shirt. Hope to see you Saturday

I thought that City had already done their stint in the lower divisions, I vividly remember the beatings we would regularly hand them out at Elm Park.

However they did beat us 3-1 at home the year they won League 1.

I am of the opinion though that City will not be relegated, I think Boro have worse problems...and they have been in the Premiership about as long as City have.

One thing I will say about City fans though is that they have one of the most loyal bunch of fans it has ever been my privilidge to stand with.

My old boss was a mad city fan and he would often take me to watch them at Oxford. Once he got us tickets in the away end with the City fans.

I got talking to some of them and told them I was not a City fan..but was in their end. They were very pleasent, one wanted to give me a City scarf...to try to lead me on the path to true football enlightenment.

I think they won that day (although I remember that German centre forward scored ..Rossler was it??...was in the Kinklazee (spelling) days.

So there are 2 AWAY wins to remember !!!

PS I remember Frank Clark was manager then.

Mr.B....I would be interested to hear what you remember about Brian Horton being named as manager. I can recall the back page of the Sun's screaming headlines

"BRIAN WHO" ?????

Chok dee

TP

PS..I think he has just been sacked from Macclesfield and is looking for employment...just a thought !!!!

I thought that City had already done their stint in the lower divisions, I vividly remember the beatings we would regularly hand them out at Elm Park.

I am of the opinion though that City will not be relegated, I think Boro have worse problems...and they have been in the Premiership about as long as City have.

One thing I will say about City fans though is that they have one of the most loyal bunch of fans it has ever been my privilidge to stand with.

My old boss was a mad city fan and he would often take me to watch them at Oxford. Once he got us tickets in the away end with the City fans.

I got talking to some of them and told them I was not a City fan..but was in their end. They were very pleasent, one wanted to give me a City scarf...to try to lead me on the path to true football enlightenment.

I think they won that day (although I remember that German centre forward scored ..Rossler was it??...was in the Kinklazee (spelling) days.

Mr.B....I would be interested to hear what you remember about Brian Horton being named as manager. I can recall the back page of the Sun's screaming headlines

"BRIAN WHO" ?????

Chok dee

TP

PS..I think he has just been sacked from Macclesfield and is looking for employment...just a thought !!!!

In my opinion he was one of the worst managers we have had. That coupled with the fact that most Blues remembered him as being part of the Luton team that we played on the last game of the season, we either lost or drew and got relegated!!!

However the only way they will let you in is if you wear your Man Ure shirt. Hope to see you Saturday

Where's the Dogs <deleted>? And when did it get changed to that venue? :o

Holy Sh#t Mr Bo. Have you just woke up???

I am pulling his leg!!!!!!

The Dogs <deleted> is/was a notorious Chelsea pub somewhere on Soi Post Office

:D Late night last night and have only a few minutes "ont tinternet" so was speed reading :D:D

"Stuart Pearce is remaining upbeat despite a weekend when Premiership results, including his own, couldn't have gone any worse for City" I'll have what ever he's on please...

What a joke .... sooner or later Pearce has to realise that the forwards HE HAS SIGNED are utterly rubbish. They all look like they are wearing concrete boots, they are so slow and do not cause any problems for opposing defences. Our main attacking threat appears to be defenders from set pieces and unless a goalscorer is bought in Jan we are going down! :o

"Stuart Pearce is remaining upbeat despite a weekend when Premiership results, including his own, couldn't have gone any worse for City" I'll have what ever he's on please...

What a joke .... sooner or later Pearce has to realise that the forwards HE HAS SIGNED are utterly rubbish. They all look like they are wearing concrete boots, they are so slow and do not cause any problems for opposing defences. Our main attacking threat appears to be defenders from set pieces and unless a goalscorer is bought in Jan we are going down! :o

mate pearce was a great player,but i have my doubts he has what it takes to be a manager.

The Dogs <deleted> is on Soi Yamoto.

You might be trying to pretend that you are not an old fart, however the era with those guys was the 70's!!!, which I do remember. I was a season ticket holder from around 74 to 79 and we had great adventurous teams, however we have always had problems away from home.

Right now it is a mental thing, that coupled with the fact that we need a recognised goal scorer.

I am a supporter of Pearce, however I have to question his reasoning in buying Samaras for 6 mill.

From what I have seen and heard he will be a very good player for the future. With funds being so low I would have thought the money would have been better spent on Ashton/Johnson/Keane/

Where do you get that "You might be trying to pretend that you are not an old fart" from? 47 years young in case you're interested.

74 - ah, a vintage year that, ManUre got relegated by Law's wonderful back heel (with me in the Stretford End Paddock), te he :o

Well said fellow Blue, "what are you on" Nev?

My other half has experienced the delights of away days at Port Vale and 3rd tier games and KNOWS we are back where we belong as much as i might get p*ssed off with this lot in the Premier.

So you’re looking for a Denis Law back heel to relegate us are you? Law played for us then you then us, so you could buy the Goat who played for you, then us...Nah, don't think we'll be relegated nor do i think we'll make Europe, we'll struggle along. That said, if we'd won against Charlton, and we should of, we'd be 11th equal on points with spurs. It’s a fine line, Nev, a fine line.

PS. I have a sneaking suspicion, even though i still believe tragedy is round the corner when Fergie retires, that you might pip Chelski this year – they’re not looking too dominate this season are they.

"BRIAN WHO" ?????

Chok dee

TP

It’s always good watching a neutral team and seeing their fans up close. Spent lots of Friday nights down Stockport County (see they're bombing up the league right now), and my brothers and I used to go to watch our local neighbours (Bury, Rochdale, Bolton in particular) when we were away down sarf and we had no money to travel. Also used to be watch Forest (in their glory days) and Notts County regular during 6 years working in Nottm, and Cambridge and Norwich during 3 years working in Cambridge.

Had a quick check on www.mcfcstats.com for you. Your Oxford game would have been Sunday 2/2/97 and we beat Oxford 4-1 away, with an OG, Kinky 2 and Rosler 1. Our record against you in the 3rd tier (is 12, 6, 2, 4, 18-13), in 2nd tier (9,5,2,2, 15-10) and top tier (1,0,0,1, 0-1) is overall P12, W6,L2,D4, F18-A13.

Brian Horton was an unknown when he joined us but I recall he did alright and was unlucky to be pushed out – far better than alan Ball, Frank Clarke and Coppell’s 44 day stint (or whatever it was). Think Ince is Macclesfield’s manager now is he, and they’re rock bottom. Hope they survive being a local club (place is full of Blues).

Where do you get that "You might be trying to pretend that you are not an old fart" from? 47 years young in case you're interested.

74 - ah, a vintage year that, ManUre got relegated by Law's wonderful back heel (with me in the Stretford End Paddock), te he :o

bred blue i was in the stretford end paddock that day up at the back near the bar,what was you doing in the red section,and not in the scoreboard, as i recall city i think had one or maybe 2 sections,and when laws goal went in it emptied very quickly,i will not get in to a debate but we new we was already down as the other results that day was not going our way.

remember law did not celebrate his goal went off in tears.

i loved that guy a great player used to score some fantastic goals.

and i too used to go county friday nights, used to no all stockports main lads, and i used to go a few aways with them.

i am not getting giddy about uniteds chances but we are playing well,we have to avoid injuries are depth in the squad is very weak.

chelsea are not as dominant this year but they have cover in every position may be the difference.

are you going to the piss up mate would love a beer with you and the other blues.

Well well well here we go again.One win,One defeat,etc.You know this can not continue!!If it does CITY ARE GOING DOWN,and ive previously stated this woul;d be obviously an unmitigated disaster,perhaps one we may NEVER RECOVER FROM.To those who remain loyal to SP care to enlighten me into exactly why???????????What has he actually achieved??????

Well well well here we go again.One win,One defeat,etc.You know this can not continue!!If it does CITY ARE GOING DOWN,and ive previously stated this woul;d be obviously an unmitigated disaster,perhaps one we may NEVER RECOVER FROM.To those who remain loyal to SP care to enlighten me into exactly why???????????What has he actually achieved??????

The GRIM REAPER has spoken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nev: bred blue i was in the stretford end paddock that day up at the back near the bar,what was you doing in the red section,and not in the scoreboard, as i recall city i think had one or maybe 2 sections,and when laws goal went in it emptied very quickly,i will not get in to a debate but we new we was already down as the other results that day was not going our way.

remember law did not celebrate his goal went off in tears.

i loved that guy a great player used to score some fantastic goals.

and i too used to go county friday nights, used to no all stockports main lads, and i used to go a few aways with them.

You know mate for the life of me i can't rememeber which red got me the ticket and who i was with, i do remember gettting on the 53 back to Belle Vue and a red from across the street from ours was threatening to let everyone know i was a blue - <deleted>!

As for DL, my old man always reckons that in his first spell with City he was the best player he'd ever seen for city - in one box one minute, in the other the next (before box-to-box players).

Nope, i'll be in Singabloogypore that day. Enjoy the banter mate.

The GRIM REAPER has spoken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o:D

I think you will find that mantle belongs to SP!!

Archived