VIP arrival service

wellred

I have decide to purchase a VIP arrival service for when I land at Suvarnabhumi airport in January. On my last trip (January this year) the immigration queue was terrible so I thought 1100 bhat is not too bad if it means skipping that. My only problem is that it's not very clear where I will be met by the host/hostess. The voucher says;

"Please find our host(ess) at the end of the skybridge or at the door where the shuttle bus arrives, if the plane does not dock. She or he will be holding a sign with your name on it."

Where is the skybridge? I've landed at Suvarnabhumi a bunch of times but I guess I've never really noticed the VIP arrival people as I've never used them. If I get stuck should I just ask someone as soon as I exit the plane?

Thanks

The skybridge is the tube that you walk through when you get off the plane. There should be someone waiting at the end of it with your name on a card.

sustento is correct. You won't be able to miss them. I paid for VIP once and it was great not having to queue at immigration however, I just had longer to wait for my checked luggage. by the time it was on the carousel most of the people on my flight had made it through immigration. If you only have hand luggage then its nice and quick.

Sent from my KFTT using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe the immigration queues were bad last January, but they certainly aren't now. Although I get Fast Tack passes by flying business class on Emirates, I rarely ever use them as the normal channel is closer to my arrival gate and there is rarely even a one minute wait there. On an evening arrival last week, there were at most two people queuing at each desk. Contrast that to walking past the normal channel to the VIP Fast Track entrance, where there are fewer desks serving more arriving business class passengers - I have seen as many as ten queuing there.

Ironically, at many times of the day, the normal channel gets you into baggage claim faster than using the VIP channel.

• 2 months later...

The skybridge is the tube that you walk through when you get off the plane. There should be someone waiting at the end of it with your name on a card.

sustento is correct. You won't be able to miss them. I paid for VIP once and it was great not having to queue at immigration however, I just had longer to wait for my checked luggage. by the time it was on the carousel most of the people on my flight had made it through immigration. If you only have hand luggage then its nice and quick.

Sent from my KFTT using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Exactly what happened to us. First laughing at the crowd in the queue when passing by in our VIP car to fast lane ( which only had 4 people queuing), then reuniting with the crowds at the luggage belt. Our luggage came out f****** LAST!