Manchester City

mrbojangles

• Replies 28.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You have got a sense of humour. You should be a Blue!!!

:o I suddenly lost it................ :D

redrus

Born in Belfast,a red since "64"-brother born in manx a blue in "70"

FAMILY DIVIDED,but always a RED-------GREAT RESULT TONIGHT

JohnShaw,perhaps you,re a tad confused son this is the Man City page the scum page is the one after ok?Im from Belfast too btw :D

COME ON YOU REDS

Could this be the answers to our prayers???

MANCHESTER City are in talks with a mystery investor that could lead to a £70m takeover, it has been revealed.

Chairman John Wardle revealed that the Blues are involved in talks with an unidentifed individual for a significant investment in the club.

It is believed there are two other possible investors waiting in the wings, although the club's books have not yet been opened to any of them.

Wardle said the talks were "at a very early stage", and was keeping tight-lipped on the amount of money involved.

But any investment approaching £70m could lead to a takeover bid with the backing of Wardle and his board. He said: "I can confirm that during the past year, we have indentified a series of leads in relation to possible investment in the club.

"I can further confirm that we are currently in talks with an investor that may lead to potential investment."

Potential

Wardle has always made it clear he would be willing to step aside should it be a requirement of any potential deal, although it is not known exactly how much day-to-day involvement the specific investor City are talking to would have in the club.

Wardle and business partner David Makin have personally ploughed £20m of their own money into the club but, at a time when rivals of similar standing such as Aston Villa and West Ham have recently been taken over with the prospect of extra money being made available for transfers, they remain acutely aware of the need to attract more funds.

Wardle added: "The board are aware that we need further investment to maintain our challenge in an increasingly competitive and high-finance Premier League. With the new TV deal commencing next season, we are all conscious of the importance of the current campaign.

"Whether or not the current talks succeed, the policy of the board is to welcome approaches from investors who can demonstrate the capacity to provide long-term benefit for the club."

It would cost any prospective purchaser around £70m to take full control of the Blues and they would probably have to buy out major shareholders Wardle and Makin (29.95%), The Boler Estate (19.95%) and either BSKYB (9.88%) or former chairman Francis Lee (7.13%) to attain a controlling interest.

Delicate

Although both Wardle and chief executive Alistair Mackintosh are wary of giving too much information given the delicate nature of negotiations, the mere fact they have gone public with the news is seen as a sign of confidence talks will eventually reach a positive conclusion.

While Mackintosh has been heavily criticised by some sections of the City support for not bringing in new funds, a lot of behind-the-scenes work has gone unnoticed.

He has had numerous meetings with potential investors, who have promised much only for City to then discover their capacity to deliver was insufficient to meet the needs of the multi-million pound football industry at the highest level.

“Over the past year we have identified a series of leads in relation to possible investment,” said Mackintosh.

“We have always made it clear that the club would welcome new investment from anybody with the best interests of the club at heart.”

I hope so. If we ever want to compete seriously, we need someone with dosh........lots of dosh !!

(for the benefit of Redrus :o ) We are a MASSIVE club and should be competing for Champion's leagues, not just aiming for mid-table.

I wish my name was Bojangleovski, and i had billions to spare :D

I hope so. If we ever want to compete seriously, we need someone with dosh........lots of dosh !!

(for the benefit of Redrus :o ) We are a MASSIVE club and should be competing for Champion's leagues, not just aiming for mid-table.

200 million would do mr bo :D

200 million would do mr bo :D

I think i've got that, in old Italian Lira :D

70m is unquestionably a lot of money..but will it buy you any silverware...I think not.

Fistly I would humbley point out that you don't need a shed load of dosh to be sucesful, you need good teamwork and to ensure that the players have a though understanding of each others game..and in some cases name!

Thats where you "Big Clubs" go wrong...bring in players that have difficulty with the language barrier and then expect them to perform to their 10m price tag.

Look at what Reading and Wigan have achieved with very little money...even Bolton who are now a permanant fixture in the Premiership...Big Sam is always wheeling and dealing in the free transfer market with a great rate of success. His reputation was on the line when he paid 6.5m for Anelka.

Some clubs spend big money on players that are not worth a fraction of the cost. Some Managers and Chairmen just asume that because a player comes with a 10m price tag..he must be brilliant.

Just look how much Newcastle have wasted on players!!!!

OK so you get 70m at City...who are you gonna spend it on..who wants to go to City if they ARE worth so much then these players would rarther go to clubs that (sorry to say it) have a chance of winning things

When moaning Jose took over at Chelsea they were not on the verge of anything...but he knew which players to bring in and which ones to ship out and apart from the odd hickup (again I hate to say it but SWP), he has spent Romans Millions wisely and brought the club success, but if City got 70m...thats what 3 or 4 World Class Players heading for City...I can't see it happening. Not only that but SP has to identify who they are and convince them to come to City...he is NOT a great tactition, a good honest manager yes, but he is not in Morinho's league (of whom I am no big fan- but I respect what he and Alex Furguson have achieved at their respective clubs).

If you got your 70m,,,the first thing you would have to do is find somebody to spend it properly...and that ain't SP.

Take instances like the Steve Sidwell scenario.....if City had offered enough for him before the season started he would have gone, but they wanted to wait to see how he is getting on the the Premiership...well he is man of The Match mostly every game and scoring freely from midfield.In August there was a figure of 2m being bandied about...I think that figure for someone so young and talented will substantially rise. He knows he is in the shop window as he did not want a new contract and he is playing out of his skin to attract the interset of a Top Club...now managers like his former one Wenger are taking a good look at him again...so where do you think he will see his future , slogging it out with no reward in the Prem...or the chance to win siverware and experience Europe?..not to mention International honours that will surely be coming his way...and you can't blame him for that can you?

So what to do with 70m?

Bugger it lets all go down the pub and have a right old time !!!

Everything football wise always gets sorted down the pub

This post is in no way supposed to be disrespectful to City fans...as a FOOTBALL fan ..its just the way I see it from my point of view, which you will no doubt disagree with and counter

Regards

TP

70m is unquestionably a lot of money..but will it buy you any silverware...I think not.

Fistly I would humbley point out that you don't need a shed load of dosh to be sucesful, you need good teamwork and to ensure that the players have a though understanding of each others game..and in some cases name!

Thats where you "Big Clubs" go wrong...bring in players that have difficulty with the language barrier and then expect them to perform to their 10m price tag.

Look at what Reading and Wigan have achieved with very little money...even Bolton who are now a permanant fixture in the Premiership...Big Sam is always wheeling and dealing in the free transfer market with a great rate of success. His reputation was on the line when he paid 6.5m for Anelka.

Some clubs spend big money on players that are not worth a fraction of the cost. Some Managers and Chairmen just asume that because a player comes with a 10m price tag..he must be brilliant.

Just look how much Newcastle have wasted on players!!!!

OK so you get 70m at City...who are you gonna spend it on..who wants to go to City if they ARE worth so much then these players would rarther go to clubs that (sorry to say it) have a chance of winning things

When moaning Jose took over at Chelsea they were not on the verge of anything...but he knew which players to bring in and which ones to ship out and apart from the odd hickup (again I hate to say it but SWP), he has spent Romans Millions wisely and brought the club success, but if City got 70m...thats what 3 or 4 World Class Players heading for City...I can't see it happening. Not only that but SP has to identify who they are and convince them to come to City...he is NOT a great tactition, a good honest manager yes, but he is not in Morinho's league (of whom I am no big fan- but I respect what he and Alex Furguson have achieved at their respective clubs).

If you got your 70m,,,the first thing you would have to do is find somebody to spend it properly...and that ain't SP.

Take instances like the Steve Sidwell scenario.....if City had offered enough for him before the season started he would have gone, but they wanted to wait to see how he is getting on the the Premiership...well he is man of The Match mostly every game and scoring freely from midfield.In August there was a figure of 2m being bandied about...I think that figure for someone so young and talented will substantially rise. He knows he is in the shop window as he did not want a new contract and he is playing out of his skin to attract the interset of a Top Club...now managers like his former one Wenger are taking a good look at him again...so where do you think he will see his future , slogging it out with no reward in the Prem...or the chance to win siverware and experience Europe?..not to mention International honours that will surely be coming his way...and you can't blame him for that can you?

So what to do with 70m?

This post is in no way supposed to be disrespectful to City fans...as a FOOTBALL fan ..its just the way I see it from my point of view, which you will no doubt disagree with and counter

Regards

TP

Hi Thaipauly,

Interesting post and to a certain degree i agree with what you say however 70 million will firstly pay of the remaining 32m+City are in debt and it will allow us to compete in the Transfer market.I also belive that 70M is probably the tip of an ice berg as any investor who is willing to speculate that amount of money further understands that he aint going to get a whole lot in return and hence needs a lot more.Whether or not any of this comes to anything or not is an entirely different and perhaps more pertinent question.

TP

Alot of your comments are extremely valid and i agree with most. However, as Totlanh has said, it would firstly clear up our debts and then give us some money for players.

Also, when trying to convince a player to come to your club, one of the things he wants to know (apart from his wages etc.) is where the club is going, what's his chances of getting medals etc. If your skint it's difficult to convince someone that you are wanting to get silverware.

I agree that many clubs like Reading are doing a great job with little money but they will NEVER win the Premiership title with their budget. I hate to say it but United and Chelsea are a league above the rest of us at the moment. And IMO, that is down to them having more money.

So what to do with 70m?

Sounds good to me :o

Never took it that way buddy.

The latest podcast from www.footballaudio.com

Man Utd vs Man City - Pearce knows he's under dog

Manchester City boss Stuart Pearce believes the bookies have it right by making his side very long odds to beat their city rivals - who have not won at Old Trafford in 32 years, whilst paying high praise to his opposite number Sir Alex Ferguson.

Audio Length: 2 Min 48 Sec

To join up and listen to the interview: Click here....!!!!!

Click here to join the debate on the bitter forum....!

redrus

I will be having a bet on City to win, but also the 50/1 double that Victor Chandler are offering for a Man City and Arsenal double win looks a decent bet.

Anything can happen in derby matches.

I can never forget, September 1989: 5-1 : Grown men were crying and the tee-shirts hit the streets the next day. I remember the United fans actually hiding, choosing to drink at home away from the pubs.

But in all seriousness, a point would be acceptable. I believe that Manyoo will win the league this season.

I will be having a bet on City to win, but also the 50/1 double that Victor Chandler are offering for a Man City and Arsenal double win looks a decent bet.

I can never forget, September 1989: 5-1 : Grown men were crying and the tee-shirts hit the streets the next day. I remember the United fans actually hiding, choosing to drink at home away from the pubs.

But in all seriousness, a point would be acceptable. I believe that Manyoo will win the league this season.

Maybe the mystrey investor is none other that colonel Gaddifi :o

Maybe the mystrey investor is none other that colonel Gaddifi :D

Libya, Gadaffi, you'd need bloody Gandalf............. :o

redrus

Sky Sports Match Report

Manchester United 3 - 1 Manchester City

Ryan Giggs moved second in Manchester United's all-time appearance list, but he was overshadowed by Wayne Rooney and Louis Saha as Manchester City were beaten 3-1 at Old Trafford.

Welsh wizard Giggs moved onto 688 appearances for the club, level with Bill Foulkes and behind only Sir Bobby Charlton, but he had a fairly quiet game as Rooney and Saha stole the show.

The strike duo scored at the start and end of the first half as United opened up a nine-point gap over Chelsea despite Hatem Trabelsi threatening to spoil the party with a fine goal for City 17 minutes from time.

Cristiano Ronaldo capped a good day at the office as he prodded home with seven minutes remaining to nip the City revival in the bud and secure bragging rights for the red half of Manchester.

Joey Barton endeavoured to stamp some authority on the game with a crunching tackle on Ronaldo inside 30 seconds, but any thoughts of it knocking the Portuguese off his stride were dispelled a little under five minutes later.

The winger collected the ball in his stride, meandered forward before delivering a cross into the box which Rooney converted with consummate ease.

The goal was simplicity itself, but United were given a helping hand by Sylvain Distin who took a wild hack at Ronaldo's centre but only contrived to hit thin air.

Rooney could have doubled the lead inside ten minutes but he lost control at the vital moment having taken Saha's delicious pass in his path.

The fear of going two goals behind appeared to jolt City into action as they enjoyed a sustained period of pressure and could have hauled themselves level on the 20-minute mark.

Micah Richards showed great desire to win a lofted ball into the box. Not content to rest on his laurels, the youngster looked set to nod home the second ball from six yards when a high boot from Rio Ferdinand caught him in the face and he headed wide.

Ferdinand's challenge certainly looked illegal and the City players thought so, but United were awarded a goal kick by referee Graham Poll.

Nicky Weaver was rarely tested in the opening 30 minutes, but he did have to be alert to push out a powerful drive from Rooney, while at the other end an excellent volley from Georgios Samaras was pushed to safety by Edwin Van der Sar.

Ronaldo's creativity was second only to Paul Scholes' and the two combined on 37 minutes with Weaver relieved to clasp a dipping shot from the Portuguese.

The momentum of the contest turned in a two-minute spell shortly before the interval as Richards saw a header cleared off the line by his own team-mate Samaras and United promptly went up the other end to score.

City, it is fair to say, contributed to their own downfall as Trabelsi and Richard Dunne got their wires crossed and Gabriel Heinze pounced to deliver a cross which was tucked home by Saha.

Weaver did his best to thwart Saha, as he threw himself at the feet of the Frenchman and he paid the price as he was forced off at half-time with a knee injury.

City threw on Stephen Ireland at the break and he tested Van der Sar's handling on 50 minutes.

Scholes glided around the Old Trafford turf for the entirety of the contest and it was only poor finishing which denied the midfield maestro an assist or two.

Rooney was played in on 53 minutes and he did his best by forcing Andreas Isaksson into a save, but the Old Trafford faithful were left frustrated as Saha scooped over the rebound with the goal gaping.

A knee injury hit Isaksson hard at the start of the season, but he may now get his chance with Weaver hobbling out of the piece and he did his case no harm with a stunning save from Rooney with 20 minutes remaining.

A teasing cross from Giggs found Rooney in space and he made good contact with his volley. The forward was denied a second goal, though, as Isaksson flung himself to his left to keep out the effort and had the presence of mind to push the ball to safety as he fell to the floor.

City continued to enjoy plenty of possession and they were rewarded as Trabelsi flashed a shot in off the crossbar 17 minutes from time.

A barnstorming finish was cut short, though, as Rooney was allowed space in the box by Distin to cross and Ronaldo stabbed home after Dunne made a hash of his clearance.

And the game ended on a sour note for City as Bernardo Corradi was shown a second yellow card for diving in injury-time.

Bit more bluenose balance for ya....::o

City see the derby as a chance to quell the neighbours from hel_l

By Clive Tyldesley.

Last Updated: 11:55pm GMT

It must be like living next door to lottery winners. When it comes to neighbours from hel_l, no supporters have had to suffer quite like the fans of Manchester City. Peering through the curtains at the arrival of all those expensive purchases and fine ornaments, putting up with all that building work and the thousands of visitors that come from far and wide, no wonder City moved a little further away from Old Trafford three years ago.

Even when they do beat United, they have got to travel to Guildford to tease their fans. But nobody enjoys a derby win more than Manchester City.

Fluctuating fortunes mean there are always going to be times when such victories are particularly sweet. How Rangers would love to beat Celtic next weekend. But for a generation or more, beating United has been City's only escape from the red shadow.

Old Firm games may harbour more bad blood and bigotry, local rivalries run every bit as deep by the Tyne and Wear and Mersey, annual pockets of hatred break out in the most unlikely corners of the British football map. But United and City fans are just different. You don't need to see their colours in order to segregate them on derby day. One lot have a prerequisite sense of superiority, the other lot have an inbred sense of humour. They don't mix. Noel Gallagher supports one, Eamonn Holmes the other.

advertisement

Facts are facts. City haven't won a major honour for 30 years. United have picked up 20 in the meantime. Since Sir Alex Ferguson arrived in town to increase trophy production, City have had a dozen different managers. Not since 1991 has City's name been above United's in the final league standings. There were two divisions separating them at one stage. City's last league success at Old Trafford came via the famous Denis Law goal that committed United to relegation in 1974. No wonder City fans have revelled in recent derby wins on home turf.

Last season, Cristiano Ronaldo's red card only served to enrich their enjoyment of a 3-1 win at Eastlands. In 2004, Shaun Wright-Phillips crowned a 4-1 victory with a fantastic strike. Shaun Goater's goals in the last derby at Maine Road are part of the legend of the old ground. My first ever television commentary was a 5-1 City win over United in 1989. I still meet fans who can recite the words that accompanied each goal. But United supporters can afford to forget them. The harshest fact of all is that beating City no longer means as much to them as beating Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool. Or Benfica for that matter.

The great divide that has opened up between the best and the rest in the Premiership has diluted some of the potency of derby games. In the last couple of seasons, Spurs and Everton have got close enough to Arsenal and Liverpool to give their local conflicts a national significance.

United versus City has not mattered to the rest of the country for a while. Such is the importance of the Champions League to the super powers, that Chelsea's rivalry with Barcelona has now become as entrenched as their long-standing spats with other London clubs. It is friction between a man from Portugal and one from France that adds most spice to tomorrow's game between Chelsea and Arsenal. How many Londoners will be on the pitch at Stamford Bridge?

The two Manchester clubs have fostered local talents, although the fear at City is that they are producing players for Chelsea to buy. Talks with new investors have raised hopes that City can realise more of the potential that their splendid stadium and loyal fan base offers. Their chief executive claims their turnover is among the top 20 in the football world. Nonetheless, the speculation is of a £70 million takeover at City. The Glazers paid £790 million for United. Today's derby has the air of a cup-tie between two teams from different leagues.

To United fans it is a chance to steal a march on Chelsea, to City fans it is a chance to help Chelsea. Better the devil you know won't taunt you. Visit the chat and blog sites today and you will not find much in the way of banter. The humour is caustic and concussive. But to United, it is business. To City, this one is personal.

redrus

Redbus,

Fair article that!

Bit i liked was...it made me laugh out loud :o

Old Firm games may harbour more bad blood and bigotry, local rivalries run every bit as deep by the Tyne and Wear and Mersey, annual pockets of hatred break out in the most unlikely corners of the British football map. But United and City fans are just different. You don’t need to see their colours in order to segregate them on derby day. One lot have a prerequisite sense of superiority, the other lot have an inbred sense of humour. They don’t mix. Noel Gallagher supports one, Eamonn Holmes the other.

A team that cost £120 million to assemble beat the team that cost £18 million at a library near Manchester on Saturday.

City: Weaver, Richards, Dunne (£3.0m), Distin (£4.0m), Thatcher (£0.1m), Trabelsi, Reyna (£2.5m), Barton, Vassell (£2.0m), Corradi (£1.1m), Samaras (£5.2m)

Total: £17.9m

United: Van der Sar (£2.0m), Neville, Ferdinand (£30m), Vidic (£7.0m), Heinze (£6.9m), Ronaldo (£12.2m), Carrick (£18.6m), Scholes, Giggs, Rooney (£31m), Saha (£12.8m)

Total: £120.5m

I watched the game in the Terrace Bar on Siam Country Road on a nice big telly, Never again will I make a quip about MU fans coming from London !

I was the only City fan from Manchester there!

Other city fans there were from Birmingham (Farang owner), his mad Thai Wife, Jumbo, brainwahed into becoming a City fan and a cockney guy shouting 'cam on city' although methinks he was a gooner.

I think I have found my local ! City games will def get preference there

Unusually quiet on here. So what did people think of the derby match?

I thought we gave an excellent account of ourselves and refused to lie down, didn’t have that bit of luck that you need, let ourselves defending, suffered badly with injuries (thank god they’re both alright), failed to trouble Utd with our front men though we did have some reasonable chances from other players, but class outshone endevour in the end – if we had just one finisher of Rooney’s calibre we would probably have got the point we deserved.

I was so disappointed not to have got something that I thought overall we deserved, that I just can’t face watching a rerun as I would usually do.

We’ve given Utd a run for their money in the seasons since Keegan took over and it can only be a matter of time before we get a fluky or one-off spectacular goal which will erase the hoodoo they have over us MENTALLY at old trampford for ever. We should have had it last season but it’ll come my friends.

Good game though, eh!

I’m interested to know in particular what Utd fans thought of it, particularly the second half?

The game was good, mostly, being an ever eternal pessimistic city fan, I was expecting a home win but at 2-1 down when City got their tails up for about 15 minutes after Trabelsi's superb goal, We were always going to leave gaps at the back whilst pushing for that equaliser; The difference is lack of firepower up front, Barton is a legend in his own mind and methinks the big boys are gonna come sniffing at Richards door in the transfer window, I think we should cash in on Distin and let Richards take over central defence, get rid of some dead wood and get a natural centre forward, but I have no idea who - any thoughts anyone?

Well 3-1 was t he score i predicted so the only suprise i can voice is the fact that we "went down"so admirably!I think City gave an excellent account of themselves and challenged in all areas and showed the grit lacking in so many other performances.I think to be fair City could have easily come away with a draw.I also think though a gulf in class between the two sides was evident and i always got the feeling that United always had another gear and TBH could have scored pretty much when they felt like it.Our obvious problems infront of goal was again all to sadly apparant and i think SP really has to consider aborting the Samaras experiment.The kid shows VERY occasional glimmers of class but really is he ever going to make the grade in the Premiership-I dont think so.I think Ireland was excellent when he came on and SP HAS TOO give him an extended run in the side.I mean Reyna or Ireland is a question i dont feel should have ever been posed.Reyna is too old and too slow.

Finally i hope Weaver is still Citys first choice keeper.I am so happy how well he has done and i feel it would be a travesty if he looses his place.Sure we spent 2m on Iakisson(or whatever his name is!)bu Nicky has proven that he has the neseccary quality to be Citys no1 keeper and unless he Fcuks up big time i think he should retain his place.

city did very well. we could have scored a couple of more goals,and your keeper made some excellent saves of rooney.

you have the makings of a good team and was very impressed with you win at villa,and had a feeling you would give us a hard game.

bred blue in the 2nd half city had a very good period and when you made it back to 2-1 i was wooried as all our early work could have been undone, we did it the united way,sometimes make it very difficult for ourselves.

good luck for the season!

Thanks for your kind words nev :o

Personally, i'm not too down beat about our performance. I think we can bring alot of positives from that game but the biggest negative is, our finishing. That i am worried about. Pre saturday, our defence was good and finishing poor. Our defence will and can get their act together but the strikers aren't good enough, unfortunately :D

city did very well. we could have scored a couple of more goals,and your keeper made some excellent saves of rooney.

you have the makings of a good team and was very impressed with you win at villa,and had a feeling you would give us a hard game.

bred blue in the 2nd half city had a very good period and when you made it back to 2-1 i was wooried as all our early work could have been undone, we did it the united way,sometimes make it very difficult for ourselves.

Cheers Nev,

Its nice to hear from a grascious Utd fan.Good on you pal :o

Well 3-1 was t he score i predicted so the only suprise i can voice is the fact that we "went down"so admirably!I think City gave an excellent account of themselves and challenged in all areas and showed the grit lacking in so many other performances.I think to be fair City could have easily come away with a draw.I also think though a gulf in class between the two sides was evident and i always got the feeling that United always had another gear and TBH could have scored pretty much when they felt like it.Our obvious problems infront of goal was again all to sadly apparant and i think SP really has to consider aborting the Samaras experiment.The kid shows VERY occasional glimmers of class but really is he ever going to make the grade in the Premiership-I dont think so.I think Ireland was excellent when he came on and SP HAS TOO give him an extended run in the side.I mean Reyna or Ireland is a question i dont feel should have ever been posed.Reyna is too old and too slow.

Finally i hope Weaver is still Citys first choice keeper.I am so happy how well he has done and i feel it would be a travesty if he looses his place.Sure we spent 2m on Iakisson(or whatever his name is!)bu Nicky has proven that he has the neseccary quality to be Citys no1 keeper and unless he Fcuks up big time i think he should retain his place.

Well said mate. Fair account of the game; Samaras needs to step up a gear if he's ever going to make it (his problem, he's far to nice); Ireland definately needs a run or to go on loan if we're not going to use him - i'd like to see him used in the next two with Reyna coming on for him if necessary; totally agree with Weaver, the man's done nowt wrong and deserves to keep his place (he's matured alot as well and has cut out a lot of the silliness especially outside the box which used to let him down), it was good to see the Swede looking useful.

At the moment i reckon we're just a couple of players short of a decent side. New left back. Think we've found SWP's replacement in Trablesi. SP to decide on his midfield 4 and stick with it. Buy some young DECENT legs up front to partner Vassell (who seems to be growing in to that left side midfield position though). Two wins coming up.

Nev's comments, though nice to read, have unnerved me - come on Nev, give us some stick mate!

Well said mate. Fair account of the game; Samaras needs to step up a gear if he's ever going to make it (his problem, he's far to nice); Ireland definately needs a run or to go on loan if we're not going to use him - i'd like to see him used in the next two with Reyna coming on for him if necessary; totally agree with Weaver, the man's done nowt wrong and deserves to keep his place (he's matured alot as well and has cut out a lot of the silliness especially outside the box which used to let him down), it was good to see the Swede looking useful.

At the moment i reckon we're just a couple of players short of a decent side. New left back. Think we've found SWP's replacement in Trablesi. SP to decide on his midfield 4 and stick with it. Buy some young DECENT legs up front to partner Vassell (who seems to be growing in to that left side midfield position though). Two wins coming up.

Nev's comments, though nice to read, have unnerved me - come on Nev, give us some stick mate!

mate we won i am very happy at the moment,we are top of the league,and how things have changed we now have almost everyone wanting us to win the league makes a change,and i just tell it as it is, you came to old traffofd and put up a good show.

Stuart Pearce had positive news on Micah Richards and Nicky Weaver following the defeat to Manchester United.

Manchester City were beaten 3-1 at Old Trafford and it appeared that they had also picked up a couple of injuries.

Richards went off with a leg complaint and Weaver a knee problem, but they both been put down as dead legs.

Pearce saw Bernardo Corradi sent off late on after picking up a second booking for diving and the City chief had no complaints with the dismissal.

"I have no complaints about the sending off," said Pearce.

"Bernardo went down a little bit too easily and I am not like the other 19 managers, who would sit here and give you a load of cock and bull about it."

Corradi is likely to be read the riot act by Pearce who added: "I would prefer him to stay on his feet and I intend to speak to him about it this week. Hopefully then, he will stay on his feet."

Archived