Manchester City

mrbojangles

• Replies 28.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on you can’t completely blame SP for that one.

Yes i can and i do

He’s got 11 first team squad players out, has to give debuts to M Mills (playing out of position at fullback – didn’t it show) and the other youngster (who’s name escapes me right now but I thought he looked an excellent prospect, I can see him doing something, and I thought he was our best player on the day). We had the youngest Premiership team we’ve ever fielded (even with old fogies like Hamann, Sinclair) which says a lot.

Exactly Mills was not playing his natural position and we move Micah to centre,priceless!!

They scored a cracker within a minute without us touching the ball. Dunne then heads in when Weaver had it covered all the way. Your 2 nil down after 3 minutes with a much weakened team, what to do? We contested, and second half if we weren’t going to lose it 2-0 we had to push forward and put others up front with Corradi. Dickov for Hamann showed our intent. Then one-day’s-worth-of-training-in-5-weeks Vassell came on for Mills with a winger Sinclair going to fullback; bit of a gamble but the game was lost at that point. If we’d pulled one back then it may have been a different story.

Dunne without Distin beside him goes to pieces

We then let in an excellent goal and Jordan sealed his exit with gifting them a goal.

Who did we have on the bench left over, Laird who has yet to make his debut and Nedum who hasn’t played in months.

We were desperate and we bloody looked it, but if you give a team 2 out of 4 goals, come on, that’s not the managers fault it’s the donuts that played.

Its the manager who got the tactics WRONG and its the manager who made such poor field selections

Bottom line is who is worth their position right now. Definite are Weaver, Micah, Dunne, Distin, Barton and Vassell if fit, and probably TS as he’s a SP favourite. All the others, I don’t think so! As Wardle and all have been saying, (half) the team needs to up their game, currently its not good enough and we will struggle.

Agreed

PS. Funny thing is I’m a big one for playing 4-5-1 away from home, but you can only do that with a hard-working mobile Vassell not a one-paced Corradi.

Corradi is a complete numpty and we need to drop him

Jack you are very quiet,still like SP?For crying out loud the THE MAN HAS NOT A CLUE!!!!!What the hel_l was he thinking??Playing Samaras out wide when he is an out an out striker!!And the second half he lamented about us loosing our shape.Maybe thats because you had 4 STRIKERS ON THE PITCH YOU MORON!!!!

SP OUT

SP OUT

SP OUT

Disgusted Blue

Im here, very very disappointed.

But I do not think you can put all the blame at SPs door.

City were awful, that is apparant.

I have never been a fan of Jordan, but he is getting worse, at blame for 3 of the goals.

Sinclair is a lazy sod, and the front 2 just isnt gelling.

I liked Vassell when he came on, he did more than Sinclair had done all game. And Dickov for me should start every game. World beater he aint, but he trys and his attitude rubs off.

Dunney had an off day, we all do.

As for losing shape. What do you do when 2-0 down. I would rather lose 4-0 and try to get a goal, as opposed to sit and defend a 2-0 loss.

We have a small squad, which when hit by injuries, is difficult. We desperately need a left sided midfielder, and a creative man.

But although disappointed I know that there are at least 5 or 6 teams far worse than ourselves, and I believe SP will get it right

Jack,given the recent disaterous history at City what do you base your assertion"i believe SP will get it right"on exactly??You know IMO it was merely an experiment on choosing SP one which has gone totally wrong and again i fear if we dont get rid well be talking next season about the reasons why we are playing Championship football again.On a side issue i keep hearing about our financial problems but one could equally argue that they will be so much worse if we are relegated,hence,GET THE CHEQUE BOOK OUT! before its too late.I truly believe to depress y9ou even further,that if we are relaegated again thats it,we are finished as anything coming close to a sucessful football club :o

Jack,given the recent disaterous history at City what do you base your assertion"i believe SP will get it right"on exactly??You know IMO it was merely an experiment on choosing SP one which has gone totally wrong and again i fear if we dont get rid well be talking next season about the reasons why we are playing Championship football again.On a side issue i keep hearing about our financial problems but one could equally argue that they will be so much worse if we are relegated,hence,GET THE CHEQUE BOOK OUT! before its too late.I truly believe to depress y9ou even further,that if we are relaegated again thats it,we are finished as anything coming close to a sucessful football club :o

I truly believe that we are not in danger of going down.

West Ham, Fulham, Charlton, Watford, Sheffield Utd,Newcastle, have all got teams worst than ours presently.

I agree relegation would be a disater, but it will not happen.

Come January if we are in a tenuous position, I am sure emergency money would be available.

I think what the directors are looking for is for the next 2-3 years stabilise, reduce the debt, develop the younger players. Anything above a half way finishing position would be a bonus. Negative though it sounds that is the reality. Getting rid of Pearce does not solve the problem, and I reitterate that I believe Pearce and Wigley will produce an extremely fine team within the next 4 or 5 years

I only lasted 2 postings on the ManUre site and there was nothing there to interest me, so why DO they persist on coming on here. Anybody? No on second thoughts forget it, best to keepon topic and rip in to my comments on the Wigan game.

Bred, are you the one who started the Utd in decline thread a longgggggggggggggggggggg time ago.

if i remember rightly u posted more than 2 postings. When i am on a downer i have a look at the City thread cos it makes me have a chuckle mate.

oh Man City the only MASSIVE club to come from Manchester :o

Come on you can’t completely blame SP for that one.

Yes i can and i do

He’s got 11 first team squad players out, has to give debuts to M Mills (playing out of position at fullback – didn’t it show) and the other youngster (who’s name escapes me right now but I thought he looked an excellent prospect, I can see him doing something, and I thought he was our best player on the day). We had the youngest Premiership team we’ve ever fielded (even with old fogies like Hamann, Sinclair) which says a lot.

Exactly Mills was not playing his natural position and we move Micah to centre,priceless!!

ERR, NEITHER MILLS OR MICAH ARE RIGHT-BACKS (MICAH IS CENTRE-BACK / HOLDING MIDFIELD), SO I RECKON SP DID THE RIGHT THING IN PLAYING DUNNE / MICAH AGAINST HESKEY AND CAMARA. DIDN'T LOOK TO GOOD MILLS, DID HE, SEEMS TO AMBLE.

They scored a cracker within a minute without us touching the ball. Dunne then heads in when Weaver had it covered all the way. Your 2 nil down after 3 minutes with a much weakened team, what to do? We contested, and second half if we weren’t going to lose it 2-0 we had to push forward and put others up front with Corradi. Dickov for Hamann showed our intent. Then one-day’s-worth-of-training-in-5-weeks Vassell came on for Mills with a winger Sinclair going to fullback; bit of a gamble but the game was lost at that point. If we’d pulled one back then it may have been a different story.

Dunne without Distin beside him goes to pieces

PERSONALLY I RECKON, HAVING WATCHED IT AGAIN LAST NIGHT, THAT HE DIDN'T HEAD IT IN, IT CAME OFF HIS SHOULDER/CHEST AS HE LOST IT FOR A SECOND IN THE SUN - CHECK IT OUT. I WOULD PROBABLY AGREE WITH YOU THAT DUNNE IS BETTER WITH DISTIN THAN MICAH, BUT I'D PREFER DUNNE IN THE TEAM TO DISTIN.

We then let in an excellent goal and Jordan sealed his exit with gifting them a goal.

Who did we have on the bench left over, Laird who has yet to make his debut and Nedum who hasn’t played in months.

We were desperate and we bloody looked it, but if you give a team 2 out of 4 goals, come on, that’s not the managers fault it’s the donuts that played.

Its the manager who got the tactics WRONG and its the manager who made such poor field selections

SO GO ON THEN, WITH THE 15 PLAYERS HE HAD, NAME THE TEAM, THE FORMATION AND THE SUBSTITIUTIONS YOU WOULD HAVE MADE WITH YOUR RETROSPECTIVE KNOWLEDGE OF THE GAME - I'M INTERESTED TO SEE HOW YOU WOULD HAVE TACKLED IT.

Bottom line is who is worth their position right now. Definite are Weaver, Micah, Dunne, Distin, Barton and Vassell if fit, and probably TS as he’s a SP favourite. All the others, I don’t think so! As Wardle and all have been saying, (half) the team needs to up their game, currently its not good enough and we will struggle.

Agreed

PS. Funny thing is I’m a big one for playing 4-5-1 away from home, but you can only do that with a hard-working mobile Vassell not a one-paced Corradi.

Corradi is a complete numpty and we need to drop him

NO PACE, AND HE GETS VERY FEW CROSSES TO GET ON TO AS WE'RE WINGER-LESS, BUT WHEN HE'S HAD A CHANCE HE HASN'T LOOKED COMFORTABLE HAS HE. RECKON HE'D SCORE LESS THAN DICKOV IN A SEASON, I.E. LESS THAN 5. IF VASSELL'S FIT I'D PUT HIM UP FRONT WITH SAMARA AND CORRADI ON THE BENCH.

MY COMMENTS ARE ABOVE IN BOLD

Jack you are very quiet,still like SP?For crying out loud the THE MAN HAS NOT A CLUE!!!!!What the hel_l was he thinking??Playing Samaras out wide when he is an out an out striker!!And the second half he lamented about us loosing our shape.Maybe thats because you had 4 STRIKERS ON THE PITCH YOU MORON!!!!

SP OUT

SP OUT

SP OUT

Disgusted Blue

Im here, very very disappointed.

But I do not think you can put all the blame at SPs door.

I AGREE

City were awful, that is apparant.

TOTALLY AGREE.

I have never been a fan of Jordan, but he is getting worse,

I WOULD AGREE BUT DOES HE GET ANY COVER - REMEMBER HE'S SPEED IS NOT HIS FORTE - NO, THINK I READ HE'S HAD 8 LEFT MIDFIELDERS IN FRONT OF HIM. WAS BETTER WITH RIERA IN FRONT, AND OK WITH REYNA. HE'S BETTER THAN THATCHER THO'.

at blame for 3 of the goals.

EH, WHICH 3? NOT THE FIRST TWO THAT'S FOR SURE, THE THIRD AGREED (LEARN TO USE YOUR RIGHT PEF SJ).

Sinclair is a lazy sod,

HE'S HIDING ISN'T GOING FORWARD THESE DAYS, LEGS HAVE GONE. SHAME CROFTY ISN'T AROUND TO PUT SOME PRESSURE ON HIM.

and the front 2 just isnt gelling.

AGREED. SAMARAS AND VASSELL FOR ME.

I liked Vassell when he came on GREAT TEAM PLAYER VASSELL, he did more than Sinclair had done all game. And Dickov for me should start every game NO, NO, NO! LETS NOT GO <deleted> BACKWARDS - HE'S 4TH CHOICE OFF-THE-BENCH PLAYER AND NO MORE.. World beater he aint, but he trys and his attitude rubs off. AGREED.

Dunney had an off day, we all do. AGREED. THOUGTH HE RECOVERED AFTER HIS BLUNDER.

As for losing shape. What do you do when 2-0 down. TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU. SP TOOK A GAMBLE AND IF CORRADDI HAD PUT IN THAT SINCLAIR CROSS AT 2-0 WE'D HAVE BEEN SINGING HIS PRAISES. FOOTBALL IS ALL IFS AND BUTS. I would rather lose 4-0 and try to get a goal, as opposed to sit and defend a 2-0 loss.

We have a small squad, which when hit by injuries, is difficult. We desperately need a left sided midfielder YEP, LOKE TO SEE BEASLEY EGT A RUN, and a creative man WE DESPERATELY NEED IRELAND TO STEP UP TO THE MARK, I RECKON HE'S GOOD ENOUGH BUT HE NEEDS ARUN (OR SEND HIM DOWN TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP FOR A RUN). JOHNSON LOOKED THE BIZ DIDN'T HE..

But although disappointed I know that there are at least 5 or 6 teams far worse than ourselves I AGREE BUT IT ONLY TAKES ONE OR TWO BAD RESULTS ANY TIME IN THE SEASON AND YOU'RE DOWN IN THE DEADMEN , and I believe SP will get it right

MY COMMENTS ARE ABOVE IN BOLD

I truly believe that we are not in danger of going down. I RECKON WE'RE GOING TO BE ON THE FRINGE ALL SEASON.

West Ham, Fulham, Charlton, Watford, Sheffield Utd,Newcastle, have all got teams worst than ours presently. AGREED BUT A COUPLE OF THEM WILL FIND FORM AND MOVE ON UP.

I agree relegation would be a disater, but it will not happen.

Come January if we are in a tenuous position, I am sure emergency money would be available.

I think what the directors are looking for is for the next 2-3 years stabilise, reduce the debt, develop the younger players. THANK GOD FOR THE ACADEMY AS BAR VASSELL AND JAMES (COLE TO A POINT) WE HAVEN'T BOUGHT WELL IN RECENT SEASONS THOUGH I RECKON TRABELSI LOOKS DECENT. Anything above a half way finishing position would be a bonus AGREED . Negative though it sounds that is the reality AGREED. Getting rid of Pearce does not solve the problem AGREED - IN FACT ITS BEEN THE TENDACY TO CHOP AND CHANGE WHICH HAS BEEN PART OF OUR DEMISE IN THE PAST 20 YEARS - 11 MANAGERS IN FERGIES 20 YEAR REIGN!, and I reitterate that I believe Pearce and Wigley will produce an extremely fine team within the next 4 or 5 years I WOULDN'T BE ADVERSE TO BRINGING IN AN OLDER HEAD - ALLA VENABLES AND BOBBY ROBSON AT 'BORO AND EIRE - WHY NOT APPROACH CURBS (OR SOME OTHER DECENT OLD HEAD) WITH HIM JOINING CITY AS MANAGER AND SP AS COACH (MERCER / ALLISON)

MY COMMENTS ARE ABOVE IN BOLD.

I only lasted 2 postings on the ManUre site and there was nothing there to interest me, so why DO they persist on coming on here. Anybody? No on second thoughts forget it, best to keepon topic and rip in to my comments on the Wigan game.

Bred, are you the one who started the Utd in decline thread a longgggggggggggggggggggg time ago.

if i remember rightly u posted more than 2 postings. When i am on a downer i have a look at the City thread cos it makes me have a chuckle mate.

oh Man City the only MASSIVE club to come from Manchester :o

Not quite sure what your point is about the "Utd in decline thread"; wasn't that the most participated forum in the history of this site proving that every body loves a dig at ManU.

Interesting fact. The City page is "massive" (viewed / contributed) compared to the ManU page - stange considering there's more ManU fans in the world than chinamen.

Bit lonely on your pages eh mate?

Interesting fact. The City page is "massive" (viewed / contributed) compared to the ManU page - stange considering there's more ManU fans in the world than chinamen.

Maybe that is because we are playing well and dont have too much to say. We can sit back and enjoy the ride but ur lot are bobbins and u have lots to discuss by the look of things. That's the problems with Bitters, they are always moaning about something. Mind you playing at the council house, I can understand why. :o

:D:D

Maybe that is because we are playing well and dont have too much to say. We can sit back and enjoy the ride but ur lot are bobbins and u have lots to discuss by the look of things. That's the problems with Bitters, they are always moaning about something. Mind you playing at the council house, I can understand why. :o
That's the problems with Bitters,

Rather a Bitter Blue than Rancid Red :D

So it is written, so it shall be se so. Cos bitter/rancid or not, the trophy cabinet's speak volumes in this situation.

Bitter=plain ol bitter.

Rancid seems to= happy as Larry in a lesbian love parade. :D

redrus

Mind you playing at the council house, I can understand why. :o

Cheap shot and not factually correct jjp :D

The Stadium cost £110m to build for the Games. £77m (app) was given by Sport England and Manchester Council gave a further £33m. To convert it into what it is today cost a further £35m. This was paid for by Man City, so WE paid more than the Council did :D

The Stadium cost £110m to build for the Games. £77m (app) was given by Sport England and Manchester Council gave a further £33m. To convert it into what it is today cost a further £35m. This was paid for by Man City, so WE paid more than the Council did :D

Hhhhhhhmmmmm, ok so, where do Sport England and Manchester Council get their cash from....?

redrus

Hhhhhhhmmmmm, ok so, where do Sport England and Manchester Council get their cash from....?

Not getting into all that Red, just giving people the facts as to what actually happened. As many people thought we hadn't paid a penny and the council had paid everything, which wasn't true :D

From the blues web site

Richard Dunne thinks City fans at Wigan had every right to be angry at the team’s performance in the 4-0 defeat.

City’s skipper has revealed in an exclusive interview with the latest official club podcast that he and the players were as distraught with their display as the supporters.

Dunne was aware of how upset the fans were towards the end of the match, as he says:

“We could hear it during the last 20 minutes after the fourth goal had gone in, they were as disappointed as the rest of us and they have every right to vent their anger.

“We didn’t perform, two goals in the first three minutes was a terrible start and we realistically never looked like getting back into the game. That was the most disappointing thing for the fans, and us but we heard them and we understand why they did it.

“We don’t have any right to wonder why or think that they are not getting behind us, because they came out to support us and we did not perform. They have every right to let us know.

“Over the years the fans have been brilliant, even when we were in the second division they were still turning up. They are very loyal, they are always 100% behind us so when they do turn it is more noticeable and it hits us quite hard. It’s what we deserve and what we have to expect for performances like that.”

On the reaction of the players, the Irish international continues: “Everyone was angry with themselves, nobody performed or was up to the standard that we have set for ourselves over the last couple of seasons.”

You can hear the full interview with Richard in the new official MCFC podcast, which will be available on Wednesday.

Not getting into all that Red, just giving people the facts as to what actually happened. As many people thought we hadn't paid a penny and the council had paid everything, which wasn't true :D

Both parties get their money from us, the public who have therfore, paid more money than City. Which is my point.

redrus

Both parties get their money from us, the public who have therfore, paid more money than City. Which is my point.

Irrelevant really. Sport England put the money up for the Commonwealth Games, of which without the Stadium, the very successful games couldn't have gone ahead. Following that was the challenge of finding someone to take care of it and thus not ending up a big dusty, moth balled, white elephant. Now that would have been a waste of public funds, wouldn't you agree?

And where do you think Old Trafford get their money from. Oh yes the public :D Well they used to, now they just get American's to borrow from banks at stupid interest rates. :o

1-We got ours from our fans, not from you lot. Now we've payed for yours too nice touch.

2-League Table.

3-Trophy Cabinet.

4-History, we have one.

redrus

And where do you think Old Trafford get their money from. Oh yes the public :D Well they used to, now they just get American's to borrow from banks at stupid interest rates. :D

1-We got ours from our fans, not from you lot.

So away fans don't pay to get in do they not :o

Road tax is also paid by the public. Do you also moan about for instance, improvements to the M25 even though you never use it. Or that Lottery money has been spent on a charity for the blind, even though you can see :D

Come on Red, United got offered it as well but like we did at first, you turned them down and said NO, we are happy where we are. As did we.

If your gripe is about the public funds, what would you suggest should have been done with the Athletic stadium?

From a Stadium our size, away fans only pay a very small percentage of total ground income, then again, OT is always full. Even if sometimes not with the ones I'd like, its always full....!

I use every motorway in the country at some point throughout the year, I drive in a month what most do in a year. I don't own a car and have never paid road tax as, I have never owned my own car, never needed my own.

Lottery money can't even be used in this context. Thats a really bad one, shame on you [wagfingergif].

We turned it down cos we didn't need it then and don't need it now, even though the Glazer regime is very wrong, he wouldn't be doing it to lose money.

Lookin at the state of it, the AS should be knocked down or, at least done up.... :o:D

I don't have a gripe, I'm off work for a few days, and doing what comes naturally.... :D oi, no, not that. Havin a go a the bitter's.... :D

redrus

Lottery money can't even be used in this context. Thats a really bad one, shame on you [wagfingergif].

Tut, tut Red. What do you mean by that. Sport England pai £77m and so the Lottery money is exactly the point here:-

"Sport England (formerly the English Sports Council) is the governing body responsible for distributing funds and providing strategic guidance for sporting activity in England. This funding comes from both the Treasury and the National Lottery. Since 1994, it has invested over £2bn of Lottery funds and £300 million from the Exchequer into sports in England."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_England

:o:D

Tut, tut Red. What do you mean by that. Sport England pai £77m and so the Lottery money is exactly the point here:-

"Sport England (formerly the English Sports Council) is the governing body responsible for distributing funds and providing strategic guidance for sporting activity in England. This funding comes from both the Treasury and the National Lottery. Since 1994, it has invested over £2bn of Lottery funds and £300 million from the Exchequer into sports in England."

So that does prove, you did pay <deleted>*k all for your own ground and everyone else did....! :o

redrus

So that does prove, you did pay <deleted>*k all for your own ground and everyone else did....! :o

Nope, read again at the top Red, we paid £35m even with all uniteds wealth, you wouldn't call £35m <deleted>*k all :D:D

Archived