Karl Bermingham - Released - 11/05/2006

Paul Collins - Released - 11/05/2006

Michael Ward - Released - 11/05/2006

Bradley W/Phillips - Southampton - 05/07/2006

Lee Croft - Norwich City - 31/07/2006

Willo Flood - Cardiff City - 02/08/2006

David James - Portsmouth - 14/08/2006

Hey, that's abusing your new powers :o

At the moment I feel you need the 'Force to be with you' rather than more power, Oh dear as I write the game is over.......

No more need be said unfortunately,

Good Luck for the future, there is always the derby to stuff the other lot .....

Moss

1. All but Weaver, Micah, Dunn &Reyna were bobbins against Chelski.

2. Think City v Portsmouth will be on UBC Star (40) at midnight on Friday - chance to Thatcher's GBH (didn't he do the same on the China tour and put someone in hospital), he's out of order, crap, get Jordan back in.

3.See Neville Neville's older boy Gary has started preparing for retirement from football - check him out on 'Blues Clues' UBC Spark. :o

3.See Neville Neville's older boy Gary has started preparing for retirement from football - check him out on 'Blues Clues' UBC Spark. :o

Gota link to that Bred?

Nope, but my 3 yr old watches it most mornings on UBC Spark (channel 28) between 6 - 7 am, repeated during the day. Check it out. And Neville Neville, that's almost as bad as two uk barrister brothers called Rupert and Edward Bear. :D

City0-Pompey0

Dear or dear or Dear!!!!AFter these 2 dismal performances i REALLY fear for City this season.Last nights game was nothing sort of atrocious and we were booed of the park(rightly so).City look totally berift of any attacking imagination and we really need to get our midfield sorted out.Looking at the palyers we have brought in thus far i dispair i really do.I mean for crying out loud Paul Dickov!!!!!Who incedentally touched the ball about twice last night.Corradi from what i saw looked like a thatcher ie a thug.Samaras too is looking like a classic piece of business.Why or why do we buy these crap players.Anyhow thought id just share my rant i feel better now :o

Btw Still city till i die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

City0-Pompey0

Dear or dear or Dear!!!!AFter these 2 dismal performances i REALLY fear for City this season.Last nights game was nothing sort of atrocious and we were booed of the park(rightly so).City look totally berift of any attacking imagination and we really need to get our midfield sorted out.Looking at the palyers we have brought in thus far i dispair i really do.I mean for crying out loud Paul Dickov!!!!!Who incedentally touched the ball about twice last night.Corradi from what i saw looked like a thatcher ie a thug.Samaras too is looking like a classic piece of business.Why or why do we buy these crap players.Anyhow thought id just share my rant i feel better now :D

Btw Still city till i die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your frustations are totally echoed, my fellow sufferer :D It's my dad's fault, he hated me from the day i was born and decided to let me live the rest of my life suffering. Oh well :o

City till i die

My Player rating for City v Pompey

Weaver-6(if anyone deserves a run in the team its surely Nicky!!)

Thatcher-4(should have been sent off)

Dunne-6

Distin-5(take the 4.5m ta)

Richards-7

Reyna-3(too old-get rid!!)

Barton-5(needs to buck his ideas up)

Samaras-1(total <deleted>)

Sinclair-6

Vassell-5(runs a lot for little result0

Dickov-2(see Reyna and Samaras!!)

That was a shocking challenge by Thatcher. There was absolutely no intention to play the ball. I believe that the Pompey player had to spend the night in hospital. :o

It wouldn't surprise me if the FA hit Thatcher with a hefty fine and a ban.

That was a shocking challenge by Thatcher. There was absolutely no intention to play the ball. I believe that the Pompey player had to spend the night in hospital. :o

It wouldn't surprise me if the FA hit Thatcher with a hefty fine and a ban.

As Taken from BBC

Thatcher faces FA & police probes

By John May

Mendes needed oxygen pitchside

The Football Association and Greater Manchester Police are to launch investigations into Ben Thatcher's challenge on Portsmouth's Pedro Mendes.

Manchester City defender Thatcher was shown a yellow card after knocking Mendes out with his arm.

An FA spokesman said it will investigate whether they can take further action against Thatcher.

Greater Manchester Police confirmed it had received complaints which it is "duty bound" to investigate.

Mendes needed oxygen at the pitchside and was later taken to hospital after Thatcher's arm propelled the Portuguese midfielder into advertising hoardings.

Thatcher could escape punishment as referees are not allowed to retrospectively upgrade yellow cards.

An FA spokesman said: "We are looking at whether this may possibly be an exceptional case and what options may exist under our disciplinary regulations."

The FA have to do something, it is there for all to see

Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp

A Fifa spokesman confirmed to BBC sport: "It is one of the fundamental rules of the game that the referee's decision is final.

"Therefore, if it is his decision that an offence warrants a yellow card, that cannot be changed later."

Greater Manchester Police confirmed it had received a number of complaints about the incident and that they would be talking to both clubs, Mendes and Thatcher.

A GMP statement added: "From those talks, GMP will decide whether any further action will be taken.

"There is no official criminal investigaton but GMP is duty bound to investigate the complaints."

Pompey boss Harry Redknapp was incensed by the challenge and urged the FA to take retrospective action against Thatcher.

Redknapp said: "The FA have to do something, it is there for all to see.

"I do not want to see anyone suspended but how could that possibly not be a red card?

"What do you have to do to get a red, kill someone?"

Mendes travelled back to Portsmouth after overnight observation and a club statement said: "He will continue to be under medical and neurological supervision during the forthcoming week."

Mendes travelled back to Portsmouth after overnight observation and a club statement said: "He will continue to be under medical and neurological supervision during the forthcoming week."

Only just seen this MrBoj, whats your take on it, personally thought it was shocking, but hey its a mans game, if you don't lijke the challenges, theres always Rugby.

Good Luck

Moss

Well one good thing should come from Thatcher's idiocy, Jordan should be back in.

There's lots of debate about how City need a left sided midfielder. While i totally agree - i reckon we need strengthening in many positions – I really believe we need a left back more. I reckon Thatcher has never been more than a journeyman pro and now is losing his legs hence the necessity for the ‘got-here-as-soon-as-i-could’ rash challenges, while Jordan looks to have the makings of a decent defender but is blessed with Tommy Booth’s pace. It really worries me!

the old embarrasing salford thing again. salford is actually close to manchester town centre than citys ground.lol.

and the old all united come from london crap we have 75,000 crowds do you maths mate even if 30,000 come from out of town we still beat your attendance.

the old embarrasing salford thing again. salford is actually close to manchester town centre than citys ground.lol.

and the old all united come from london crap we have 75,000 crowds do you maths mate even if 30,000 come from out of town we still beat your attendance.

No matter how you try and cook it up Mate, Salford, and manchester united being based in Salford for almost a century, ARE NOT and NEVER WILL BE IN THE CITY OF MANCHESTER, unlike yours truly’s team, MANCHESTER City – when will you accept the those simple facts? :o

And the argument has never been we have more fans than ManUre (though we used to once upon a time), it is, that more City fans come from THE CITY OF MANCHESTER than United.

Only just seen this MrBoj, whats your take on it, personally thought it was shocking, but hey its a mans game, if you don't lijke the challenges, theres always Rugby.

Good Luck

Moss

Can't condone that behaviour what so ever Moss. Shocking and he deserves punishing. :o

Sylvain Distin is staying with Manchester City after the Club called a halt to the defender's proposed move to Middlesbrough.

City accepted an offer from the Riverside for the 28-year-old defender last week, but after the player failed to agree terms Stuart Pearce has now decided to pull the plug on the deal.

With time running out in the transfer window, the Manager wants to maintain as strong a squad as possible and he has reiterated that he never wanted to lose the former captain:

"We've drawn a line under it. I had a meeting with the Chairman and Alistair Mackintosh where it was agreed that something needed to be done. I'm running out of time, and it's tough enough getting a left-sided midfielder let alone another centre-half.

"I spoke with Sylvain and his representatives, and said that if nothing's resolved by Thursday evening he can stay at City. In the conversation I had with him on Wednesday he told me that he never really wanted to leave, which is funny because I never wanted him to leave either.

"The contract's on the table, we're happy with him at this club, he's given great service, I think he will continue to do so this year and, I think, beyond that."

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pagegid=...p;newsid=357702

I like Distin and i'm personally happy about this :o

been a City fan all my life and seen some things that I defended when if they had been a ManUre fan I would have been outraged - but I just watched Thatcher on the yourtube link and that is absolutely disgusting. I will be angry if the club doesn't do something about it. He isn't fit to wear the shirt IMHO.

For plonker Nev, Salford is not Manchester you eeeeediot and what does it matter how close to the City Centre it is. Where do you hail from BTW?

Problem with Distin though is that his contract is up at the end of the season and hence can go for free and we lose a potential 4.5 million :o

In the statement, i think he said that he would sign a new contract.

I dont think he did.......

Quote from Manchester Evening News

And, after another brief conversation with the Teesside outfit, it is understood the 28-year-old has decided to stay with the Eastlands outfit, having never really wanted to leave in the first place.

Although it means Distin will enter the final year of his present Blues deal with no agreement on an extension in place, keeping alive the possibility he could leave for nothing next summer, Pearce is bound to welcome the news.

Archived