What is the best IPTV ?

JThai

I'm new to this IPTV stuff, actually didn't know these services existed. Can someone cut through the BS for me though and tell me what the best device and service and where to get it from? I want HD and I want english menus and content. I read about some that its mostly in Chinese. I plan to use this in Thailand and take it back to PH with me (on their joke of an internet).

Thanks

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I want HBO and all that, Discovery, all the normal stuff. I don't mind paying for it but it didn't seem like those packages were all too legal.

Yeah, well I'm actually getting fiber soon in the Philippines so I'm hoping that it would be useful but I'm not going to hold my breath. If it sucks, I'll just use it here in Thailand.

Is the a reason you don't like the offerings delivered off Ku or C Band Satellite?

While iptv really just means "Internet-streamed content", i like to think of iptv vendors being similar to a Sat or Cable TV company that grabs content from a variety of sources, bundles them into packages, then makes that available for distribution to... anywhere over the Internet (though many have geo-location contract restrictions).

iptv can be a do-it-yourself affair (and all the work that goes along with that), or you can get a 'system' that someone has designed that's available to PCs, mobile devices, special Set-Top-Boxes, etc, that run natively or possible require special software/hardware that deliver a custom menu and easily chosen content.

What have you looked at so far?

I don't own anything in Thailand, use hotels and apartments so using my own SAT is out. I'm a tech guy..dd-wrt..all that crap. I was just interested in these plug and play STB with all the content. While tech is my job I really don't have the time to be hunting this stuff down to do it myself. I'd rather be doing something else when I'm not working. Haven't looked at much just saw on a Thailand blog some guy talking about it.

Suggest you look at the following websites for a LIVE PRESENTATION of how a service might work.

TOT IPTV -- Streaming Channels (many of the Choice Preview channels will stream without being a member)

AIO TV -- WEB TV | ON DEMAND (logged in as Guest)

TVCatchup -- Channel List

ThaiExpatTV -- Channel List (sorry, no demo but the is a Free Trial)

ILikeHD Channel List (sorry, no demo)

Popcorn Time

Crackle

Kodi | xbmc (then add-in your selected services)

Of course there are also iptv-like services out of the US that require special configuration to view

Roku *

Hulu *

Netflix *

* GeoLocation restriction may require special configuration

Take a look at these previous ThaiVisa threads discussing IPTV

Started by ryanhull, 2014-10-07 13:18 -- 18 replies
Started by ryanhull, 2014-09-29 08:41 -- 37 replies
Started by livinthailandos, 2014-08-28 14:49 -- 20 replies
Started by pianoman, 2014-08-23 07:47 -- 40 replies

Started by Sunderland, 2013-08-18 10:01 -- 30 replies
Started by lemoncake , 2013-07-19 20:27 -- 13 replies

Install the ip tv list updater year dreambox media center plugins ip tv from nearly every country in the world

Can also watch Thai tv thaicom here in Europe and via versa when I miss the soap opera to much! Lol

Best and cheapest deal invest around 140€ for a slingbox connect to a diseq motor , and receive all satellites from your home country anywhere in the world around 7000 tv channels from European satellites!

Hd signals begin with 5 Mbit stream and also with a half Mbit DSL upload phone line is enough to stream on any iPhone!

So it's not nesarsary to buy any ip tv box because the signal can disappear

, when I use my self installed setup the signal is always here, never interrupts , and never disapear!

Hi JThai, if you are new to IPTV, the easiest to use is ilikeHD, it installs in your

browser,and you can stream from your PC,Mac,Android to your Tv.

They have all the channels you could possibly want,and at the right price

350 THB p.m., no need to buy boxes,no contracts,just month by month,

they have servers in BKK so works even if your Internet is not so good.

regards Worgeordie

wouldn't bother with ilikeHD unless you have 10mb plus, actually that goes for most of the companies mentioned.

Don't like to argue with Geordie, but my internet speed dropped off last week to between 3-4 mb and ilikeHD stopped every minute or so. I got on the blower to 3bb, they put me back up to 11mb where it should have been and I have had no issues.

Suggest you look at the following websites for a LIVE PRESENTATION of how a service might work.

TOT IPTV -- Streaming Channels (many of the Choice Preview channels will stream without being a member)

AIO TV -- WEB TV | ON DEMAND (logged in as Guest)

TVCatchup -- Channel List

ThaiExpatTV -- Channel List (sorry, no demo but the is a Free Trial)

ILikeHD Channel List (sorry, no demo)

Popcorn Time

Crackle

Kodi | xbmc (then add-in your selected services)

Of course there are also iptv-like services out of the US that require special configuration to view

Roku *

Hulu *

Netflix *

* GeoLocation restriction may require special configuration

Take a look at these previous ThaiVisa threads discussing IPTV

Started by ryanhull, 2014-10-07 13:18 -- 18 replies
Started by ryanhull, 2014-09-29 08:41 -- 37 replies
Started by livinthailandos, 2014-08-28 14:49 -- 20 replies
Started by pianoman, 2014-08-23 07:47 -- 40 replies

Started by Sunderland, 2013-08-18 10:01 -- 30 replies
Started by lemoncake , 2013-07-19 20:27 -- 13 replies

This is an amazingly detailed quality post on all iPTV options available from Thailand and overseas. Hats off !

This is an amazingly detailed quality post on all iPTV options available from Thailand and overseas. Hats off !

Except it isn't.

There are numerous players in the IPTV space worldwide. Many of them could find multiple clients here willing to throw money at them but, possibly due to lack of mass adoption elsewhere or proper product promotion, we just don't know about them here on ThaiVisa.

I would take a guess and say a few are legitimate. some quasi-legitimate, and many are just misappropriating content.

Great potential.

Well, I want HBO and all that, Discovery, all the normal stuff. I don't mind paying for it but it didn't seem like those packages were all too legal.

Yeah, well I'm actually getting fiber soon in the Philippines so I'm hoping that it would be useful but I'm not going to hold my breath. If it sucks, I'll just use it here in Thailand.

Hi JThai, ilikeHD will not work outside Thailand, you could try these

sites cucirca.eu stream-tv.me watchseries.it solarmovies.is, they

work well for me and are free.

The Internet in Thailand does go up and down, the kids been off

school does not help,playing games and facebook all day.

Just had a letter from TOT today, which i use, offering to up the

bandwidth for the same price,I don't know if they just pull numbers

from the air*,or if you actually will get a better service? maybe for

the first month,then it starts dropping down. * or somewhere else

beginning with an A.

regards worgeordie

PS if using the first 3 sites above, use either vidbull,gorillavid,sockshare or firedrive to stream from.

I've been using an Arabic IPTV box for well over a year I use it in KSA and Thailand and it works perfectly. I bought it from Aliexpress and it cost around 100 US. I get around 60 English channels including everything you want HBO, Discovery, Nat Geo. EPL. It upgrades itself every 2 months and it works on an Android system.

Except it isn't.

There are numerous players in the IPTV space worldwide. Many of them could find multiple clients here willing to throw money at them but, possibly due to lack of mass adoption elsewhere or proper product promotion, we just don't know about them here on ThaiVisa.

I would take a guess and say a few are legitimate. some quasi-legitimate, and many are just misappropriating content.

Great potential.

Don't be so modest, Rich :). Many of us are hopelessly pathetic when it comes to IT, but we all need to start somewhere, so you have given this newbie booby a nudge in the right direction. Been thinking of this for some time, so will use your pointers to get started and will report back in a few weeks.

PS: I live on the darkside (Jomtien) and have 3BB 10 meg. I may switch to True soon as this service seems to work better with my office VPN. Maybe even go optic. That should offer some experiences.

Just also bought the chrome cast , at moment I only can stream you tube videos to tv, how I can stream any other video or run other applications?

Get PLEX for your computer/server and the PLEX App for your phone. It trans-codes all video to chrome cast.

Just also bought the chrome cast , at moment I only can stream you tube videos to tv, how I can stream any other video or run other applications?

Get a Chrome extension called VideoStream.

You can then play any media on your network.

Hi JThai, ilikeHD will not work outside Thailand

Well, to be accurate, I believe the correct thing to say is ILikeHD requires you run it on a device with a Thai IP address in order to log-in and access the service -- something that people can get by physically being in Thailand, or, like so many other things, using a VPN or proxy service that provides a Thai IP. Many of the major VPN services these days include a Thai/BKK server location among their rosters of available server locations around the world.

Install the chromecast extension on your browser and you can stream anything your browser is showing.

For the last 18 months I have used watchglobal.tv. I have 10mbs internet and it works very well. I am able to get all the Sky channels from U.K. along with BT Sport and all 12 BEIN Sports channels. Plus HBO, Discovery etc. Also get all the main channels from USA and Canada. Best thing is as a sports nut it carries a total of over 60 global sports channels.

For the last 18 months I have used watchglobal.tv. I have 10mbs internet and it works very well. I am able to get all the Sky channels from U.K. along with BT Sport and all 12 BEIN Sports channels. Plus HBO, Discovery etc. Also get all the main channels from USA and Canada. Best thing is as a sports nut it carries a total of over 60 global sports channels.

So you paid 7200 baht/$225 U.S. upfront to buy their box and then 15 to 25 GBP per month ongoing for their programming???

So you paid 7200 baht/$225 U.S. upfront to buy their box and then 15 to 25 GBP per month ongoing for their programming???

Interesting post history.

RS wins court battle, only 22 matches of Word Cup to be aired on free TVs

Watch Global TV (Android Box)

Internet / Web TV boxes, what are impressions?

Questions about IPTV

TrueVisions adds more HD channels to cheaper packages

What is the best IPTV ?

Exactly the same recommendation each time. I'd recommend describing the pros and cons of the service you're so obviously hawking before your account gets banned.

Archived