Manchester City

mrbojangles

We were threatening this for a while. I know it is all about results at the end of the day but at least we were playing well away (Wigan game the exeption). The only thing I see though is mid table mediocrity. However, if a certain SWP returns we ould push for Europe this year!

Anyone know a link for Distins goal or if the goals will be repeated on UBC? I missed the review last night and I'm desperate to see it.

Why do City fans want this JUDAS back?! :o (Absolutly no chance of it happening btw)

• Replies 28.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why do City fans want this JUDAS back?! :o (Absolutly no chance of it happening btw)

I presume your'e talking about SWP.

I don't think he was a Judas. He didn't want to leave and didn't ask to leave. He kept on refusing the bids until it just got too high. We all have aprice.

If we get him back for say £10m, he will have made us £13m. If i went to City and said i'll give you £13m, i'd expect a place on the Board :D

post-19542-1165062226.jpg

Micah Richards

Squad no: 2

Date of birth: 24/06/1988

Place of Birth: Birmingham

Position: Defender

Height (ft): 5.11

Weight (st): 13.08

International Caps: 0

International Goals: 0

Micah Richards joined City from Oldham Athletic as a 14-year-old and has since progressed through the Club's successful Academy.

The 2005/06 season has brought good things for young Micah. He featured in many of the senior side's pre-season fixtures, even making the trip to Thailand and playing against Bolton and Everton.

On his first game back from Thailand, Micah went out and scored a hat-trick in the reserves 4-3 win at Stalybridge. His goalscoring form has continued into the season, scoring vital goals away at Wigan in a 3-2 win and Liverpool in November's 1-1.

Such as been his form, Micah was voted the Club's Reserve Player of the Month for October 2005.

Made his first team debut as a substitute in the 1-0 defeat at Highbury in October, and came close to scoring after being pushed forward as City sought an equalizer.

Called into the starting XI for the 3-2 win over Charlton as a right-back and made a great impression in an unfamiliar position. Followed that up by scoring in stoppage time in the very next match, a 5th round cup tie at Villa Park. He capped that by jumping into the City fans to celebrate, then swore live on national television when asked to describe how it felt!

Other fine performances followed as Micah remained in the City senior side until the end of the season.

Micah took the City number two shirt during the close season and made his England Under 21 debut against Moldova in August 2006.

post-19542-1165062311.jpg

Jihai Sun

Squad no: 17

Date of birth: 30/09/1977

Place of Birth: Dalian, China

Height (ft): 5.09

Weight (st): 12.08

International Caps: 61

Defender Sun Jihai, though in his native China his name is reversed his surname being Sun, had been a target of City's for several months before the Chinese international spent a week training with the City squad before agreeing the switch from his home club of Dalian Wanda in February 2002.

This is Sun's second spell in English football having previously spent a couple of seasons at Crystal Palace before returning to China.

He made eight appearances for the Blues in his first season and was a member of the China squad in the 2002 World Cup. But the defender had little chance to impress on the world stage after he picked up an ankle injury in the first game and had to sit out the rest of China's campaign which ended at the group stages.

Jihai then became the first Chinese player to score in the Premiership when he headed home the first City goal in their 2-0 win over Birmingham in October 2002. It was the first match in which he had played right wing back for the club. He continued with impressive displays in that role denying Shaun Wright-Phillips a place in the side.

He scored his second of the season for the Blues at Sunderland in early December during the 3-0 win.

With the arrival of Danny Mills at the start of the 2004/05 season the China international found himself acting as a utility player with roles in midfield. But in the 1-0 win over Chelsea in October 2004 his season was cruelly cut short.

Playing for the first time in a central midfield role due to injuries to Claudio Reyna and Joey Barton he was injured in a tackle with Eidur Gudjohnsen that damaged his cruciate and medial ligaments in his left knee.

Completed his rehab and returned to training by the end of the season without mishap. Went home to China in the close season and followed a specially designed training programme to build his fitness before returning for the start of the 2005/06 season.

After a steady season for the popular utility man was rewarded with a two-year extension on his City deal at the start of May 2006.

Unfortunately for Jihai he was unable to play on City's pre-season visit to his homeland after picking up a hamstring injury, but this did not stop him being mobbed at the airport on arrival or from being the focus of much local media scrutiny.

Last of the defenders

post-19542-1165062398.jpg

Matthew Mills

Squad no: 26

Date of birth: 14/07/1986

Place of Birth: Swindon

Height (ft): 6.03

Weight (st): 13.07

Matthew Mills joined City from Southampton in the January 2006 transfer window. With his Saints contract due up at the end of season, Stuart Pearce stole in for a real bargain, paying just £250,000 for the England Under 19 player.

After loan spells at Coventry and Bournermouth, Mills returned to Southampton and after being sparing used by Harry Redknapp, new boss George Burley handed Mills a run of impressive games which ultimately led to Matt's departure.

The signing of the Swindon-born centre back is definitely a sign of Stuart Pearce's intent to build a young and talented Manchester City squad.

After steady performances for the reserves Mills earnt his first senior appearance coming off the bench with five minutes remaining of the away trip to Chelsea in March.

To cap a fine month for the young defender, he was awarded the Thomas Cook Reserve Team Player of the Month for March 2006.

Matthew has continued to make progress in the reserves, and he made his first start for the senior side against Wigan in October 2006.

No offence intended whatsover Mr.B...but have you not got something better to do than post all these profiles of players that the majority of us have never heard of?

But you are definatley on a loser with the lst one...he's from SWINDON :o

Warmest regards

TP

No offence intended whatsover Mr.B...but have you not got something better to do than post all these profiles of players that the majority of us have never heard of?

But you are definatley on a loser with the lst one...he's from SWINDON :D

Warmest regards

TP

No offence taken TP. I just didn't understand what you were talking about :D

As for the players, that's why i am posting them. Cos many of you don't know them. But i'll stop if you like :o

Warmest regards

TP

As for the players, that's why i am posting them. Cos many of you don't know them. But i'll stop if you like :o

Carry on Mr Bo, its informative. :D

I presume your'e talking about SWP.

I don't think he was a Judas. He didn't want to leave and didn't ask to leave. He kept on refusing the bids until it just got too high. We all have aprice.

If we get him back for say £10m, he will have made us £13m. If i went to City and said i'll give you £13m, i'd expect a place on the Board :D

Here is a conundrum. Chelsea want Micah Richards. At what price , if any , do you let him go?

Would you consider letting him go if Chelsea were to offer Shaun Wright Phillips plus cash/Glen Johnson?

If they are now valuing Wright Phillips at 10 Million, if they were to give us him plus either 5 mill cash or Glen Johnson, is it worth doing?

Warmest regards

TP

:D Ah now I understand, please feel free to carry on Mr.B. its your forum after all :D I am certainly not going to suggest you don't post whatever you want to post I merely questioned why you did it and know I understand completely :D

Carry on Seargent Major :o

TP

Carry on Mr Bo, its informative. :D

Cheers Jack :D

:D Ah now I understand, please feel free to carry on Mr.B. its your forum after all :D I am certainly not going to suggest you don't post whatever you want to post I merely questioned why you did it and know I understand completely :D

Carry on Seargent Major :o

Will do sir :D

Midfielders

post-19542-1165231313.jpg

Claudio Reyna

Squad no: 6

Date of birth: 20/07/1973

Place of Birth: Livingston, USA

Position: Midfielder

Height (ft): 5.09

Weight (st): 11.11

International Caps: 112

International Goals: 8

Claudio Reyna joined Sunderland in a £4.5m deal from Rangers in December 2001, having previously plied his trade in Germany for Bayer Leverkusen and Wolfsburg.

He quickly made his mark at the Stadium of Light with some polished midfield displays. The New Jersey-born player had an outstanding World Cup in 2002 in Japan and Korea, helping the U.S. reach the quarter-finals.

He was named in the FIFA World Cup All-star team alongside Ronaldinho, Rivaldo and Michael Ballack in midfield - the first American to be given that honour.

In August 2003, wanting to remain in the Premiership he looked set to sign for Fulham but when the deal hit a snag Kevin Keegan moved for the midfielder. The boss believed that the American could play in a number of midfield postions so increasing his options.

Made his debut as a second half substitute in City's win over Aston Villa in September 2003 and was in the starting line up in the Uefa Cup victory over Lokeren. He made his first start in the Premiership at Molineux when City went down 1-0.

Looked impressive in the early part of the 2005/06 season, but a couple of leg injuries saw him sit out long stretches in the autumn and in the new year.

After his return another slight injury picked up against Wigan in March 2006 kept him out for three games, but on his return he was as steady as ever, earning his place in the USA World Cup squad as captain. Following his country's exit from the tournament, Claudio announced his retirement from international football

post-19542-1165231427.jpg

Dietmar Hamann

Squad no: 21

Date of birth: 27/08/1973

Place of Birth: Waldasson, Germany

Height (ft): 6.03

Weight (st): 13.01

International Caps: 57

The former Liverpool midfielder joined City on a free transfer from Bolton in July 2006, and signed a two-year contract with the Blues.

After transferring from Bayern Munich to Newcastle United in 1998, Hamann spent one season in the north-east, where he was a team-mate of Pearce's, before moving to Liverpool.

In his seven years there, Hamann played a major part in the club capturing a string of honours, and scored from the penalty spot in the 2005 Champions League and 2006 FA Cup final shoot-outs.

Capped 57 times by his country, 'Didi' also holds the distinction of being the last player to score at the old Wembley, his free-kick being the only goal of the game when Germany played England in October 2000.

A foot injury picked up during the summer trip to China saw Didi make a slow start to his City career with his league debut coming in September's 4-2 loss at Blackburn.

that is not an easy one JacknDanny. I love SWP and he would make such a huge impact if he came back. But Micah is going tobe huge but we all know he won't stay if th big boys come a knocking. SWP fingers have been burnt and he has seen the grass isn't greener at a bigger club. You might be top of the league or in the Champions League, but if you are sat on the bench it counts for nothing.

I would take SWP, Johnson and 10 million. :D oh, and a clause that if he doesn't settle or start more than 20 games a season, we get him back for 5 million :o

Hello everyone,

Been in Bangkok a couple of months now, wondering if there was anywhere that any fellow masochists regularly watch matches here?? Would love some morale support on Saturday!

Fair play to Watford, played for and got. hopefully we can do the same come Saturday!

Hello everyone,

Been in Bangkok a couple of months now, wondering if there was anywhere that any fellow masochists regularly watch matches here?? Would love some morale support on Saturday!

Fair play to Watford, played for and got. hopefully we can do the same come Saturday!

I tend to be a boring fart at weekends and watch all the games at home!!

Stayed up last night to watch :o:D

City0-Watford0-Normal service resumed then eh?I really dont know why i bother anymore!!!

Yep :o In fairness to Watford though. They needed the point and just stifled the game. IMO

I agree Mr Bo,however City were not at the races period first half and when they needed to get down and dirty they were found sadly lacking.Second half was a big improvement and indeed when Reyna was replaced by Hamann they actually started playing football.Methinks Reynas place is in jeopardy.Also ive given Samaras a long time to sort himself out,he aint,hes not cutting it and i dont think hes going to!!Need a decent strike partner fpr Corradi who is impressing me now.What do you reckon for the Derby then Mr Bo??I hate to be negative but im going for 3-1 to the scum.

Second half was a big improvement and indeed when Reyna was replaced by Hamann they actually started playing football.Methinks Reynas place is in jeopardy.

Yep

Also ive given Samaras a long time to sort himself out,he aint,hes not cutting it and i dont think hes going to!!Need a decent strike partner fpr Corradi who is impressing me now.

Yep

What do you reckon for the Derby then Mr Bo??I hate to be negative but im going for 3-1 to the scum.

And yep again. I'm very worried about the derby. At our current form and the current form of the scum :o we could be in for a record, all time drubbing :D

From skysports:-

Lee the hero as Hornets draw

By Tom Adams - Created on 04 Dec 06

Premiership strugglers Watford survived a late penalty scare to restrict Manchester City to a 0-0 draw at Eastlands.

Given City's unbeaten home record, and Watford's winless away campaign, the writing was on the wall for a frustrating night for The Hornets, but they went closest in a first half severely lacking in quality when Danny Shittu rattled the crossbar.

After the break, only some superb goalkeeping from Richard Lee, and a late penalty decision in their favour, prevented the Hertfordshire side from suffering their eighth defeat of the campaign as City missed a great chance to claim three points.

Going in search of their first victory on their travels, Watford were inches away from taking the lead after eight minutes when Nicky Weaver did fantastically well to claw Damien Francis's looping header from under the bar after a cross from Tommy Smith.

With summer signing Andreas Isaksson sitting attentively on the bench after shaking off an injury, the City number one was in need of a good performance and produced another impressive save on 16 minutes when he stuck a foot out to deny Darius Henderson's goal-bound header on the line.

City, however, also threatened in a busy first quarter of an hour, with talented young England international Micah Richards having a fierce snapshot pushed round the post after Gavin Mahon's header clear.

Hornets keeper Lee also had to be alert when a Joey Barton corner was headed into the box, but with Richard Dunne, Georgios Samaras and Richards all bustling for the ball, the shot stopper managed to palm clear, despite being off balance.

A bright start to the game soon gave way to an entrenched physical conflict, and Watford saw Francis booked for leading with his arm in an aerial challenge with Barton, whilst Mahon should have joined him in the book with another hefty collision with the same player.

Darius Vassell was also cautioned for a crude foul on Ashley Young - one of the few players capable of producing something memorable - as the first half drifted away, but just moments before the break, Shittu rattled the crossbar with a strong header from the last of the 12 corners in the first 45 minutes.

The scrappy nature of the contest continued in the second half, and a lacklustre City side were struggling to get a clear shot on goal, with Vassell and Claudio Reyna denied by timely interceptions from Shittu and Jay DeMerit.

With the ball spending more time in the air than the Wright Brothers, Pearce opted to introduce Ishmael Miller for the lightweight Samaras, and another thumping aerial challenge from Mahon gave City a set-piece in a dangerous area and earned the midfielder a booking.

Barton curled his free-kick round the static wall on 65 minutes, but Lee produced an outstanding one-handed stop, as he dived full to his left and then bundled the rebound out for a corner.

Disappointingly, the chance failed to ignite the game, despite Barton again testing Lee with a low drive from outside the box, until the last five minutes when Francis threatened with a weak shot.

The warning was a spur for City to redouble their efforts, and, after Richards saw his effort deflected over, Corradi produced another stunning stop from Lee, as the Hornets keeper somehow got a hand to his snapshot volley.

Just 60 seconds later, the Italian striker was furious after being denied a penalty, but if Corradi's fall had been slightly less dramatic then DeMerit may have been penalised for a tug on his opponent's shirt.

Watford, however, held on to move into double figures for the season, with City's point moving them into the top half of the table.

For the benefit of Redrus :o a few more profiles of midfielders :D

post-19542-1165417219.jpg

Joey Barton

Squad no: 8

Date of birth: 02/09/1982

Place of Birth: Huyton, Liverpool

Height (ft): 5.11

Weight (st): 12.04

The Huyton born midfielder made his full debut for the Blues at the Reebok Stadium in City's 2-0 defeat there against Bolton in 2002/03 season.

Joey scored his first goal for the Club in the 2-0 Premiership win over Spurs at

He continued his run of good form at the start of the 2003/4 season and grabbed his second City goal against Blackburn Rovers in that memorable 3-2 August victory. As a result, Joey was rewarded with a call up to the England U21 squad for their Euro qualifiers against Macedonia and Portugal.

Scored his first goal of the 2004/05 season with a thunderous 20-yard drive in the 7-1 thrashing of Barnsley in the second round of the Carling Cup in September after penning a new deal with City that would keep him with the Blues until 2007.

Ever-present in the side in 2005/06, he began to weigh in with a few goals, most memorably a 30-yard screamer in the 3-2 win over Charlton. Barton ended the season as third top scorer at the Club and signed a new four-year contract with City in July 2006.

Joey started the 2006/07 pre-season in fine form again as he netted a first half hat-trick in the 3-0 warm up win at Port Vale . He carried this into the Premiership as he scored City's first two goals of the season - the first the winner against Arsenal in August, the second the equaliser against Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park.

post-19542-1165417329.jpg

Stephen Ireland

Squad no: 7

Date of birth: 22/08/1986

Place of Birth: Cork, Ireland

Height (ft): 5.08

Weight (st): 10.04

International Caps: 1

Yet another Academy graduate, Ireland's composure on the ball and eye for a pass made him a permanent fixture in the City squad during the 2005/06 season after impressing for the reserves during the early part of the season.

As a result of those stand-out performances for the reserves he was the obvious winner of the Thomas Cook Player of the Month for Steve Wigley's men during August/September.

Stephen signed a contract extension with City in October 2005 as he continued to go from strength to strength in a City shirt.

The young midfielder was rewarded with a call up to the full Ireland squad in February 2006. Stephen's progress was marked with his first goal at international level against Cyprus in October 2006

For the benefit of Redrus :o a few more profiles of midfielders :D

Joey Barton

post-16343-1165418993_thumb.jpg

Squad no: 8

Date of birth: 02/09/1982

Place of Birth: Huyton, Liverpool

Cheeky <deleted>, for my benefit it would be a dirty bin dipper too.................!!!!! :D:D

redrus

Hey peeps, just found this interesting article.

The shirts worn by the City team on Armistice Day are currently being auctioned off on Ebay to raise money for the Royal British Legion.

Each shirt, embroidered with a red poppy, is available on the auction web site with the bids well into the hundreds already.

City was the only Premiership club to mark the annual weekend of remembrance in this way, and was inundated with enquiries about the shirts following the match against Newcastle.

The auction for the shirts, which have all been signed by the player that wore them, lasts until December 9. Please check each shirt for the end time of the auction.

post-19542-1165420958_thumb.jpg post-19542-1165420975_thumb.jpg

Link to the shirts on e-bay here:- http://search.ebay.co.uk/Poppy-Appeal-Shir...gZ1QQsofocusZbs

Currently, Richard Dunnes is doing best. We're big hearted at City ya know :o

Archived