Manchester City

mrbojangles

• Replies 28.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given the lamentable recent run and to me the strange tactics employed by SP EG bringing on Reyna and Dicov late on against SU in order to try to gain a win,i mean if that is as attacking minded as he can get God help us!!!So i would be really intersted to learn if any other fellow Blues think the time is right to sack SP or would you give him more time??

fellow Blues think the time is right to sack SP or would you give him more time??

post-19542-1161258789_thumb.jpg :o

Before it's too late and we're fighting against relegation. :D

Mr Bojangles and Totlanh, I have to disagree with your sentiments .

I think that sacking SP would serve absolutely no purpose.

The one thing that we have been missing over the years is continuity.

Lets face it, its not as though the board have given him any real amount of money with which to build his squad.

If you look at the character of SP, he is a real fighter, doesnt put up with any BS and I think given time he will come through.

The club had huge debts when they made him manager, and although it appears they have improved slightly they simply cannot afford to go out and spend spend spend.

I think one of the things that is continuing to improve is our youth policy.

There are plenty of promising youngsters coming through and SP seems keen to give them chances, unlike KK before him.

I think you have to give SP time, there are at least 5 or 6 teams currently far worse than ours so I dont think relegation is a remote possibility. Sure we are not playing well but I think SP is laying a foundation which will serve us well for years to come

Agreed but you need consistency with someone who you feel can do the job.

Lets face it, its not as though the board have given him any real amount of money with which to build his squad.

True but i just think he is tactically not good enough. My opinion.

If you look at the character of SP, he is a real fighter, doesnt put up with any BS and I think given time he will come through.

I hear what your saying Jack. I also think SP is a top guy but unfortunately, one thing you don't have in the EPL is time for someone to learn his trade. As we all know, if you act too late, the next thing you know your'e playing at Grimbsby, Scunthorpe and Huddersfield, week in, week out :o

There are plenty of promising youngsters coming through and SP seems keen to give them chances, unlike KK before him.

Absolutely, the young uns are looking good but we are not keeping hold of them. I'm not blaming SP for that though.

fellow Blues think the time is right to sack SP or would you give him more time??

post-19542-1161258789_thumb.jpg :o

Before it's too late and we're fighting against relegation. :D

Mr Bojangles and Totlanh, I have to disagree with your sentiments .

I think that sacking SP would serve absolutely no purpose.

The club had huge debts when they made him manager, and although it appears they have improved slightly they simply cannot afford to go out and spend spend spend.

I think you have to give SP time, there are at least 5 or 6 teams currently far worse than ours so I dont think relegation is a remote possibility. Sure we are not playing well but I think SP is laying a foundation which will serve us well for years to come

Sure we need continuity but with a manager who knows what he is doing.Everyone Likes SP as a person and for his special brand of passion.However if it were not for the likeability factor im sure the majority of City fans would be clamouring for his resignation.You say he is a fighter i agree he is but thats no use if you dont have the tactical nouse to go with it.You say we hav,nt any money which again is true but look at the numpties hes gone and bought.Paul Dickov i mean come on!!!Corradi is looking more and more like a complete TIT.bEASLEY AND THE KEEPER ARE BOTH INJURED AND hMANN LOOKS LIKE HE SHOULD BE IN AN OLD PEOLES HOME!!You also say he puts up with no nonsense unless your name is Joey Barton.I really feel its time NOW to get rid and bring someone in who is,nt just the easy and cheap option.

Sure we need continuity but with a manager who knows what he is doing.Everyone Likes SP as a person and for his special brand of passion.However if it were not for the likeability factor im sure the majority of City fans would be clamouring for his resignation.You say he is a fighter i agree he is but thats no use if you dont have the tactical nouse to go with it.You say we hav,nt any money which again is true but look at the numpties hes gone and bought.Paul Dickov i mean come on!!!Corradi is looking more and more like a complete TIT.bEASLEY AND THE KEEPER ARE BOTH INJURED AND hMANN LOOKS LIKE HE SHOULD BE IN AN OLD PEOLES HOME!!You also say he puts up with no nonsense unless your name is Joey Barton.I really feel its time NOW to get rid and bring someone in who is,nt just the easy and cheap option.

1) Dickov cost nothing...and he wears his heart on his sleeve. He WANTED to come to City, he didnt have to, and he took a drop in wages. An excellent squad player.

Corradi, cost very little in todays inflated prices. He is a big lad, and the games I have seen him play he has been ok. He has to become acclimatised to EPL.

2) Injuries to Beasley and Isaakson, unfortunate though they are, surely cannot be blamed on the manager.

3)Barton is a scum bag, however he is talented and over the last year or so has been one of our best players. As a manager, you could either instigate getting him sacked or let him go to another club at a fraction of his worth or you can MANAGE him, which I think SP has done extremely well. The bearing of his ars at Everton can hardly be looked upon as a serious offence which was borne out with the FAs ruling.

4) Hamann cost us 400k. He is an experienced midfielder, who I believe will provide the neccessary steel in the midfield. The younger players can learn from him.

As for tactics, well we havent conceded a single goal at home. Its not as though we are getting battered week in week out.

The only criticism I have is that we badly need a left sided midfielder along with a creative midfielder. But if the money aint there, you have to make do with what youve got.

Give him time, as I said before there are other teams for worse than ourselves. Relegation is NOT a possibility

Give him time, as I said before there are other teams for worse than ourselves. Relegation is NOT a possibility

Yes it is a BIG Possibility and far more so if SP remains at the healm.I hear what youyr saying Jack i really do but you sound like you,re signing from the same old worn SP hymn sheet.Sure we hav,nt conceeded a goal at home but is that the kind of City team you want??Defensive and hoping to sneak a win??I myself prefer city to be a dynamic attacking team playing exciting football(im still waiting :o )and not continuallt whinning about the lack of money.Utilize your home grown players and to be fair to SP he has done to a degree but look at last saturday.We were 0-0 desperatly pushing for a win and who does he bring on?Claire ######ing Reyna when he had on the bench Michael Johnston a young talented youngster who from what ive been told offers the creativity we are seeking,so why did,nt he use him??!!!!!Sorry for being so negative but i do believe SP is TOO defensive and very one dimensinal..........

Yes it is a BIG Possibility and far more so if SP remains at the healm.I hear what youyr saying Jack i really do but you sound like you,re signing from the same old worn SP hymn sheet.Sure we hav,nt conceeded a goal at home but is that the kind of City team you want??Defensive and hoping to sneak a win??I myself prefer city to be a dynamic attacking team playing exciting football(im still waiting :o )and not continuallt whinning about the lack of money.Utilize your home grown players and to be fair to SP he has done to a degree but look at last saturday.We were 0-0 desperatly pushing for a win and who does he bring on?Claire ######ing Reyna when he had on the bench Michael Johnston a young talented youngster who from what ive been told offers the creativity we are seeking,so why did,nt he use him??!!!!!Sorry for being so negative but i do believe SP is TOO defensive and very one dimensinal..........

I certainly agree with wanting a team to be attacking. I have been a City fan all my life, from the exciting days of Allison and Mercer ( just about remember), to the days of having Gary Owen, Peter Barnes, Dennis Tuart, Kiddo, etc etc in the same team. However right now we do not have the players nor the cash to buy the players to be cavalier.

So I would rather consolidate, ensure we dont get relagated, and build for the future. Once the debt has been reduced, and the younger players are older and more experienced, then we can start.

Re the game on Saturday, I didnt see it, so I cannot really comment, but from the reports its sounds as though it was an awful game, with little created. Had he brought on Johnson and lost, then he would have been criticised for losing, plus I think it is important to bring these players along without damaging their confidence.

Stuart Pearce admits his Manchester City players have a lot of hard work in front of them after the 4-0 defeat at Wigan Athletic.

Though Pearce's options were severely depleted by injuries, City produced a dismal display at The JJB Stadium.

Conceding twice in the opening five minutes immediately put the visitors on the back foot before Wigan struck twice again midway through the second half.

Pearce accepts his side were never in with a chance against The Latics and is now preparing for a tough few days on the training ground.

"We didn't give ourselves a foothold," lamented Pearce on PremPlus.

"You aim to quieten teams down, but we stoked them up by giving them two goals and that killed the game off.

"In the first half we had opportunities to score, but in the second half we lost our shape a bit and tried to chase it and we probably had too many forwards on the pitch.

"They deserved to win the game and we have got a lot of hard work to do this week."

:D:D:D

If there is a Russian billionaire out there reading this thread. Please, please buy us :D

shouldn't you be asking for a Thai millionaire with that performance the team cant be worth much more than that :o:D:D

Maybe we should also look for an American who will then borrow £800m :D:D

If there is a Russian billionaire out there reading this thread. Please, please buy us :D

shouldn't you be asking for a Thai millionaire with that performance the team cant be worth much more than that :o:D:D

Cheap shots is it, LOL, look at the league table bad ass................ :D

redrus

Maybe we should also look for an American who will then borrow £800m :D

Jing Jo started it Red :D

Maybe we should also look for an American who will then borrow £800m :D

Jing Jo started it Red :D

guilty as charged

sentanced to buy MR B two beers in Pattaya on the 11th nov

too f... in shay

JJP: Come on City, considering you are the only club from Manchester you are not flyong the flag very well for us Mancs, are you

Me: Considering we are the only club from Manchester we are not flying the flag very well for us Mancs, are we. Considering we are the only club from Manchester we are not flying the flag very well for us Mancs, are we. Considering we are the only club from Manchester we are not flying the flag very well for us Mancs, are we. Considering we are the only club from Manchester we are not flying the flag very well for us Mancs, are we. etc, etc!

Thats right Bred you keep believing the only club from Manchester is blue and i am sure in time you will fly the flag instead of lowering it for us Mancs. I think City like the limelight myself, dont you think?

Jack you are very quiet,still like SP?For crying out loud the THE MAN HAS NOT A CLUE!!!!!What the hel_l was he thinking??Playing Samaras out wide when he is an out an out striker!!And the second half he lamented about us loosing our shape.Maybe thats because you had 4 STRIKERS ON THE PITCH YOU MORON!!!!

SP OUT

SP OUT

SP OUT

Disgusted Blue

Thats right Bred you keep believing the only club from Manchester is blue and i am sure in time you will fly the flag instead of lowering it for us Mancs. I think City like the limelight myself, dont you think?

We ARE the only Premiership club from M/cr - we've been there mate - and yes we do like the limelight.

I don't quite understand why there is a separate thread for City anyway - everyone just keeps taking the pi$$ . . .

Thick skin, lads . . . you won't get relegated . . . this year . . .

Who do y ou support then smarty pants - wouldn't be Liverpool or ManU would it? If you want to ATTEMPT to take the piss, lets have your credentials!

JJP: Come on City, considering you are the only club from Manchester you are not flyong the flag very well for us Mancs, are you

Me: Considering we are the only club from Manchester we are not flying the flag very well for us Mancs, are we. Considering we are the only club from Manchester we are not flying the flag very well for us Mancs, are we. Considering we are the only club from Manchester we are not flying the flag very well for us Mancs, are we. Considering we are the only club from Manchester we are not flying the flag very well for us Mancs, are we. etc, etc!

LOL............... :o

redrus

Jack you are very quiet,still like SP?For crying out loud the THE MAN HAS NOT A CLUE!!!!!What the hel_l was he thinking??Playing Samaras out wide when he is an out an out striker!!And the second half he lamented about us loosing our shape.Maybe thats because you had 4 STRIKERS ON THE PITCH YOU MORON!!!!

SP OUT

SP OUT

SP OUT

Disgusted Blue

Come on you can’t completely blame SP for that one.

He’s got 11 first team squad players out, has to give debuts to M Mills (playing out of position at fullback – didn’t it show) and the other youngster (who’s name escapes me right now but I thought he looked an excellent prospect, I can see him doing something, and I thought he was our best player on the day). We had the youngest Premiership team we’ve ever fielded (even with old fogies like Hamann, Sinclair) which says a lot.

They scored a cracker within a minute without us touching the ball. Dunne then heads in when Weaver had it covered all the way. Your 2 nil down after 3 minutes with a much weakened team, what to do? We contested, and second half if we weren’t going to lose it 2-0 we had to push forward and put others up front with Corradi. Dickov for Hamann showed our intent. Then one-day’s-worth-of-training-in-5-weeks Vassell came on for Mills with a winger Sinclair going to fullback; bit of a gamble but the game was lost at that point. If we’d pulled one back then it may have been a different story.

We then let in an excellent goal and Jordan sealed his exit with gifting them a goal.

Who did we have on the bench left over, Laird who has yet to make his debut and Nedum who hasn’t played in months.

We were desperate and we bloody looked it, but if you give a team 2 out of 4 goals, come on, that’s not the managers fault it’s the donuts that played.

Bottom line is who is worth their position right now. Definite are Weaver, Micah, Dunne, Distin, Barton and Vassell if fit, and probably TS as he’s a SP favourite. All the others, I don’t think so! As Wardle and all have been saying, (half) the team needs to up their game, currently its not good enough and we will struggle.

PS. Funny thing is I’m a big one for playing 4-5-1 away from home, but you can only do that with a hard-working mobile Vassell not a one-paced Corradi.

Archived