British style lamb donner kebab in bangkok

kish

All the 60 bt ones sold at the side of the road around lower Sukhumvit are beef or chicken. If u want lamb kebabs then you will have to go to one of the many restaurants and pay more.

---------------------

Used to be a restaurant called Shaharazad (spelling?) right there on Soi 3 or 3.1 as you went into the Soi from Sukhumvit..

Lamb Kebabs (Donners) in Pita Bread.

And I worked for 3 years in Turkey, so I know my Kebabs.

And if you are ever in Ho Chi Minh. Vietnam....... on the street with all the backpackers hotels there is a Vietnamese guy with a Donner stand halfway down that street with some of the best Adana Kebabs I've ever had outside of Turkey.

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, jackoholly said:

What we mean by a British doner kebab is 'minced' lamb. Its dirty and greasy and hardly called quality meat but its tasty after a long drinking session. Often served with burger sauce... Filth! Does any other Brit agree this is what we mean?

Must not have been very good, it looks like you barfed in a Styrofoam box.You should have used a paper bag it's more ECO friendly!  After watching the video I can understand !

The vertical barbecues that I have had are actually slabs of meat threaded on the skewer.  I don't understand the congealed mess plopped on the skewer in the video, it looks like something that should be stuffed in a casing and called a sausage!

Archived